Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Hamburg 1965
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:10

Hamburg 1965 - Is this not more Important than any Live Recording from 1981 Onwards ?

Am I missing something ? Just downloaded and listened to the Hamburg 1965 Recording available on IORR - is this not the release of the year ? - a fantastic recording from the primeordial years. I would rate this as important as any Stones Live release. Wow !! I know I would get more excited about this rather any anything from 1981 onwards.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-23 22:15 by bv.

Re: Hamburg 1965 - Is this not more Important than any Recording from 1981 Onwards ?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:25

A link please........

Re: Hamburg 1965 - Is this not more Important than any Recording from 1981 Onwards ?
Date: April 22, 2014 01:31

NICOS
A link please........
Posted by: velonabolin ()
Date: April 17, 2014 17:11

here the link for the hambourg 1965 concert. Enjoy it
[www.wetransfer.com]

Please respect and thank velonabolin () for this wonderful upload

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:32

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,2020709

It's a great show--those who've seen Charlie is My Darling will get the general idea.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:45

Thanks Tonstone and of course Aquamarine for the one click link....................

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:50

Maybe one of the best recordings from the the Stones in the 60`s.
I listened to it many times now and it`s still fantastic.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 22, 2014 02:22

I can appreciate it but don't really get my nads pumped by the Jones era stuff as much as the Taylor and Wood eras. This is just me.

Date: April 22, 2014 02:56

What are the track listings?

Date: April 22, 2014 03:17

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
What are the track listings?
Everybody Needs Somebody to Love>>
Pain in My Heart
Around and Around
"Mick says thank you"
Time is on My Side
I'm Movin' ON
"Charlie introduction"
The Last Time
Satisfaction
It's All Right

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 22, 2014 05:39

Jesus, they ruined the setlists with warhorses like Satisfaction back then too? grinning smiley

Date: April 22, 2014 09:55

jazzbass
I can appreciate it but don't really get my nads pumped by the Jones era stuff as much as the Taylor and Wood eras. This is just me.
Jazzbas - no problem - I just get my nads pumped by an unreleased 60's classic recording. I have loads of Taylor - Woods recordings, but the point is how many great recordings from the 60's original Stones see the light of day?

Date: April 22, 2014 10:05

Tonstone
Am I missing something ? Just downloaded and listened to the Hamburg 1965 Recording available on IORR - is this not the release of the year ? - a fantastic recording from the primeordial years. I would rate this as important as any Stones release. Wow !! I know I would get more excited about this rather any anything from 1981 onwards.

Many simply didn't know. Thanks for posting a link at the tell me-forum as well.

Only bad thing is that wetransfer.com is down at the moment angry smiley

I'm looking forward to hearing this! thumbs up

Date: April 22, 2014 10:15

RollingFreak
Jesus, they ruined the setlists with warhorses like Satisfaction back then too? grinning smiley

It was more of a warpony then. grinning smiley

Re: Hamburg 1965 - Is this not more Important than any Live Recording from 1981 Onwards ?
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 22, 2014 12:25

At least they didn't play You Got Me Rocking.

Re: Hamburg 1965 - Is this not more Important than any Live Recording from 1981 Onwards ?
Date: April 22, 2014 13:03

This sounds really great! The release of the year thumbs up

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 22, 2014 13:18

DandelionPowderman

The NSA has to connect to a bigger server, won't take long!

Date: April 22, 2014 13:20

Rank Stranger
DandelionPowderman

The NSA has to connect to a bigger server, won't take long!

Got it now! thumbs up

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 22, 2014 16:10

Thanks for sharing thumbs upthumbs up

Date: April 22, 2014 16:13

I must have listened to this show 10 times at work today.

Lovely show thumbs up smileys with beer >grinning smiley<

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 22, 2014 16:21

DandelionPowderman
I must have listened to this show 10 times at work today.

Lovely show thumbs up smileys with beer >grinning smiley<

and drinking as well...smileys with beer

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 22, 2014 16:26

So how the hell did this thing appear?
An unknown soundboard recording from 1965 suddenly appears in 2014.
What's the story?

Date: April 22, 2014 16:59

Beats me as well...

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 22, 2014 17:58

RoughJusticeOnYa
At least they didn't play You Got Me Rocking.

... and it works fine without Chuck ...

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: April 22, 2014 18:08

vudicus
What's the story?

Somebody had it in his shelfs for decades and more than a year ago proceedings started. In the end he/she made good money out of it and - from my point of view - god save the bootleggers. Without the guys from the often critizised label we would have never heard of it.

smileys with beer

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 22, 2014 18:36

silkcut1978_
vudicus
What's the story?

Somebody had it in his shelfs for decades and more than a year ago proceedings started. In the end he/she made good money out of it and - from my point of view - god save the bootleggers. Without the guys from the often critizised label we would have never heard of it.

smileys with beer

Wow, I wonder what other goodies are lurking in peoples collections in a similar way.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 18:49

silkcut1978_
vudicus
What's the story?

smileys with beer

Some weeks ago you wrote about the Waldbühne 1965 is going to be released soon. Do you have any additional info on this?

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 20:23

Truly awful recording. Jagger sounds like a vocalist who has never been able to hear himself sing over the shrieks of the audience. It would take them another four years and a dramatic change in personnel to become an excellent live band.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: April 22, 2014 21:12

Holy, what a time capsule! Brings me back to listening Got Live If You Want It om my record changer. Fantastic.

Does this he/she perhaps have more stuff in his/her attic?

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: April 22, 2014 22:06

LongBeachArena72
Truly awful recording. Jagger sounds like a vocalist who has never been able to hear himself sing over the shrieks of the audience. It would take them another four years and a dramatic change in personnel to become an excellent live band.

That's how they made their reputation in the first place--as an excellent live band.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 22, 2014 23:11

Think about it from a collector/fan/sidelines perspective... If you are on the inner circle back in the 60s/70s, and something was recorded... IF you released it, everyone would be able to trace the source to the original leak, unless it is straight theft. At this point enough time has passed as to muddy the waters.

I think there is one interesting note... the Stones are not going out of their way to shut down the distribution of ROIOs. I think they have plans to continue to release recordings for decades to come, eventually from all tours. That would be one heck of a 'box set', and eventually a 'deluxe box set'.

Many collectors are sitting on phenomenal recordings. I am not one of them, but I do know folks who have stellar recordings from 72 and 75, that they should not have in their possession. Years ago they would fear for their lives if the material leaked out, as it would have been directly traceable to the individual holding the reels.

At this point in time, I hope that folks will continue to open the collective vaults. The Stones are not litigating against any bootleggers and are actively releasing well-known bootlegs in top notch quality.

I just wish Mick n Keith would let me into the vaults to mix and release obscure recordings!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-22 23:12 by flacnvinyl.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home