Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Criss Cross?
Posted by: varv ()
Date: March 4, 2011 19:43

There are two full versions of this song. Could someone tell me where to find the best sounding versions of them. I know Acetates lists two versions but they're both the same.

Re: Criss Cross?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 4, 2011 20:24

There's three outtakes compilations on the HOT STUFF page that have the best sounding version of this and many other tracks and you can download it for free. It's in UrbanSteel's list.

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: March 4, 2011 20:49

This is my favorite, it's SO clean !!! How can you NOT release this? It's all them drugs mon...

CRISS CROSS MIND - Best Version !!!!

I AIN'T LYING - Much better than the 2010 official release

Date: March 4, 2011 20:55

Thanks Rocky,but as I'm burnerless I won't be downloading right now. I was hoping someone could tell me the name of the boots with the best sounding versions of this song.

Date: March 4, 2011 21:05

Leave it to CrissCrossMind to come up with this! Fantastic!

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: March 4, 2011 21:23

Acetates
Fast Talking
Mad Shadows
Some Boys

I think all those bootlegs have different versions of Criss Cross Mind. The one on Acetates is by far the cleanest sounding. The others are a bit muddy but they all offer something extra.

Date: March 4, 2011 21:50

Yeah Hillside,Acetates has the best "no sax" version I've heard up until the above youtube version. I haven't compared them yet but it seems like this youtube version is longer,but I'm not sure. I thought I had the "sax"version in very good sound quality on some comp boot but I can't recall for sure.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: March 4, 2011 22:18

Yeah, the best sax version is on Fast Talking but it has some tape hiss in the background. I think the version on Some Boys is the most complete one but the sound is not that good. That version doesn't fade out. It ends with some loud noises, like an airplane or something.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 4, 2011 22:32

Varv, I recommend THROUGH THE VAULTS DARKLY's full-lenght saxophone version. I would recommend checking that out if you can find the boot. I know you have burner issues, but if that changes UrbanSteel has all three volumes (six discs) on the Hot Stuff page at IORR.

Date: March 4, 2011 22:32

Thanks alot guys for your help on this.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 5, 2011 01:43

Acetates has the best. The rest are inferior.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home