Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

...Is this real?
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: November 22, 2013 19:16

God it sounds awful...

Re: ...Is this real?
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 22, 2013 19:34

It`s not a great song anyhow, IMO. The Stones have a strange way of choosing the least exciting ones among their lesser played tunes.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 22, 2013 19:47

ughhh the infamous "headset microphone" which has mercifully been retired.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 22, 2013 21:51

Someone's guitar playing is way off (I won't say whosewinking smiley), both out of tune and appears to be playing the wrong song--it sounds more like the chords from If You Can Rock Me.

The song sounded good when I saw them this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-22 22:41 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 22, 2013 22:32

Yup--whatever happened there, it's sounding great now.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 22, 2013 22:55

Eh, so he sounds bad. Its an amazing song so I'd honestly prefer they play it badly than not at all. And as many have said, the bottom line is it sounded really good on this tour and with a band of guys in their 60s its fine to just accept that.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 25, 2013 03:22

Wow. That's HORRIBLE.

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: November 25, 2013 04:09

I cant access the video. What song is it??

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 25, 2013 12:57

stonehearted
Someone's guitar playing is way off (I won't say whosewinking smiley), both out of tune and appears to be playing the wrong song--it sounds more like the chords from If You Can Rock Me.

The song sounded good when I saw them this year.

I can't load that particular clip but it was one of those songs that suffered from the infamous B Stage train wreck syndrome.
Not sure why it happens...bad monitors ? guitars going out of tune with tempertature changes ? They sometimes seem to get kind of disorientated onthe B Stage... and the results can be a bit of a mess confused smiley

The resemblence to IYCRM of course goes right back to '76...when they made the two songs into a medley winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-25 12:58 by Spud.

Date: November 25, 2013 13:04

Sometimes the echo was unbearable, both for the musicians and for the audience, with the B-stage.

This reminds ma of Street Fighting Man in Stockholm 2003 - it was totally wrecked for the same reasons.

If you can't hear well, you won't play well...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 25, 2013 17:05

Thats Ronnie's rhythm guitar, not Keith. You hear the notes, yes, but the timing is off due to the delay between the moving stage and the main PA. Atlanta in 06 had the same thing btw. They dropped Keith out of the mix completely! It was a blast to hear just Ronnie for once! I like Ronnie's playing but remember that we are only hearing half the duel, goofs and all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home