Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - New NY Dolls record
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 19, 2011 08:26

I'm sitting here listening to a pre-lease in prep for an interview next week with David and Syl - I'm also going to write a review of the full record. And I have to say - it feels, in parts, like an early Stones record - very bluesy and soulful - simple, studied - it's refreshing in kind of a retro way - I think you'll like it -

I almost wish they'd just call it a David/Sylvain record since it's pretty much all on them - but then, there's all the glittery value of the brand name "Ny Dolls"

Re: OT - New NY Dolls record
Posted by: peter ()
Date: February 19, 2011 10:09

Since the NYD refrmed and hit the road several years ago, they played San Francisco 4 times & I went to them all....hands down, they are the best 'live' rock act on the road today...no giant screens, no light shows...just excellent rock & roll that manages to rip you to shreds without one song on the radio...that's pretty cool....peter

Date: February 19, 2011 13:55

Is this the new album where they re-cut "Funky But Chic"?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 19, 2011 17:47

palace - right - and it's sorta weird - that's the one hiccup for me because it's similar enough to the original where you note the original is better - unlike the island version of Trash they did last record - totally different

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home