Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's Parrot Cay House For Sale?
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: February 15, 2011 15:55

Just saw this posted in Turks & Caicos Real Estate, and from the pics it looks very similar to Keith's spot (given the pics in Life).

[www.tcrea.com]

There goes the neighborhood.

Re: Keith's Parrot Cay House For Sale?
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: February 15, 2011 17:49

Isn't his house up on a mountain?
I don't think is next to the water.

Date: February 15, 2011 17:58

From what i've seen on an old video, Keith's house is not close to the sea, and is much more old style.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-15 19:34 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: February 15, 2011 18:21

Not his house. As has been pointed out, Keith's place is up on the side of a "mountain" or hill overlooking the bay. I've been there, I remember it well.

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: February 15, 2011 19:01

souldoggie
Not his house. As has been pointed out, Keith's place is up on the side of a "mountain" or hill overlooking the bay. I've been there, I remember it well.

You're doing well if you remember it.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: February 16, 2011 01:16

Jumpinjackflash59
From what i've seen on an old video, Keith's house is not close to the sea, and is much more old style.

What video would that be? Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the house in Jamaica that was one of the settings for the VH-1 interview with Anthony DeCurtis back in the early 90s?

J

Date: February 16, 2011 03:55

I'm pretty damn positive this is Keith's place in Parrot Cay, not what everyone else is mentioning (the Ochos Rios place in Jamaica). Even the white sofas set up in an L- shape are pretty close to those published in LIFE (the family shot with Marlon, Keith and all the girls). The pool area is damn-near exact from a family shot of them all that Marlon has (the family all wearing black t-shirts with RICHARDS across the back while they all are facing the sea). Perhaps he's done with it; most of the writing / dictating of the book was done there.

I hope this means he's going to hole up in his basement and get the studio up and running to get back in shape. Lord knows, the negative posts warrant he needs the work.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 16, 2011 04:35

Parrot Cay is in the Turks and Caicos islands which are flat, so the house "on the mountain" you're thinking about must be the one in Jamaica. And I think all the homes on Parrot Cay are on or opposite the ocean (one of the appealing things about having a home on a privately-developed island). I don't know if the home for sale belongs to Keith or not but it's a beautiful place for sure.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-16 08:17 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 16, 2011 05:04

bastardsparadise09
I'm pretty damn positive this is Keith's place in Parrot Cay, not what everyone else is mentioning (the Ochos Rios place in Jamaica). Even the white sofas set up in an L- shape are pretty close to those published in LIFE (the family shot with Marlon, Keith and all the girls). The pool area is damn-near exact from a family shot of them all that Marlon has (the family all wearing black t-shirts with RICHARDS across the back while they all are facing the sea). Perhaps he's done with it; most of the writing / dictating of the book was done there.

One thing that kinda makes me think it's not his house is that the listing shows the house as built in 2006. The caption for the photo of Paul Mc. visiting Keith in Life says it was taken in January 2005.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: February 16, 2011 05:08

Also - the couch in the Keith photo has square shaped arms the listing photo has round arms. I can't be 100% positive, but it seems as though it's an L shaped sectional Keith's family is on rather than two separate couches in an L pattern.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: February 16, 2011 06:39

you're probably correct, Cindy, esp. with the dates.

My memory is sh*t nowadays; I barely remember the '78 tour
(my first Stones show).
Charlie in Austin

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: February 16, 2011 08:11

Asking $800,000 too much IMHO.....

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: February 16, 2011 17:51

I showed my mom the pic in Life of Keith and Paul McCartney there. She's got pretty bad eyesight, and when she read the caption she recognised Paul, and then pointing to Keith she said "So is this Parrot Cay?"

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Date: February 16, 2011 18:51

JMARKO
What video would that be? Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the house in Jamaica that was one of the settings for the VH-1 interview with Anthony DeCurtis back in the early 90s?

J

Oups, you're right!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 16, 2011 21:17

How many people incorrectly pronounce 'cay' like the letter K?

Date: February 16, 2011 21:22

skipstone

I do even though I know it's wrong. Just like Demi Moore. I know she pronounces it as Dim-ee, but I can't make that stick in my head (not that I ever have the occasion to address her).

I had a friend who always said place-bo instead of pla-cee-bo. She knew it was wrong too, just could stop.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: February 16, 2011 23:10

Jeez for 14 Million I hope you get a hand job with that at least .

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: February 17, 2011 00:24

Status Active Parcel Number 127

Style 1 Storey

Property Name Dhyani House

Year Built 2006

Title to Land Freehold

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 17, 2011 10:48

skipstone

So how is it pronounced? "Key?" It's pointless scolding people for getting it wrong if they don't know any better.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2011 11:01

It's pointless scolding people for getting it wrong if they don't know any better.

No stuff 'em get the blade and slither their tongues out .....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 17, 2011 13:57

The pic of Keith and Paul McCartney (from Life) was taken at Keith's place in Turks, wasn't it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home