Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How much taller is Mick with his Enhanced Footwear?
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: February 14, 2011 19:37

Mick J: 5'10"
Keith: 5'9"
Darryl: 5'11"
Charlie: 5'8"
Mick T: 5'11"
Bill: 5'7"
Brian: 5'6"

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 14, 2011 19:45

The Sicilian
dead.flowers

I see Keith brought his pistol.

Yes, and is it a pistol or his "blade"? Anyway, by now, in the year 1 after the publication of "LIFE", there's nothing left but ridicule.

And, sharply observed, Mr. The Sicilian, I wonder how that detail could slip my attention.

BTW, would anyone be able, and bother, to enlarge the pic, please, for better study?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 14, 2011 19:51

They have to be small as they are called the Rolling Stones....If they were big then they be
called the Rolling Bolders!!! ha..

Date: February 14, 2011 20:15

Date: February 14, 2011 20:24

Rui Leonardes, London designer, about his high-heeled shoes for men:

"These shoes are for men with balls and kickass women."

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: February 14, 2011 20:30

Micks Nikes are terrible. What a @#$%& mess it is. Mick had so much style in the 60s and 70s. He always knew how to dress and now he's wearing that abomination of footwear...god awful.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2011 20:37

Poor Mick, what a mismatch. IMO no man should be shorter than his woman. Especially a star. It is the first thing and pretty much the only thing (unless either is ugly) that everyone will notice.

She looks like she is carrying him. Sort of like a man wearing a really cheap suit. Geez, he is nearly at breast feeding level.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 14, 2011 20:57

That French guy has got cuban heels on. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: February 14, 2011 23:25

crawdaddy
That French guy has got cuban heels on.

... "That French guy"?.... crawdaddy, where you from? Happens to be Nicolas Sarkozy, 23rd and current President of France (a little country known for their wine and tasty food - no big deal, I mean, it ain't the GREAT USA !!! cough cough)

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 15, 2011 00:33

please dont list daryl as a stone

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 15, 2011 01:26

Looking at those pictures: If Mick is 1.75 m, she must be taller than 1.85 (6' 1") which is very tall for a woman.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 15, 2011 03:09

mick is 5 foot 10 with the custom nikes much shorter without keep that in mind

Date: February 15, 2011 03:32

dead.flowers
The Sicilian
dead.flowers

Yes, and is it a pistol or his "blade"? Anyway, by now, in the year 1 after the publication of "LIFE", there's nothing left but ridicule.

And, sharply observed, Mr. The Sicilian, I wonder how that detail could slip my attention.

BTW, would anyone be able, and bother, to enlarge the pic, please, for better study?

What would be even funnier is if Ronnie had a smaller pistol sticking in his belt too; or like a butterknife...

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 15, 2011 08:18

L'wren Scott is supposedly 6'4" (193 cm) - a full 6 inches (15 cm) taller than Mick - so I can understand why he would want to get lifts built into his shoes. Perhaps those black Nike sneakers he often wears have been altered with some custom inserts.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 15, 2011 08:37

Mick seems to be the tallest guy in Stones with his 1,75..I thought Keith was much taller...and Ronnie too...confused smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: February 15, 2011 10:27

I don't understand what drives him to always go for such super-tall women. That Goddess in the Doorway Sophie Dahl also was on the very tall side.

Only Bianca was different in that respect, but that's another story, because that was as if he had married his own reflection.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: February 15, 2011 11:11

The Sicilian

Poor Mick, what a mismatch. IMO no man should be shorter than his woman. Especially a star. It is the first thing and pretty much the only thing (unless either is ugly) that everyone will notice.

She looks like she is carrying him. Sort of like a man wearing a really cheap suit. Geez, he is nearly at breast feeding level.

Haha! She does! He is! He almost looks like a puppet. I'm short too, I'd like to climb her anyday.

And not that I like Bono or anything, but why can't Mick wear some nice creepers like der Boner is in that one pic. They are certainly more stylish than those stupid sneakers.

And people do shrink. My dad was 5'11 at his peak, I'm just under 5'7. He use to be noticeably taller than me, now we are almost eye level with each other. He's 81, a (tad!)bit older than the Stones, but they could have shrunk a little already.

Date: February 15, 2011 12:20

These Nikes are definitely not all the rage. Please bring back some style, Mick.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 15, 2011 12:23

Bimmelzerbott
Micks Nikes are terrible. What a @#$%& mess it is. Mick had so much style in the 60s and 70s. He always knew how to dress and now he's wearing that abomination of footwear...god awful.

I've been told that he began wearing these kinds of "shoes" since he had some problems with his feet when running from one side of the stage to another ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 15, 2011 12:25

dead.flowers
The Sicilian
dead.flowers

I hadn't noticed it either before the Sicilian mentioned it .smiling smiley

From your comments,dead-flowers,I guess that you LOVED reading Life .....winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: February 15, 2011 13:28

SwayStones
dead.flowers
The Sicilian
dead.flowers

I hadn't noticed it either before the Sicilian mentioned it .smiling smiley

From your comments,dead-flowers,I guess that you LOVED reading Life .....winking smiley

Well, chere Sway, better don't aks me about that book, all down the line it'll finally make me speechless ...

If you would like to see this thread:-

[www.iorr.org]

On page 2 of it HerMajestyBrenda has posted some press reviews worth reading.

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: February 15, 2011 17:46

SwayStones
Bimmelzerbott

I've been told that he began wearing these kinds of "shoes" since he had some problems with his feet when running from one side of the stage to another ?

I was going to say this. High heels help with foot pain caused by Plantar fasciitis. Many active people get that. As soon as I saw Mick's sneakers I was thinking that he probably wears them to get rid of some foot pain.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 16, 2011 02:20

brianwalker
SwayStones
Bimmelzerbott

I was going to say this. High heels help with foot pain caused by Plantar fasciitis. Many active people get that. As soon as I saw Mick's sneakers I was thinking that he probably wears them to get rid of some foot pain.

apparently you didn't see the Grammy Awards. Someone with Plantar fasciitis would not & could not
run around like Mick did. Just deal with the fact that he might want to appear a little taller. No need
to make up unproven excuses.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 16, 2011 02:23

JJackFl

in their dreams.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: February 16, 2011 03:44

sweet neo con
brianwalker
SwayStones
Bimmelzerbott

apparently you didn't see the Grammy Awards. Someone with Plantar fasciitis would not & could not
run around like Mick did. Just deal with the fact that he might want to appear a little taller. No need
to make up unproven excuses.

Wrong. You can run around with Plantar Fascistis. I had surgery on both feet for it years ago. I could still do many things including playing sports but it was painful after a while. Pro athletes have played with it.

That he wears them to appear taller is also unproven. I didn't say I know for a fact that he wears then because of foot pain. i said that it is what crossed my mind when I saw the sneakers, and someone else posted that they read he did it because of foot pain. When I had the problem with the foot pain my doctor told me wearing high heels would lessen the pain, and it did. I wore boots with high heels every chance I could, and it helped.

Could he be wearing them just to look taller, sure no doubt. It would be understandable when you are hanging around a women who is 6 inches taller then you.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 16, 2011 05:05

Who's the stump twerp in the middle?

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: February 16, 2011 08:03

sweet neo con
JJackFl

in their dreams.

God, I'm gonna have to agree 100% with SNC. I would slice off about 2 or 3 inches on both Mick and Keith...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 16, 2011 08:18

Interestingly, most of the stars from England in the 60's are small. And a big reason behind this is the lack of protien in their diets during post WWII food shortages. And that would be "The Blade" in Keif's pants.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 16, 2011 09:53

CrissCrossMind
sweet neo con
JJackFl

in their dreams.

God, I'm gonna have to agree 100% with SNC. I would slice off about 2 or 3 inches on both Mick and Keith...

I met George Harrison once and there's no way on God's green earth he was 5'11", which is what all the bios and fanzines had him listed as.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home