Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Going to Every Stones Concert on a World Tour?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 10, 2011 06:48

If ya' could afford it..Do ya' think ya' would be up to going to every Stones concert (in every country that is)..on one of their World Tours.And which Tour would you have gone on?... My World Tour would of been the "Voodoo Lounge Tour" ..smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 07:46 by colonial.

Re: Going to Every Stones Concert on a World Tour?
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:45

Their 1964-Tour 'Tell Me'...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: rambler66 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:48

Bridges tour for me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:49

DO 'EM ALL....... No use bein' a girly breathe ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: curt ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:15

I would favor the entire NEXT tour if the choice were mine.
Of the previous ones I'd go with B2B.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 15:08 by curt.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:31

If I would do that, I would join Ronnie to rehab for sure....

- Doxa

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:35

Check with bv how that feels. I wouldn't be surprised if he really had attended to all gigs of one of the last tours. Or is there anybody else around here who has?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:59

curt
I would favor the entire NEXT tour if the choice wese mine.
Of the previous ones I'd go with B2B.

curt..yea' me to..Thats one Tour I would love to do the entire Tour..the next one..smoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:52

I think if I suddenly found myself with the means to attend every show on a world tour (without having to work for the band) I would have to decline the opportunity to see the band that many times.

As much as I love the band, seeing (virtually) the same show that many times would get rather tiresome.

I like the idea of being able to "semi-follow" the band around the world, attending some select shows along the way, and seeing more of what the world has to offer.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:56

Licks Tour, because of the Theatre Shows and I liked the plain stage for arena shows with the four screens to one which made it lively

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 10, 2011 13:16

Edith Grove
I think if I suddenly found myself with the means to attend every show on a world tour (without having to work for the band) I would have to decline the opportunity to see the band that many times.

As much as I love the band, seeing (virtually) the same show that many times would get rather tiresome.

I like the idea of being able to "semi-follow" the band around the world, attending some select shows along the way, and seeing more of what the world has to offer.

<<< I like the idea of being able to "semi-follow" the band around the world, attending some select shows along the way, and seeing more of what the world has to offer. >>>

That's pretty much what I did on the ABB tour actually, selected small clusters of shows here and there, and then left gaps between them. Had a lot of fun and enjoyed as great a variety of songs as it was possible to do on that particular tour I guess, gotta say. I'd really liked to have done the same on the Licks tour, but for various reasons didn't - or wasn't able to.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 13:17 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: February 10, 2011 13:18

1973 Wintertour

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 10, 2011 13:29

Voodoo Lounge.......but would keep Synpathy out of the setlist .......or maybe the '75/'76 tour(s)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 13:33 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:28

dead.flowers
Check with bv how that feels. I wouldn't be surprised if he really had attended to all gigs of one of the last tours. Or is there anybody else around here who has?

He didnt, but he does get to a hell of a lot.

There were a Japanese couple called the Ono's (ironic name for a pair of Stones fans!) who I believe went to all 117 shows on the Licks tour. You can see them down near the front at several of the broadcasted performances.

I used to think its something Id like to do if money was no object, but in all honesty going to even a few shows in a row does become a bit of a grind after a while. Especially when you get a bit older! And with a Stones show there's not really that much variety.

Plus, I have too many other interests and commitments in life - no way could I (nor would I want to) put that on hold to do the SAME thing for a year.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:39

Gazza
dead.flowers

He didnt, but he does get to a hell of a lot.

There were a Japanese couple called the Ono's (ironic name for a pair of Stones fans!) who I believe went to all 117 shows on the Licks tour. You can see them down near the front at several of the broadcasted performances.

I used to think its something Id like to do if money was no object, but in all honesty going to even a few shows in a row does become a bit of a grind after a while. Especially when you get a bit older! And with a Stones show there's not really that much variety.

Plus, I have too many other interests and commitments in life - no way could I (nor would I want to) put that on hold to do the SAME thing for a year.

wow, i can imagine the Ono's bank accounts...

Posted by: belld ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:53

My bank account details -
32576542 sort code 44 66 88
If IORRIANS wish to sponsor me I will post a diary twice daily on the next world tour. Think of the oodles of vicarious pleasure to be got!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:54

"wow, i can imagine the Ono's bank accounts..."

and their earing... confused smiley

Posted by: belld ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:59

belld
My bank account details -
32576542 sort code 44 66 88
If IORRIANS wish to sponsor me I will post a diary twice daily on the next world tour. Think of the oodles of vicarious pleasure to be got!
"Modern era" Definately Voodoo Lounge, had to re-mortgage Chateau Bell! Some spine chilling performances even in the largest of venues.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:00

No Security tour. Great setlists, variety, playing with passion.
T@3

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:22

I agree with Gazza and Edith Grove. I used to go to several gigs of my favorite bands, but now it's a little boring seeing the same concert with the same songs. That being said my favorite tours were VL and Licks where I did go several times. The others (since '81) were in limited numbers.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:35

I remember that Flynn (she used to post on here as Rollin' Stoli) went to all 35 shows on the US No Security leg. Travelling by car, as far as I recall.

Thats quite some going because they were still playing successive nights back then and some of those gigs were REALLY off the beaten track (Fargo, for example)

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:39

Yes, I would love it! Licks tour would've been great. I loved the setlists and the variety of venues.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:40

speaking of fargo, did the recording of that one ever surface?

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:53

The 1970 European tour for me.

It was just a handful of shows, so I wouldn't get burned. And on top of that, the band was red hot at that point.

Posted by: TheBoss918 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:38

Licks- the band was smoking and you got three different types of shows with three different setlist structures. Althought No Security was fanrastic as well...

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:57

I SAW 7 consecutive shows on ABB i was bored at the 7th. i had excellent seats and rattlesnake too-- didnt alleviate the setlist boredom.

OLDKR

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 10, 2011 20:03

Gazza,actually the Japanese couple has seen every show since 1989.Last year i talked to a friend of mine,whos knows them too,said that husband has gotten seriously ill,so i donĀ“t know did they saw licks completely.Met and saw many times in 1998 to 2003.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 10, 2011 20:13

StonesTod
There you go...links seem active.......[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 10, 2011 20:38

EddieByword
StonesTod
There you go...links seem active.......[www.iorr.org]

thanks. not listening to or collecting these anymore (gave away a bunch of live stones cds a few years ago)....but was just curious if the missing fargo link had ever surfaced from the frozen tundra....

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: February 10, 2011 21:00

I think clusters of shows and then a break is the way to go and what I have been doing since Steel Wheels. I find it does get a bit boring waiting to hear that one gem that they might sprinkle in or the odd screw up when Keith or Ronnie start playing the wrong song.

In adddition to the Ono's there is the one fellow from the UK who works the shows selling pins and binoculars and such, who I think does every show. I do not think BV does every one but he can tell us himself.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home