Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Anyone really think the "todger comment" ruined the chances for a 2011 tour ?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2011 03:47

StonesTod
skipstone
StonesTod
Hairball
Mick is schmoozing in Hollywood and appearing at the Grammy's...sounds like he's about to revive his solo career to me.

REvive? when was it vived?

When he was being bossed around by a she? No, that was bloody awful. Perhaps it was the "duet" with Whacko? Nah, a bit too 'flavour of the month'. The awful clothes he wore at Live Aid? Miami Vice was still big then.

there's never been any vive in mick's solo career, i think it's safe to say....so until there is there can be no re-vive....or something....

Maybe re-hash would have been a better term for it. Or regurgitate...
No matter how you phrase (or re-phrase) it, it will be re-diculous.

Re: Anyone really think the "todger comment" ruined the chances for a 2011 tour ?
Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: February 10, 2011 04:49

I think this all contrived to keep the Rolling Stone image alive. They are the best at spinning the media with controversey. Last year it was Ronnie and his alcholism and his marriage going down the tubes. He seems to have made a remarkable recovery and it looks like his artwork is doing well and he is looking just fine. He has a hot new girlfriend.
This year is the Keith Richards book year and his remarks about Mick's penis. It will be in the news for months, and we will constantly be reading something or KR will be giving an interview or saying something to hit the headlines for a few days. Mick is keeping very silent and his doing his thing. Charlie is staying busy with jazz in Europe. I belive that this entire media campaign is thought out ahead of time and they all play their roles like good actors.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:16

No. Mick knows he's good in bed. He's like the world's greatest lover working under the guise of a rock star.

Keith's book just showed the world what Mick has had to put up with all these years. Mick has probably written a ton of songs over these last several years, and who knows? He could save the best for his solo album this time. He DID write Brown Sugar. Maybe he's even recording while he's in LA. Or making some connections. Just a thought...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:28

chris girard
I think this all contrived to keep the Rolling Stone image alive. They are the best at spinning the media with controversey. Last year it was Ronnie and his alcholism and his marriage going down the tubes. He seems to have made a remarkable recovery and it looks like his artwork is doing well and he is looking just fine. He has a hot new girlfriend.
This year is the Keith Richards book year and his remarks about Mick's penis. It will be in the news for months, and we will constantly be reading something or KR will be giving an interview or saying something to hit the headlines for a few days. Mick is keeping very silent and his doing his thing. Charlie is staying busy with jazz in Europe. I belive that this entire media campaign is thought out ahead of time and they all play their roles like good actors.

I disagree with all this. How the hell is Mick supposed to get up on stage with people shouting taunts about the size of his dick?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:30

No, I don't think so.

Not after all these two have been through.
I thought Keith was quite complimentary in the interviews, on the whole.

If Mick read the book beforehand (pre-read, Doxa, same deal), he
knew everything, and if he was going to be upset, most likely
would have shown it then. He knew the book would be
a best seller, and that Keith would have a book tour.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:37

i think it's business..they somehow always overcome their differences/bitterness towards each other to do more business...I find it difficult to believe they can't get over this last episode even if I think it was really avoidable...did Keith really have to go there?...besides it backfired...Keith's been diminished by the comment not Mick

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: February 10, 2011 06:00

ManuelStones
The Sicilian
Does that mean we will see the return of the inflatable pud?

No matter what I've been through in some really bad days, someone somehow in this board makes me laugh

Me too, Manuel grinning smiley

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 10, 2011 06:47

Time heals all wounds, or wounds all todgers...or something.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:05

Elton John doesn't help matters in his new ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE cover-story interview. He's defending Mick on the subject, but by defending him he's only making more people aware of what Keith said in his book. "If I said that Bernie Taupin had a small penis, he'd probably never talk to me again."

Posted by: dalmolin ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:22

Don't you think it is like a teasing period before smething clear will be said
officialy

The boys seem to be clever enough to create some extra interest before a tour

So i hope so and i wish to enjoy some gigs more

Kind regards to all iorrians

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:50

No way!

The Twins have had this fight before.

The tabloids are just looking for stories to print and they have printed this one at least twice only changing the year. Last fall they said that is what stopped last year. All they did was change one word, 2010 to 2011 and voila! brand new rumor. winking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 10, 2011 13:08

Good thinking AngieBlue

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:55

Maybe Keith's looking for new ways to embarrass himself, that takes time.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: February 10, 2011 16:06

maybe it´s Keith´s way of making an end, or of telling Mick that he does not want anymore. If it is the end, he can blame it all on Mick.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 10, 2011 16:16

Bliss

I disagree with all this. How the hell is Mick supposed to get up on stage with people shouting taunts about the size of his dick?

OMG! I think you are making way to much out of this. Who the hell is going to yell taunts?

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 10, 2011 16:21

elunsi
maybe it´s Keith´s way of making an end, or of telling Mick that he does not want anymore. If it is the end, he can blame it all on Mick.

It's hard for me to imagine Keith not wanting anymore, but I suppose it would be his style to end it in an unkindly way.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 10, 2011 16:33

TrulyMicks
Bliss

OMG! I think you are making way to much out of this. Who the hell is going to yell taunts?

Elton John, George Michael....

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 10, 2011 16:40

From what I've read, Jagger only wanted a comment about him using a singing coach out of the book. If the todger comment bothered him then he would have asked to let it out of the book hence, no problem so no reason to cancel a possible tour.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 10, 2011 16:48

I don't really think it's as simple as this, but as to who would yell taunts when Mick's on stage is like saying who would shout out requests for "Josephine" when Ronnie's on stage. It happened to Ronnie and could easily happen to Mick. Also Letterman et al will have a field day with it. Wouldn't be surprised if there are jokes after the Grammys.

The Stones have become fodder for cheap shots because of their age, this just adds another dimension for potshots. To Keith the crack was probably just a variation on "Dogshit in the Doorway" or jibes at knighthood being a paltry honor, but he's missed the point that it's more personal this time and Mick is too easy a target as a public figure.

I'm not saying it killed the tour, but I do think it was unwise and I doubt it just rolled off Mick's back. While I believe Jane Rose did a tremendous amount of good for Keith, having an executive Mick fired manage him could not possibly have helped relations between them and may not be the best at reining him in when he feels like shooting off his mouth.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:09

Marianne Faithfull joins Jagger penis debate

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:11

this is all very stupid.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:38

pgarof

[www.independent.co.uk]

"Not quite, but very nearly"

What the heck does that mean ? confused smiley

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:44

Edith Grove
pgarof

[www.independent.co.uk]

"Not quite, but very nearly"

What the heck does that mean ? confused smiley

I'd say that's the polite way of saying she's seen bigger and/or smaller than average.

Either way - it's all a load of horse hockey. They'll tour next year for the 50th Anniversary as long as everyone is healthy enough to do so. The Twins don't need to speak to each other to play and sing.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:46

pgarof

[www.independent.co.uk]

With all fairness, I think Marianne's comment is taken out of context - not originally here but from the article this article is constructed from. I think Marianne actually answers to the question if Keith's recollections over-all of her and of the scenes she was involved are accurate or not).

Anyway, thanks a @#$%&' lot, Keef! Happy now?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 17:47 by Doxa.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:04

ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.
I agree. We should have a moratorium on tour threads and todger threads....Oh wait,then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.confused smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:10

chris girard

Strange isn't it that Ronnie's problems suddenly vanished from the news and have been replaced by Keith's *issues*? Damn good soap opera isn't it!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:13

In this case I believe it's ok for Marianne to give an evasive answer. Though it perpetuates the issue it's nobodys business of Micks penis size. This story/saga created a lot of hoopla. Which might of been pre-planned. Who knows, but ok if it starts the tour machine.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:13

Bliss
chris girard

I guess we are going to find out this coming Sunday night at the Grammys!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:17

sweetcharmedlife
ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.
I agree. We should have a moratorium on tour threads and todger threads....Oh wait,then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.confused smiley

You don't think a guy named Keith Richards is not at all responsible to the bloody fact that Mick Jagger has a small penis being about the only thing that seems to interest the media as far as The Rolling Stones is concerned? I don't think it's our stupidity here at IORR that is the problem here. We just try to reflect what is going on. We are the last ones in a food chain, so to say.

- Doxa

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:19

[www.independent.co.uk]
Marianne Faithfull says rumours of Sir Mick Jagger having a small penis are "nearly" true.
The Rolling Stones frontman has been plagued by claims he has a less than impressive manhood - with bandmate Keith Richards recently saying his ex-girlfriend Marianne had "no fun with his tiny todger" - and now the 64-year-old actress has voiced her opinion on the matter.
When asked if Keith's comments were accurate, Marianne - who dated the singer from 1966 to 1970 - said: "Not quite, but nearly."
Yesterday it was claimed the band's latest tour was in jeopardy as Mick is still angry with Keith' comments in his autobiography 'Life' and a subsequent interview.
A source said: "Mick read Keith's book before publication and didn't have any great problem with it.
"It was the fact that it was all dredged up in the interview afterwards that really upset him. Many believe this is the real reason why talks in relation to the tour have broken down."
Although Marianne seemed reasonably satisfied with Mick as a lover, one issue she isn't happy with is the credit she has been given in helping make the band a success.
She believes she deserves more recognition and money for her inspirational input and claims 'Satisfaction' singer Mick has a problem with sharing.
When asked if the 67-year-old rocker was selfish by Classic Rock magazine, Marianne said: "No comment. But it would be unrealistic to expect him to share. He isn't like that."

More about this here [www.iorr.org]

Come on, this topic has been discussed in British press for 4 months already. No matter how much Mick's skin is thick, it's hard not to pay attention to it. I don't know what the reasons for Stones not touring in 2011 but I feel very uncomfortable with this situation. I mean there is no much choices for Mick - it doesn't matter what he'd do, he would look ridiculious anyway.
What a beautiful revenge on Keith's part!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1443
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home