Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Fighting back against Ticketmaster
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 13, 2013 13:14

I had a serious issue with Ticketmaster recently. Got angry enough to turn it over to the local TV news investigative team. Here's the link:
[www.king5.com]

Hopefully this will heighten awareness & help some other folks in the future.

Re: OT: Fighting back against Ticketmaster
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 13, 2013 16:37

Well done man, and thanks. Good luck

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 13, 2013 16:44

Great, Chuck! I'm glad it turned out good in the end thumbs up

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 13, 2013 16:45

TM IS the evil empire.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 13, 2013 16:49

thumbs up Well done...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 13, 2013 16:58

As we say in the UK the way you were treated was not on.Well done for reporting this masters of greed.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 13, 2013 17:08

good for you ... well done

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 13, 2013 17:46

Go get em Chuck! I wish you the best.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 13, 2013 18:48

It's a pity they can't just make it illegal for tickets to be sold by anybody other than the promotor of the event... and on anything other than a four tickets max, first come, first served basis.

Wouldn't really matter then if a few private individuals sold their tickets on or who got their hands on them.

Date: August 14, 2013 04:48

Thanks to all for your support! I wasn't looking to get anything out of this for myself. My aim was to shed some light on an issue by a company that seems to trample over everything. Got quite a bit of play in Seattle. As of I've learned from working for a certain aerospace corporation, documentation is everything! Again, thanks to all!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2013 18:58

Wow. How awful. It's truly amazing how people lose whatever amount of care they have when they are a business or government ie responsibility for their actions as well as inaction. BP, what Nigeria deals with from oil leaks - which has been going on for years - and the Japanese government ignoring the nuclear reactor leaking radioactive water in massive amounts everyday into the Pacific Ocean that is doing incredible damage are three fantastic examples.

But areas for disabled people to view games and concerts and whatever seems like a rather simple thing to deal with. Yet they treat it as a nuisance. It's just another from of discrimination from another big company.

Was there a "convenience fee" as well? They should have paid you for the inconvenience.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: August 15, 2013 02:06

Good on you, crholmstrom. This dismissive form of corporate 'pr' aggravates me greatly. You have the support of many of us here.

Declan

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: August 15, 2013 10:59

Gotta speak up always against these giants. I did against a major international conglomerate & they bought my house for me. Wasn't that nice? winking smiley

Date: August 15, 2013 12:56

GasLightStreet
Wow. How awful. It's truly amazing how people lose whatever amount of care they have when they are a business or government ie responsibility for their actions as well as inaction. BP, what Nigeria deals with from oil leaks - which has been going on for years - and the Japanese government ignoring the nuclear reactor leaking radioactive water in massive amounts everyday into the Pacific Ocean that is doing incredible damage are three fantastic examples.

But areas for disabled people to view games and concerts and whatever seems like a rather simple thing to deal with. Yet they treat it as a nuisance. It's just another from of discrimination from another big company.

Was there a "convenience fee" as well? They should have paid you for the inconvenience.

They charged roughly $20 "service" fee on a $100 ticket. The thing that pushed me over the edge, after my experience, was a news item that they are trying to muscle in on the after market ticket sales. So they will become essentially scalpers of their own product. I imagine if it goes through there will be very few face value tickets available to the public. & the artists (or teams) won't be seeing that extra revenue. Who is going to police that? Themselves? If it weren't so sad would be funny in a really warped sort of way. I'm becoming more of an activist for rights of folks with disabilities anyway. I really wish that I didn't have to pursue special seats, parking etc. but it is a fact that I've learned to live with. I'd give anything to be healthy again but its beyond my control. I'm fighting the disease with all means available. I don't remember the last time I felt well & was pain free. I've been dragged kicking & screaming into making any sort of concessions for myself because of my condition. In my mind its like admitting defeat (this applies to myself & the way I've lived my life, no reflection on other people). Like I said earlier, I wasn't looking for anything for myself when I contacted the TV station. I just wanted to let other folks who have had similiar treatment know they had options. Last note, the Bill Gates Foundation has said that they are targeting rheumatoid arthritis to try & eradicate it. I hope they do ( & its in time for me). It's an insidous condition & seems to be affecting more people all the time. & the options for treatment are no picnic. I've told my doc that if there's an opportunity I'd be willing to participate in any research, etc. in the hopes of maybe helping future generations like my goddaughter's age (21). Again thank you for all the support! It's inspiring. Apologies for the semi-rant. Feel strongly about the subject.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 15, 2013 18:48

Ticketbastard has already been scalping its own products for quite a long time on GetMeIn.

But that aside - bravo, crholmstrom, for your attitude towards the likes of Ticketmaster and towards your medical condition.

OT: Fighting Ticketmaster follow up
Date: August 24, 2013 10:49

A few weeks ago I posted about an issue I had with Ticketmaster. They had refused to sell me a disabled access ticket to a football game. A local TV station did a report on it. People on IORR were very supportive of mesmiling smiley & much appreciated! I am happy to report that I got some results. The report reached the very top of Ticketmaster. Yesterday I received an email directly from Michael Rapino CEO/President of Live Nation/Ticketmaster. He apologized for Ticketmaster's actions & pledged to work with his team to ensure that the problem never happens again for anyone. It's not every day that you get a direct response from the CEO of a major corporation & I am gratified that the issue got his attention & he is taking action. I never asked for anything from them but was trying to shed some light on a serious issue. They have offered me an excellent ticket to another game & I have accepted since they addressed the original problem. I guess the message is stand up for your rights. This wasn't a cure for cancer but hopefully will make some peoples lives just a little bit better! Thanks to all!smileys with beer

Re: OT: Fighting Ticketmaster follow up
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 24, 2013 10:55

Good news

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:04

Good for you!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: August 24, 2013 12:52

Hello,

Well played CR, and begrudgingly TM as well. Good on you for not giving up!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: August 24, 2013 14:26

Fantastic story. Inspiring too because it proves being a stand up guy doesn't have anything to do with your physical condition. Good luck to you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home