Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: Jagger at Grammy awards
Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 15, 2011 01:17

Lady Gaga has to rely on an egg, but Mick can still levitate.

Get in there badboy

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: February 15, 2011 01:20

Mick with the cape reminded me of James Brown in the old days.

I thought Mick gave a great performance, but let's keep in mind ONE number doesn't a tour make.

I got the feeling Mick enjoyed the opportunity to perform solo.

I saw a comment here stating it looked like Mick had some cosmetic surgery, to me it appeared as if Mick had some botox injections.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 15, 2011 01:23

proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
paulywaul
MKjan
MKjan
Green Lady
jamesfdouglas
CrissCrossMind
Beast
paulywaul
The performance is pure Jagger, he's pretty much doing what he's always done. I thought it was great, it was him being the Mick Jagger the world has always known, and doing what Mick Jagger does best. I imagine the good reverend would be looking down fondly and nodding his head with 100 percent approval. Ten out of ten Sir Mick.

+1 thumbs up

I Agree Beast +1 from you, +1 from Paul, +1 from me...., so so far we have +5 !!! (so let's round up even more !!! ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT !!) ") (the Math Genius)
+1

+1

+ another one - looking good (although if he gets any thinner he's going to disappear...) and sounding good.

+1

Holy s**t ... never had so many people actually agree with something I've said ... cool smiley ... a barrage of abuse is more commonly the reaction of most folks winking smiley
Well F U then. No,I'm just kidding pauly. Add me as another +1.

and me +1
+2

Date: February 15, 2011 01:24

paulywaul
MKjan
MKjan
Green Lady
jamesfdouglas
CrissCrossMind
Beast
paulywaul
The performance is pure Jagger, he's pretty much doing what he's always done. I thought it was great, it was him being the Mick Jagger the world has always known, and doing what Mick Jagger does best. I imagine the good reverend would be looking down fondly and nodding his head with 100 percent approval. Ten out of ten Sir Mick.

+1 thumbs up

I Agree Beast +1 from you, +1 from Paul, +1 from me...., so so far we have +5 !!! (so let's round up even more !!! ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT !!) ") (the Math Genius)
+1

+1

+ another one - looking good (although if he gets any thinner he's going to disappear...) and sounding good.

+1

Holy s**t ... never had so many people actually agree with something I've said ... cool smiley ... a barrage of abuse is more commonly the reaction of most folks winking smiley

Look at me Paulywaul this is the midnight ramblah speakin!!!!!

Date: February 15, 2011 01:27

Sam Spade

I thought Mick gave a great performance, but let's keep in mind ONE number doesn't a tour make.

I saw a comment here stating it looked like Mick had some cosmetic surgery, to me it appeared as if Mick had some botox injections.

He's tellin me more and more
about some useless information
tryin to fire my imagination

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2011 01:28

Stoneage
16 380 views in less than twelve days! Jagger's performance sends echos through this board!
Also a new record for users and guests.
Record Number of Users: 60 on February 14, 2011 22:13
Record Number of Guests: 213 on February 14, 2011 21:23

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 15, 2011 01:44

I'm glad if he did have a bit of Botox because I see nothing wrong with an occasional touch up. IF he DID, it was well done because it was very subtle. But really, the focus should be on his incredibly energetic performance, great sounding vocals and absolute JOY that showed on his face! THE MICKSTER IS BACK!! So, why exactly would a solo tour be a bad thing IF The rest of the band can't rise to the occasion?

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 15, 2011 01:52

Finally watched it and although there really isn't much to the song, I really loved how Mick turned the formal auditorium (even with Enimen, Gaga - the Grammys always seem like an academic exersize) into a @#$%& arena. This man knows no small stages....he's larger than life. And we all know that seeing Mick on a video doesn't come close to the energy and massive charisma he gives off live. These people, many maybe too young to have seen the Stones live, got a glimpse of a real Rock Star. Dylan, as legendary and iconic as he is, doesn't have that same cockiness and ease. And thinking back to Jagger's solo gigs on Sat Night Live in the early 90s...this was a much looser, less forced Mick. He looks rejunated in a way he has not looked in the last 20 years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-15 01:55 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 15, 2011 02:21

Really try to get the HD video on dime. It's night and day with ones available from youtube.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 15, 2011 02:45

So it's gone from Mick was in top form to Mick is the man and Well the song isn't really all that to Mick had botox done?

Who came up with THAT!? That's such bullshit! He still colours his hair obviously but I didn't notice anything blown out like some dunt on Jersey Shore or whatever that show is called.

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: February 15, 2011 02:51

and me +1

Date: February 15, 2011 02:53

skipstone
So it's gone from Mick was in top form to Mick is the man and Well the song isn't really all that to Mick had botox done?

Who came up with THAT!? That's such bullshit! He still colours his hair obviously but I didn't notice anything blown out like some dunt on Jersey Shore or whatever that show is called.
Go back to sleep, boy. You still haven't learned to keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything to say. You sound like a punk. WATCH ME LEVITATE OVER YOU BUOY WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: February 15, 2011 02:58

Mick is the maestro, no doubt!

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: February 15, 2011 04:02

You folks need to read what I wrote, I was merely saying someone made a comment that it appeared Mick had cosmetic surgery. I could care less if he did or didn't

\
skipstone

Sam Spade

I saw a comment here stating it looked like Mick had some cosmetic surgery,
The Sicilian
It looks like Mick had plastic surgery recently. His eyes look different and his face is very smooth. No its not makeup either. Hair color and texture are different as well.

to me it appeared as if Mick had some botox injections.

Date: February 15, 2011 04:45

What page was "to me it appeared as if Mick had some botox injections." on that you said? 13 pages and blah blah blah...I saw it somewhere I dunno where.

I don't see a smooth face - he looks like he has for the past 10 years or so.

Damn Brue, you need to get out more, boi. I sound like a punk? HA! - obviously you are very familiar with that. Alas, again you missed it. Stop throwin' dem chicken bones out yer window and go pick up the garbage that's blowing around in yer front yard BOY.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: February 15, 2011 04:52

I really like some of your replies skipstone. We should grab a beer sometime.

And for the record, to stay on topic, I had so-so expectations for Jagger - and I was kind of blown away. The man effin' BROUGHT IT.

Date: February 15, 2011 05:00

Botox or not, it made me smile! As goofy as he's been sometimes (Live Aid) I've always loved seeing him do his thang. The youngsters probably had no idea what the cape was about.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 15, 2011 05:31

does anyone think keith would have electrified and amazed that audience last nite the way mick did not a chance, babs and dylan who are superstars in their own right were in fact not even on the same planet as mick last nite

Date: February 15, 2011 05:37

Mick Jagger was the 3 million watt light bulb that shone on an incredibly drab dark and boring show full of moaners and yawners...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 15, 2011 05:39

bingo

Posted by: Bomber ()
Date: February 15, 2011 05:40

melillo
does anyone think keith would have electrified and amazed that audience last nite the way mick did not a chance, babs and dylan who are superstars in their own right were in fact not even on the same planet as mick last nite

+1

Posted by: Bomber ()
Date: February 15, 2011 05:41

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-15 05:45 by Bomber.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 15, 2011 05:49

melillo

I think Keith has a genuine following, he sort of a hollywood cult hero and most certainly in the music business. All he has to do is just show up. He makes people laugh and has some quite intelligent one liners.

Mick has to perform to satisfy his following. He has a more prissy reputation that needs to be stroked. If he doesn't prance and dance people are disappointed.

Streisand is a totally different genre. That is her style. And she is much loved for it. An unfair comparision of the two.

Dylan is an after thought. His day has come and gone. Nobody listens to his message anymore. I don't mean his earlier writings I mean anything recent. People want to be entertained not solicited.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2011 06:51

melillo
Exactly. If anybody thinks an individual or a group effort by the Stones will get much better than that these days are sadly mistaken. I say that as someone who really enjoyed Mick's performance. It's not a matter of settling. As I watched that performance live the first time. I genuinely enjoyed it. Without being influenced by something I read or heard. As I watched the link on the internet I was siting here really grooving and enjoying the performance. It's been a long time since the Stones have done that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-15 17:10 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 15, 2011 09:29

didn't watch the grammys, and I was very skeptical of this performance, but I have to say... Pretty Good. There were enough moments in it where it wasn't tightly choreographed. It just seemed like he was having a good time and enjoying what he was doing. that's what Makes mick the performer he is.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 15, 2011 10:04

Mick Jagger knows exactly how to please the audience by having fun. I remember Fankfurt 07 when Keith was absolutely nothing and did loose all tunes during Sympathy and Ronnie wouldn't fine the tune either Mick just saved the song in a way to the end which was marvellous.
Perhaps he didn't change his dance style, does he haveto?
Perhaps no truly he became older, like we all did?
Perhaps he just doesn't want to go on Tour with collaegues not being sure how the night will turn out, isn't he a perfectionist otherwise stadiums wouldn't work?
Perhaps the time is right, that the remainders of the Stones just do what they wanna do, having fun out there and if the occassion will be there and the time is right and the spirits are high they even should play together.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 15, 2011 10:49

Grison
Mick Jagger knows exactly how to please the audience by having fun. I remember Fankfurt 07 when Keith was absolutely nothing and did loose all tunes during Sympathy and Ronnie wouldn't fine the tune either Mick just saved the song in a way to the end which was marvellous.
Perhaps he didn't change his dance style, does he haveto?
Perhaps no truly he became older, like we all did?
Perhaps he just doesn't want to go on Tour with collaegues not being sure how the night will turn out, isn't he a perfectionist otherwise stadiums wouldn't work?
Perhaps the time is right, that the remainders of the Stones just do what they wanna do, having fun out there and if the occassion will be there and the time is right and the spirits are high they even should play together.

you, my friend have just pointed out the elephant in the room.

it just may be time to say goodbye. just looking at it in practical terms,if a business relationship degenerates so badly that one of the guys is saying in public that the other guy has a small dick its pretty much over anyway.

the dirty truth is the stones had a great run but lately the albums have been 2nd rate if we get one at all and as of 07 even the live show has fallen off.

if you forget the image and the legacy and just focus on music alone the questions begin-

would charlie be happy just being semi-retired and playing jazz?

could mick find 2 guitar players better than keith and ron? sadly, i think the answers are obvious.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: February 15, 2011 11:40

CrissCrossMind
Beast
paulywaul

+1 thumbs up

-5, does that bring us back to even? I saw about thirty seconds of it, which was enough. It was exactly what I thought it would be. Mick's tired histrionics thrown on top of a dull, slick, American Idol-type production.

How can you people buy into him still. I just don't get it.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 15, 2011 13:08

bustedtrousers
CrissCrossMind
Beast
paulywaul

+1 thumbs up

-5, does that bring us back to even? I saw about thirty seconds of it, which was enough. It was exactly what I thought it would be. Mick's tired histrionics thrown on top of a dull, slick, American Idol-type production.

How can you people buy into him still. I just don't get it.

How can you people buy into him still. I just don't get it

Because he still delivers. Don't worry about not getting it, just leave it to those of us that do. It would seem there's still a few of us lurking here n' thar !!

Loadsa thangs I 'don't get' ... jazz, jazz fusion, rap, the Sex Pistols, how the f**k Queen Elton and Lady Furnish have ended up with a baby ... ?? Each to theirs I guess ??

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-15 13:11 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 15, 2011 15:27

botox and a wig - Mick looked great !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home