Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Now this would be a great opening song for the next tour
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 02:05

Short, fast, cool

Re: Now this would be a great opening song for the next tour
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 24, 2011 02:13

While they will never admit to a farewell tour....may be the last time, I don't know...

="

?f

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 24, 2011 02:26

Yes and end with this one................

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: January 24, 2011 02:34

Would love to hear them do either song. Mick's version of Mother at Webster Hall is good but I think the Stones could do better.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:39

NICOS
Yes and end with this one................

A tremendous rendition indeed! Love the DEAD!

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:08

Would be cool, but if there is a next tour, I'm sure the band will surprise us instead with something clever like "Start Me Up."

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:32

who knows it may have already been the last time

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:43

It shouldn't be a rocker. It should be something different. Like Time Is On My Side or maybe just Mick and Keith doing some slow song on stools. Or go in the direction they did with the VL tour.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:45

You Got Me Rockin

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:50

Carol

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: January 24, 2011 07:22

Great idea! That would knock the hard-core fans for a loop and it would be a treat for the 'tourists'...who would probably think it is a great punky new song...and if they do the song anything close to the raw and fiery version on the video it would also light the place on fire!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 24, 2011 16:51

JumpingKentFlash
It shouldn't be a rocker. It should be something different. Like Time Is On My Side or maybe just Mick and Keith doing some slow song on stools. Or go in the direction they did with the VL tour.

That would be a show killer. The opening song is the highest energy moment of a show. You can't kill that moment with a slow, sit down chick moment.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 24, 2011 16:53

I Agree!!! That has my pick for years!! Nice pick Tomcat!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 24, 2011 17:02

If you can't rock me gets my vote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-24 17:04 by marcovandereijk.

Date: January 24, 2011 17:10

The Sicilian
JumpingKentFlash

That would be a show killer. The opening song is the highest energy moment of a show. You can't kill that moment with a slow, sit down chick moment.

I agree. The lights go down, adrenalin starts pumping and they come out with a slow tune or ballad? These are the Stones tour not Seals and Crofts.

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: January 24, 2011 17:17

Yes! Have You Seen Your Mother/We Love You would be a perfect opening/closing combination.

If there are any Stones lawyers reading this, could you pass that along?

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 24, 2011 17:38

You've got to tell me you're coming back to me. This board has that name for a reason.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 24, 2011 18:08

I think "She Said Yeah" from "Out Of Our Heads", in the same up-tempo as the original does.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 24, 2011 18:43

RobertJohnson
I think "She Said Yeah" from "Out Of Our Heads", in the same up-tempo as the original does.

That would be a mistake too. The opening song has to be full of energy and something that everyone will recognize. It has to be a sing a long type of song for the audience to release that energy.

Obscure and B-sides belong inside the setlist. That is why I despised the inclusion of "Let It Rock" as a 1978 opener. While hard core fans and completists probably loved it, newer fans and casual fans never heard of it and could not sing along and participate in the opening volley. I think they realized that and never used that type of opener again.

Date: January 24, 2011 18:57

The Sicilian
RobertJohnson

That would be a mistake too. The opening song has to be full of energy and something that everyone will recognize. It has to be a sing a long type of song for the audience to release that energy.

Obscure and B-sides belong inside the setlist. That is why I despised the inclusion of "Let It Rock" as a 1978 opener. While hard core fans and completists probably loved it, newer fans and casual fans never heard of it and could not sing along and participate in the opening volley. I think they realized that and never used that type of opener again.

Good post! Remember also that The Stones don't bring on the horn section until a few tunes in. I thought Tumblin' Dice might be a good opener but not wthout the horns.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 24, 2011 22:08

The Sicilian
RobertJohnson

Agree with you, therefore they (as done) should start with Satisfaction, Start me Up and the like to create an up-mood. And: Then we'll know they won't be in the warhorses section...

Posted by: rod ()
Date: January 24, 2011 22:38

ONE HIT (TO THE BODY)

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 24, 2011 22:39

Sympathy ...and then explore the back catalogue......Or.....Little red rooster.......or... One hit (To the body)....great intro on that and nice and meaty.....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 24, 2011 23:30

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: January 25, 2011 23:52

~They will start with Sympathy - you`ll see...

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 26, 2011 09:08

thy should do let it be and leave after the first one. this idea is as possible as a nother tour. good morning europe

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 26, 2011 15:17

The Sicilian
RobertJohnson

"The opening song has to be full of energy". Is there any song which has more energy than this up-tempo tune from OOOH? I don't think that they must begin with a sing-a-long song. "Not Fade Away" in 94/95 wasn't nor "Let It Rock" in 78. "She Said Yeah" is an all-time hard and fast Rock'n Roll tune, which would demonstrate that there is no bunch of old men on the stage, but a most powerful band.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 26, 2011 15:28

RobertJohnson
The Sicilian
RobertJohnson

"The opening song has to be full of energy". Is there any song which has more energy than this up-tempo tune from OOOH? I don't think that they must begin with a sing-a-long song. "Not Fade Away" in 94/95 wasn't nor "Let It Rock" in 78. "She Said Yeah" is an all-time hard and fast Rock'n Roll tune, which would demonstrate that there is no bunch of old men on the stage, but a most powerful band.

imo not fade away was just a little bit more than an intro. the first song wich kicked the show off was usually tumbling dice

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home