Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Australian Stones vinyl collecting
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: November 27, 2010 08:59

Is there anyone here who has made their collection theme "Australian first issue Stones vinyl"

Re: Australian Stones vinyl collecting
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 27, 2010 11:05

I got this one; first Australian pressing of 12x5 with the rare demo sleeve temporarily produced for the Sweden market.

Date: November 28, 2010 03:19

Yep, thats a fantastic find steffiestones, I saw you got that on Stonesvikings, I am envious. Do you have much knowledge of Stones Decca from Australia. Most everywhere its UK or US London. I am haveing little success in getting some answers about our labels and pressings. I have been collecting Stones since the beginning. Ive got everything but need info etc on variations. Cheers.

Date: November 28, 2010 03:21

Well, not everything, I dont have what you have (12X5) that you show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-28 03:22 by whiskey.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 3, 2011 21:50

Isn't there more to it? Singles, EPs ? Odd albums..I remember Australia had a rare 3 LP-Dylan box with acoustic George Jackson on...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 3, 2011 21:57

I find it slightly bizzare that Under The Boardwalk was a No.1 on the Australian Singles Chart. Was it released as a single in any other country?

Date: January 3, 2011 22:00

It was a hit in Sweden too, but not with Stones...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 3, 2011 22:09

Come On
It was a hit in Sweden too, but not with Stones...

I presume that'd be the Drifters?

It would be intersting to see a list of different Rolling Stones song to be released as a single.

Date: January 3, 2011 23:31

Yardlies as I remember. Swedish band...cool smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 26, 2011 11:51

Come On
Isn't there more to it? Singles, EPs ? Odd albums..I remember Australia had a rare 3 LP-Dylan box with acoustic George Jackson on...

Yep the Dylan LP set Come On is thinking of here is "Masterpieces", a great comp including some very rare recordings (live version of Just Like Tom Thumbs Blues from 1966, Mixed Up Confusion, George Jackson etc.).... The best vinyl LP exclusive to Australia must surely be "El Dorado" by Neil Young. CD copies were pressed for Japan only, and LP copies were pressed for Australia only. And it is one of his best recordings ever! So passionate and immense sounding. Especially the track "Cocaine Eyes".

Date: January 26, 2011 11:57

El Dorado including music from the year of..? smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 26, 2011 12:10

El Dorado was a stand-alone recording Neil Young made just before the Freedom LP. It was his big return to form at the end of the 1980s. Feedback was back! It is a big nasty rock'n'roll recording, very similar to Crazy Horse except as a power trio. They subsequently placed some of the songs on the Freedom LP, but in an edited form, including removing some great guitar solos. And to this day EL Dorado is the only recording on which you can hear Cocaine Eyes, one of his best songs of the last 30 years.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 26, 2011 12:28

Jagger 1987 Tour 7" & 12" ..........

ROCKMAN

Date: January 26, 2011 14:01

bolexman
El Dorado was a stand-alone recording Neil Young made just before the Freedom LP. It was his big return to form at the end of the 1980s. Feedback was back! It is a big nasty rock'n'roll recording, very similar to Crazy Horse except as a power trio. They subsequently placed some of the songs on the Freedom LP, but in an edited form, including removing some great guitar solos. And to this day EL Dorado is the only recording on which you can hear Cocaine Eyes, one of his best songs of the last 30 years.

Intressting, and it's on vinyl as a 12' EP I read...got to have it...smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home