Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Bianca - No Sympathy For The Obama
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:00

bolexman
ROPENI
Good thread HB,Bianca needs to come down to reality,there are people out there that hate us and will not stop at anything to achieve their goals.

You gather evidence, and then you try them in a court of law. Enough assumptions please... If every inmate at Gitmo really does "hate us" and "will not stop at anything" then it should be very easy to gather evidence on laws they have broken, and prosecute them. That is how civilised society works, right?

bolexman, l respect your opinion,but is just that, your opinion,since we are guests of bv and he doesn't want political arguments in the board,l will refrain from getting into a political discussion with you,if you so desire my email is public and in private l could give you my take on this matter.smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:01

Edith Grove
R
Obama had one-party rule for two years. He could have done anything he wished.

Checks and balances exist even when a single party dominates all three houses of lawmaking.

that is true.

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:02

Hi Edith Grove, here's a link at the Red Cross website about the Geneva convention-

[www.redcross.lv]

Date: January 11, 2011 22:05

ROPENI
bolexman
ROPENI
Good thread HB,Bianca needs to come down to reality,there are people out there that hate us and will not stop at anything to achieve their goals.

You gather evidence, and then you try them in a court of law. Enough assumptions please... If every inmate at Gitmo really does "hate us" and "will not stop at anything" then it should be very easy to gather evidence on laws they have broken, and prosecute them. That is how civilised society works, right?

bolexman, l respect your opinion,but is just that, your opinion,since we are guests of bv and he doesn't want political arguments in the board,l will refrain from getting into a political discussion with you,if you so desire my email is public and in private l could give you my take on this matter.smileys with beer

Understood. Cheers! I respect your opinion too.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:06

hbwriter
sweetcharmedlife
Boy this is fun huh? I just don't get it. Good people like Honestman and Swiss get banned for stupid reasons. Yet political threads can be started at will.confused smiley

I actually hoped this would evolve into a thread about Bianca's role in the political world, her history of opinion, her willingness to go out on a limb, etc.

And as much as I miss HM and Swiss, and wish they were still here, I don't think they were banned for starting a thread, right? Wasn't it something they posted?

Reasonable people can disagree - but if creating a thread that is merely a link to an editorial written by *Bianca Jagger* can get one banned on a stones site - I mean, come on --

where people run with it is another story

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:13

sweetcharmedlife
Do we want to wait until they fly another plane into a building and kill a few thousand more people before we decide if they're terrorists or not?

+ 1

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:15

Thousands of American special forces members have endured water boarding as a standard part of their SERE training for years, and why didn't anyone run to their defense all those years?

Date: January 11, 2011 22:18

kleermaker
And which country still supports those terrorists until now and is closest friends with America for oil and money reasons? That's the way it is, guys. They fool you, and it's an easy job as well.

Good point,kleermaker .

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:18

These are freakin WAR CRIMINALS

Date: January 11, 2011 22:19

Title5Take1
Thousands of American special forces members have endured water boarding as a standard part of their SERE training for years, and why didn't anyone run to their defense all those years?

There is a massive fundamental difference between making it part of your own training, and inflicting it upon a captive. Can you see that difference?

Posted by: kleermaker ()

SwayStones
sweetcharmedlife
Do we want to wait until they fly another plane into a building and kill a few thousand more people before we decide if they're terrorists or not?

+ 1

Don't give them flying lessons and no planes. And as everyone is a possible terrorist they should lock up everyone and at last themselves. Nice world for animalsgrinning smiley.

Posted by: hbwriter ()

I hate sourcing Wikipedia, however, for this sort of documentation it seems okay - straight, recited, matter of record facts -

Who else but Bianca can claim these accolades:

For her international work on behalf of humanitarian causes, Jagger has earned numerous awards, including:
1983 Honorary Doctorate of Humanities degree from Stonehill College in Massachusetts[24]
1994 United Nations Earth Day award[25][26]
1996 Hispanic Federation of New York City’s Humanitarian Award
1996 Woman of the Year Title from the Boys Town of Italy[25][27]
1996 Abolitionist of the Year Award from the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty[28]
1997 Green Globe award from the Rainforest Alliance[29]
1997 Amnesty International USA Media Spotlight Award for Leadership[28]
1997 Inducted to the Hall of Fame in Miami Children’s Hospital Foundation[30]
1998 American Civil Liberties Union Award[31]
2000 Champion of Justice Award[32]
2003 International Award from[33]
2004 World Achievement Award from Mikhail Gorbachev[34]
2004 Right Livelihood Award[35]
2006 World Citizenship Award from The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation[36]
2006 Office of the Americas Peace and Justice Award[37]
2008 Honorary Doctorate of Human Rights degree from Simmons College in Massachusetts[37][38]

But then also, these motley credits-- smiling smiley Some mix!
Bianca also appeared in several movies and TV shows:
@#$%& Blues (1972, documentary about the Rolling Stones' 1972 North American tour)
Flesh Color (Couleur chair) (1978)
All You Need Is Cash (1978, as Martini)
The American Success Company (1979; as Corrine)
The Cannonball Run (1981, as sheik's sister)
In Our Hands (1984)
Miami Vice (1985) TV episode "Free Verse"
Street Hawk (1985) TV episode "The Unthinkable"
Hotel (1986) TV episode "Separation"
The Colbys (1987) TV episode "Betrayal"
Success (1989)
C.H.U.D. II: Bud the C.H.U.D. (1989)
Last Party 2000 (2001, a documentary film about the 2000 U.S. Presidential election)

(as he desperately tries to keep this on topic)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-11 22:21 by hbwriter.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:20

"dewlover your argument is incredibly poor."

Oh? Is that why you are unable to provide a REAL response??

btw, i'm not "arguing", i'm telling it like it is, and i suspect that's what's really bothering you...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:21

"Thousands of American special forces members have endured water boarding as a standard part of their SERE training for years, and why didn't anyone run to their defense all those years?"

Cause they chose to join the army not had it forced on them repeatedly against their will.

Great to see Mickscarey on board. NOW this could get interesting....

Date: January 11, 2011 22:21

ablett
"Thousands of American special forces members have endured water boarding as a standard part of their SERE training for years, and why didn't anyone run to their defense all those years?"

Cause they chose to join the army not had it forced on them repeatedly against their will.

Great to see Mickscarey on board. NOW this could get interesting....
So the people who are killed by terrorists volunteer for it?

Date: January 11, 2011 22:25

dewlover
"dewlover your argument is incredibly poor."

Oh? Is that why you are unable to provide a REAL response??

btw, i'm not "arguing", i'm telling it like it is, and i suspect that's what's really bothering you...

Telling it like it is? Dewlover your scenario (which formed the basis of your pro-torture argument) was a fantasy. That kind of weak argument might work on talkback radio in the USA, not nowhere else.

Date: January 11, 2011 22:28

When this thread gets to page 5, I'll start posting historical facts about the CIA enacting torture and assasination in foreign countries throughout last century. And then I'll ask all the hawks here to reconcil those historical CIA acts with the term "terrorist".

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:28

Terrorists get water-boarded. What the ef is the problem!?

Date: January 11, 2011 22:30

mickscarey
Terrorists get water-boarded. What the ef is the problem!?

One big problem is that it sets a precedent for our soldiers to be tortured by all enemy combatants, in all future wars, with all future nations.

And by the way, we were talking about enemy combatants who were captured in the field of war. Suddenly you mickscarey say "terrorists". That is a big difference. You need to make up your mind what they are, and provide evidence for that charge. To label everybody in Gitmo a "terrorist" is factually incorrect. So your argument needs to be changed to "enemy combatant gets water boarded, what the ef is the problem"... suddenly we see the problem!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-11 22:38 by bolexman.

Date: January 11, 2011 22:40

kleermaker
Don't give them flying lessons and no planes. And as everyone is a possible terrorist they should lock up everyone and at last themselves.

Ok,you could be right.No flying lessons for the terrorists .
But don't try to change the subject & confuse the issue by pretending they aren't what they are .They are terrorists .
Don't switch the roles & don't blame the victims !

Did you ever had to face a terrorist attack yourself ?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2011 22:44

mickscarey
Terrorists get water-boarded. What the ef is the problem!?[/quote

Shame on you!!

Terrorism provokes terrorism.
Who came first?
It's a matter of the chicken and the egg.

Date: January 11, 2011 22:44

Let me say one more time. MAN THIS IS FUN SHIT!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home