Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Bianca - No Sympathy For The Obama
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: January 11, 2011 18:49

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-11 18:54 by hbwriter.

Re: Bianca - No Sympathy For The Obama smiling smiley
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 11, 2011 18:51

Let the countdown to shutdown begin.5-4-3-2-

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 11, 2011 18:53

That's the same old dilemna... when you're left-center you'll be attacked by the right-wing nuts and by the radical left.

Not an easy job.

Re: Bianca - No Sympathy For The Obama
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 11, 2011 18:54

Sorry hbwriter. But I really wonder why you started this thread. BTW, you have been around here long enough to know that Bjornulf doesn't like smileys in the headers.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 11, 2011 18:54

-5-6-7-8-9

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-11 18:57 by bolexman.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 11, 2011 18:55

Rolling Hansie
Bjornulf doesn't like smileys in the headers.

Well done smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 11, 2011 18:56

Rolling Hansie
Sorry hbwriter. But I really wonder why you started this thread. BTW, you have been around here long enough to know that Bjornulf doesn't like smileys in the headers.
He also doesn't like political threads. Of which this is blatantly political.

Date: January 11, 2011 18:58

Date: January 11, 2011 18:58

Rolling Hansie

Smiley gone - point well taken - but this is Bianca Jagger -doesn't that transcend the no politics rule? I mean, when Jagger was knighted, was that off limits? Or Keith pardoned by Mike Huckabee? Sometimes, the Stones (and their entourage) find themselves in the middle of a political scenario - I think that should be considered differently that an a gratuitous political thread, no?

I actually give Bianca a lot of credit (though I totally disagree with her point of view and find it ignorant to a point of being mind-numbing) - she's taking a gutsy stance and not backing down - I respect that - and I hope this thread is allowed to live.

Date: January 11, 2011 19:06

sweetcharmedlife
Rolling Hansie
He also doesn't like political threads. Of which this is blatantly political.

Like I said - I think this is a Bianca thread first - a political thread second. If Bjornulf wants to yank it, that's fine, this is his board, not mine. But I thought it was at least worth a shot - after all, she's a high-profile piece today that's bound to attract a fair amount of attention - in the rare instances when there is Stones content fused with something political, I still think it's worth taking a shot a shot and posting it because it's interesting.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: January 11, 2011 19:35

Well, I'm not sure how this thread can be anything but political in the first place, but since it's still here, I guess it's either OK or bv hasn't noticed yet, or he can't be bothered.

What's so ignorant about her piece, hbwriter? Assuming the factual information contained therein is correct, I actually agree with her. Don't you think it's a disgrace that Guantanamo Bay is still open?

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: January 11, 2011 19:39

"Don't you think it's a disgrace that Guantanamo Bay is still open?"

Well then, why don't you go down there and let the people in charge know that you want to invite the Islamofascists there to move to your home??

Date: January 11, 2011 19:45

FreeBird
Well, I'm not sure how this thread can be anything but political in the first place, but since it's still here, I guess it's either OK or bv hasn't noticed yet, or he can't be bothered.

What's so ignorant about her piece, hbwriter? Assuming the factual information contained therein is correct, I actually agree with her. Don't you think it's a disgrace that Guantanamo Bay is still open?

FreeBird - I'm not getting into it here - but no, I do not think it's a disgrace it's still open -

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2011 19:47

dewlover

Well then, why don't you go down there and let the people in charge know that you want to invite the Islamofascists there to move to your home??[/quote]
<hbwriter>

confused smiley

Cheers mate.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: January 11, 2011 19:51

It should be obvious to any thinking person that it is NOT a "disgrace", it is a necessity!!!

Date: January 11, 2011 19:53

Maybe we should just send the terrorists to Bianca's house since she has so much sympathy for them.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 11, 2011 19:54

Amsterdamned
dewlover

Well then, why don't you go down there and let the people in charge know that you want to invite the Islamofascists there to move to your home??[/quote]
<hbwriter>

confused smiley

Are you insane! 75% of those released retruned to terrorism. Please!!! This is WAR!

Cheers mate.

Date: January 11, 2011 20:00

Cheers mate.In what age do we live??

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 11, 2011 20:03

"Are you insane! 75% of those released retruned to terrorism. Please!!! This is WAR!"
75 percent? where did you get that statistic? fox news? drudgereport perhaps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-11 20:08 by ineedadrink.

Date: January 11, 2011 20:11

It is amazing how people will defend Guantanamo Bay. Make no mistake- Holding people without charge is not acceptable. Torture is never acceptable. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to read some history.

Date: January 11, 2011 20:15

bolexman
It is amazing how people will defend Guantanamo Bay. Make no mistake- Holding people without charge is not acceptable. Torture is never acceptable. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to read some history.
So you'd be happy to have these fine upstanding people over to your house for dinner then?

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 11, 2011 20:21

sweetcharmedlife
bolexman
So you'd be happy to have these fine upstanding people over to your house for dinner then?

Who are you to judge?

Date: January 11, 2011 20:21

Poor argument sweetcharmedlife. You'll need a better argument than that. Even if they are evil (which you need a trial to conclude) it does not condone torture. It does not condone holding people for years without charge.

The logic you are using sweetcharmedlife is devastatingly flawed. We need to follow law and justice.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 11, 2011 20:23

No, read what he states. Torture and holding people for as long as you like without charge is illegal and not acceptable.

America is supposed to be above this sort of treatment....

Date: January 11, 2011 20:23

Roadster32
sweetcharmedlife
bolexman

Who are you to judge?
Somebody has to. Do we want to wait until they fly another plane into a building and kill a few thousand more people before we decide if they're terrorists or not?

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 11, 2011 20:26

torture doesn't even work. people will say anything to make the pain stop. yes, i killed JFK, now stop electrocuting my testicles, dammit!

Date: January 11, 2011 20:26

ineedadrink
"Are you insane! 75% of those released retruned to terrorism. Please!!! This is WAR!"
75 percent? where did you get that statistic? fox news? drudgereport perhaps?

No,I'am pefectly awake.
You know all about war don't you? winking smiley

I hate violence btw.

Date: January 11, 2011 20:27

sweetcharmedlife
Roadster32
sweetcharmedlife
bolexman

Who are you to judge?
Somebody has to. Do we want to wait until they fly another plane into a building and kill a few thousand more people before we decide if they're terrorists or not?

This argument has more holes than swiss cheese. Sweetcharmedlife have you read much 20th Century history?

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 11, 2011 20:28

Innocent until proven guilty?

Let's get rid of the rest of the world!

Haven't you got any laws over there?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 11, 2011 20:29

sweetcharmedlife
bolexman

Do any of you have any idea how many innocent people in Iraq and Afghanistan have been killed in the name of the so called American war on terror? And then, who's supported those who are now considered as terrorists? Well? Any answers? And which country still supports those terrorists until now and is closest friends with America for oil and money reasons? Start thinking, guys over there. The big money is laughing about you and says to themselves and each other: "We got them so easily, those fools. They believe everything we say. The American Dream! Ha, ha, ha." That's the way it is, guys. They fool you, and it's an easy job as well.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home