Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

this ticket process
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 15, 2013 20:05

seats *just* went on sale - within one second -

EVERY SINGLE PRICE POINT - I get - "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available."

as well - "As a part of the general on sale, there is something for everyone, including over a 1,000 tickets per show at $85 (including service charges). Some will be among the best seats in the house in the Tongue Pit, with others spread around the arena. Tickets will be sold as a pair. You will find out your seat location when you pick them up the night of the show. Other tickets range from $150- $600 (plus service charges)."

Looking at the site - this is non-existent

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-15 20:08 by hbwriter.

Re: this ticket process
Date: April 15, 2013 20:16

i'm actually trying to purchase for someone else now - cannot even get a single - IN ANY LEVEL - some system

Posted by: shakeydeal ()
Date: April 15, 2013 20:22

The $85 Stones site link didn't work on East Coast until about a half hour after on sale. I suspect by design...clearing your browser will help, TM gets all messed up after multiple attempts.

Date: April 15, 2013 20:25

the facebook comments are brutal- hundreds of enraged fans

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 15, 2013 20:34

Not good. I was hoping you had managed to wangle an interivew with them Chris! Good luck with the tickets

Date: April 15, 2013 20:38

crumbling_mice
Not good. I was hoping you had managed to wangle an interivew with them Chris! Good luck with the tickets

well, i'm still in the running for some press stuff- like i said - i was attempting to buy for someone else- the system seems just terrible - and the $85 things is starting to feel rather scam-like

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 15, 2013 20:46

hbwriter
crumbling_mice

well, i'm still in the running for some press stuff- like i said - i was attempting to buy for someone else- the system seems just terrible - and the $85 things is starting to feel rather scam-like

I think there is something to be said for the old style of queueing up and postal applications. The modern system never seems to be able to cope with demand and all the scalper agencies cleaning up the tickets by the hundreds and re-sell. The average fan just gets priced out. I hope you get some both for yourself and your friends.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 21:16

hbwriter

EVERY SINGLE PRICE POINT - I get - "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available."

I just got brilliant seats for May 18th. And this after I got the "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available" at least four times. After the first "Sorry" I thought, "I guess the good seats went fast, but I'll keep trying." I didn't want nosebleeds. So I went back to step one again and again, typing in those annoying distorted phrases again and again. After four failed times I was about to tell my cadre "We're not going." But I thought, what the hell, I'll try one more time and thinking, despite all evidence—dumb as Forrest Gump—that I might come up a winner this time, I got better seats than I expected. On the fifth (or maybe sixth) try. I don't know why.

(Is this a tip for those trying for future dates? Maybe, but I don't want to lead you down the road to immense frustration. But, hey, perseverance this morning worked for me.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-15 21:32 by Title5Take1.

Date: April 15, 2013 21:51

Title5Take1
hbwriter

I just got brilliant seats for May 18th. And this after I got the "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available" at least four times. After the first "Sorry" I thought, "I guess the good seats went fast, but I'll keep trying." I didn't want nosebleeds. So I went back to step one again and again, typing in those annoying distorted phrases again and again. After four failed times I was about to tell my cadre "We're not going." But I thought, what the hell, I'll try one more time and thinking, despite all evidence—dumb as Forrest Gump—that I might come up a winner this time, I got better seats than I expected. On the fifth (or maybe sixth) try. I don't know why.

(Is this a tip for those trying for future dates? Maybe, but I don't want to lead you down the road to immense frustration. But, hey, perseverance this morning worked for me.)

i tried about 30 times - but i have a busy day - smiling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 15, 2013 21:53

HB clear your history and then try again, it worked for me.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 15, 2013 23:43

HB, think you ought to try and have an interview with Michael Cohl

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 15, 2013 23:48

I got $85 tickets at 10.06PDT today for Staples Center May 2!!!

i´m very happy with this FAN sale! considering i paid 950usd for first newark show in a seat located almost in the arena roof...

I LOVE THE STONES, THIS TIME THEY WORRY ABOUT THE POOR FANS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-15 23:49 by rogerriffin.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 15, 2013 23:57

rogerriffin
I got $85 tickets at 10.06PDT today for Staples Center May 2!!!

i´m very happy with this FAN sale! considering i paid 950usd for first newark show in a seat located almost in the arena roof...

I LOVE THE STONES, THIS TIME THEY WORRY ABOUT THE POOR FANS!

Congratulations, well donethumbs up

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 16, 2013 02:14

Refreshing the web page didn't work, I had to get out and get in again.
While the 85s are currently sold out, word is they can add more at anytime.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: April 16, 2013 02:56

What's with these other websites cropping up by the tons...queenbeetickets.com, buyanyseat.com, ticketability.com??

It seems like the tickets are sucked out of ticketmaster so it shows nothing is available, then they are on these sites. I've never been so irritated and disappointed as i have been with trying to get 2 tickets for under $200 to see these guys and show my girlfriend how cool these guys can still be. by any stretch of the imagination even $150 is pretty high of a price to pay, including the travel (i'm from detroit) but i'd do it but i can't get one bloody ticket nevermind two! damn!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 16, 2013 02:58

It was really a mess when I started, At 10:01 I had no matches and then a half hour later I was able to get what I wanted except for the $85 seats were nowhere to be found then I went back and looked at this board and people were starting to get them. Of course by this time it was too late for me. It could have been done better.

Date: April 16, 2013 03:20

slew
It was really a mess when I started, At 10:01 I had no matches and then a half hour later I was able to get what I wanted except for the $85 seats were nowhere to be found then I went back and looked at this board and people were starting to get them. Of course by this time it was too late for me. It could have been done better.

It aint over..... until the $85.00 button no longer appears... keep trying...

Posted by: Thedole ()
Date: April 16, 2013 03:40

Hey Lads,

I have scored a pair of the $85 tix for all three Chicago shows, 1 toronto show, Today's sale of both Staple shows. All of them were at the $85. The earliest that I got any of the $85 was at 8 minutes past the hour (Toronto show) and the longest that I took to get tickets was today for the May 2nd show at The Staple center Got em' at 10:29 PST. I kept hitting FIND TICKETS- probably 30-40 times. I just about gave up and then bingo- I had another pair of $85 tickets. The Ticket process works IMO. I for one do not relish the idea of lining up for a couple of days to buy tickets at Ticketmaster locations. I seem to recall that the first 5 to 10 people in line got any tickets and then everyone behind them would get pissed off and bad words would fly and sometimes fights broke out. So, I will cheerfully stay in front of my lucky computer and hopefully continue to get those inexpensive STONES tickets. The bottom line is that there are probably way more then 5000 people all trying for the 1000 tickets per show that are designated to be sold for $85. I guess you have to be patient and not give up so quickly. Also, I noticed that the $150 price point was sold out within a few minutes after 10:00am. So a lot of people are vying for the low priced tickets it seems. Good Luck

Date: April 16, 2013 03:42

Thedole
Hey Lads,

I have scored a pair of the $85 tix for all three Chicago shows, 1 toronto show, Today's sale of both Staple shows. All of them were at the $85. The earliest that I got any of the $85 was at 8 minutes past the hour (Toronto show) and the longest that I took to get tickets was today for the May 2nd show at The Staple center Got em' at 10:29 PST. I kept hitting FIND TICKETS- probably 30-40 times. I just about gave up and then bingo- I had another pair of $85 tickets. The Ticket process works IMO. I for one do not relish the idea of lining up for a couple of days to buy tickets at Ticketmaster locations. I seem to recall that the first 5 to 10 people in line got any tickets and then everyone behind them would get pissed off and bad words would fly and sometimes fights broke out. So, I will cheerfully stay in front of my lucky computer and hopefully continue to get those inexpensive STONES tickets. The bottom line is that there are probably way more then 5000 people all trying for the 1000 tickets per show that are designated to be sold for $85. I guess you have to be patient and not give up so quickly. Also, I noticed that the $150 price point was sold out within a few minutes after 10:00am. So a lot of people are vying for the low priced tickets it seems. Good Luck

Thanks for telling the tale thumbs up and congratulations

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 07:54

hbwriter
Title5Take1
hbwriter

i tried about 30 times - but i have a busy day - smiling smiley

Maybe I should have mentioned I went through the Citi option. It wasn't pre sale—like the May 15 show—but nonetheless those "set aside" tickets possibly meant less competition for me.

Date: April 17, 2013 05:13

Max - I keep trying and it ain't working!!!!

Date: April 17, 2013 05:17

slew
Max - I keep trying and it ain't working!!!!

Maybe try different times of day or re-check re-ask people EXACTLY what they have typed in to get through and compare to what you are typing in (you have to type in the correct options)... or maybe you need to cuss more, TRY SHOUTING AT IT!!!... try doing it tourettes style.... dont give up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-17 05:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 17, 2013 05:36

Max - I woll keep trying. I think more tickets might become available. The 85 dollar link is still up for the two Boston shows. For the hell of it I went in to get tickets normally and the 147 and 247 tickets have been taken off as an option so maybe the 85 dollar seats will be released in dribs and drabs. I am sure of the 600 tickets don't sell they will sell them in the 85 dollar range. No band wants empty seats around the stage.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:12

Does the relative geographical location of a person hoping to buy tickets with his/her computer affect the time it takes to connect via the Internet to a server located hundreds or thousands of miles away?

For example, I live in northern New Jersey and must connect to Comcast.com's site to buy tickets for Stones concert at Wells Fargo Center in Phialdelphia... Wondering do the internet requests that come flooding in to Comcast.com favor people in closer geographic proximity?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 17:13 by schillid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home