Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: who wants to see the stones live in2011
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 3, 2011 16:55

yes please.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 3, 2011 17:14

I do.
Doesn't everybody?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 3, 2011 17:22

Yes I do.

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: January 3, 2011 18:01

ready to go!

Date: January 3, 2011 18:06

Who wouldn't? If the Stones tour, I will see them.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 3, 2011 18:13

I'll get the 1st tapes of the tour that pop up on Dime then I'll decide if I go or not...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 3, 2011 18:25

Yeah, but I won't keel over and die if I don't.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 3, 2011 18:26

Big Al
Yeah, but I won't keel over and die if I don't.

yer tempting fate with comments like that.

Posted by: holycrap ()
Date: January 3, 2011 23:15

no thanks, not after they decided to screw their fans in atlantic city to hang out with the clintons

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 3, 2011 23:20

Want to see them live in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.............................................................................

Posted by: stein ()
Date: January 3, 2011 23:50

Already in the ticket line.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: January 3, 2011 23:50

What is great in case of a Stones tour in 2011 is that I don't have to search for something special for my 50th Bday anymore

Of course I want to go!!!

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: January 5, 2011 12:42

happy birthday
a great present

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 5, 2011 12:43

yep, on my local pub and then unplugged of course..Charlie playin washboard...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: January 5, 2011 14:12

I'm ready to roooooollllllllllllll smileys with beer

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 5, 2011 17:19

Actually there are several here who do not want to go. Strange but true

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 5, 2011 17:27

Is it a simple question of yes or no, regardless of cost? If it is, then yes. There. Now there's one less of several.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 5, 2011 17:39

Yes!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 5, 2011 17:43

Yip!

Don't wanna go to many seated venues though. I'm looking for dates on the tour which has a standing area rather than seat allocation. I've said it before seating sucks. Who the hell wants to sit down or stand and be confined to a 1ft square when goin rockin? Not me brother!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 5, 2011 17:52

Monkeytonkman
Don't wanna go to many seated venues though. I'm looking for dates on the tour which has a standing area rather than seat allocation. I've said it before seating sucks. Who the hell wants to sit down or stand and be confined to a 1ft square when goin rockin? Not me brother!

May I sit on your shoulders ?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 5, 2011 17:53

me

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: January 5, 2011 17:55

No doubt stein's post is the best so far.

As for me, I'm already in the line to get in the ticket line.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: January 5, 2011 18:23

"i am waiting".

how's that for an answer. hope these tour rumors aren't "lies". want to get some "sympathy" regarding ticket prices that probably are going to leave my wallet "black n blue". but a tour announcement will surely "start me up".

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 6, 2011 15:21

Stones will tour again soon I'm sure but what after that? I think they will deliver the goods this time as said before but maybe not next time.

As soon as this tour is over we will all be saying "when are they going to tour again"? Will they ? Won't they? Will it just be the odd concert? When WILL they stop???

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2011 16:05

I'll happily wait until a Euro tour in 2012. Financially, I could do without a Stones tour in 2011 and as I've no intention of travelling outside Europe to see them again, it would suit me nicely for them to play the US in late 2011 instead.

As long as they tour I'll go and seen them at some point, but after 13 shows on each of the last two tours, it'll definitely be much fewer next time. Four or five at the very most, and probably less if the only options are stadiums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-06 16:06 by Gazza.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 6, 2011 18:39

Just heard from a concert promotor that indeed the euro tour is for 2012...

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: January 6, 2011 19:28

a duh!

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 6, 2011 20:51

"Never wish your life away" is what my Grandma told me when i said "I cant wait until I'm 16, well I have always remembered that BUT next year I'm 60 and my son said he would take me to go and see the Stones at Madison square gardens for my 60th birthday present sooooo number one, I hope they do tour and number two I hope they play the gardens next year. I live in England and have never been to the states. Roll on next year and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

My son has good taste in music, he bought me a ticket to go and see the wall at the 02 in May, the only drawback , he said, was that he was coming with me

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 6, 2011 20:57

Will start in USA - east Coast. Yeah!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: January 6, 2011 21:13

In fact I cannot think of the band doing anything I would want to see on any future tour. I have no interest in the band’s formulamatic, spectacle shows. But while driving I imagined this. Fat chance, but here it is:

Taylor is, of course, involved, as is Wyman. But surprisingly (for me) that does not exclude Ronnie. With Keith’s diminished skills I imagine many possibilities. Keith and Ronnie holding down a double rhythm. Ronnie and Taylor exchanging slide leads. Ronnie on steel-pedal or lap guitar. Multiple variations of electric and acoustic guitars. Taylor doing that boogie rhythm guitar he does so well with Ronnie on slide. Lots of ways to go. But what would I like to hear? This is a day-dream.

I would like the show to open with some road house boogie played hard and loud. If you are familiar with R. L. Burnside’s “Shake ‘Em On Down” or “Old Black Mattie;” or James McMurtry’s “Choctaw Bingo” or “Tortue Bayou”….that kind of stuff. You hardly need lyrics, just some repetitive phrases of a slightly lascivious nature would do. Jagger could add some harmonica. With three guitars it should smoke. That could be the first 20 –25 minutes of the show before a stage break.

What next? A change of pace: Dead Flowers. Why not? You have Taylor. Ronnie to add steel pedal? Or acoustic guitar? Then Torn and Frayed or a slow Gimme Shelter more along the lines of the ’69 version with Keith’s eerie guitar line fading in and fading out the song.

Then you have a whole back catalogue of songs that can be played with Taylor. The obvious choices in any order are CYHMK, Winter, MLMile and TWFNO. When I think of the latter song I hear an instrumental version with Charlie tapping in and tapping out the song. I do not need to hear the lyrics. Taylor’s soloing would carry the song. I hear some harmonica at the end of MLMile. Another choice would be WH since I have never heard it played with Taylor. That would pretty much take care of the second portion of the show. Some other songs come to mind, but you get the idea.

The third and final part of the show would be some straight ahead RnR: Route 66; Around and Around; The Last Time; other CBerry numbers. You could knock off 4-6 songs in 15 minutes and call it quits.

Encore? OK. Pick something. I suggest LARS and Gloria. I simply do not need to hear what people like to call the warhorses again.

Play 90 minutes. Play smaller venues. Do not charge an arm and a leg.

When Michael Jackson was going to call it quits he selected a city and was going to let the world come to him. I suggest the same idea spread over a small number of cities. It cuts down on the cost and the tediousness of travel. Set up residence for a week or so, then move on.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home