Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Unnamed Stones songs in the Understones (Bones & Jones) Vol.2 Medley
Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: January 7, 2011 13:26

Has anyone identified all of the songs which make up track 23 ('Medley: Bits & Pieces Unknown Tracks') of the Understones (Bones & Jones) Vol.2 [www.shareseeking.com] bootleg? There are some attractive snippets there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-07 16:23 by Squiggle.

Re: Understones (Bones & Jones) Vol.2 Medley
Date: January 7, 2011 14:28

The songs as far as I can tell:

1. ? 'You look tired, you must go'. With a fine, bendy harmonica.

2. ? 'Maybe I'm the funny guy'. I like this a lot. Lovely shimmery guitar.

3. You Must Be The One for the Greenbeats. 'I've been looking baby, for a girl for me'. With a very English accent from Mick. Could be Merseybeat or Mod. I like it.

4. ? 'You thought I was so much in love'. Very brief, unfortunately, but also good in a Merseybeatish vein.

5. Give Me Your Hand (or I'll Hold Your Hand) for Teddy Green or the Beatles. Another convincing snippet of Merseybeat.

6. Shang-a-doo-lang for Adrienne Poata. Really good. Handclaps and harmonies. Bouncy yet wistful.

7. Presumably When A Girl Loves A Boy. 'When a boy meets a girl'. Pretty. A touch of that early sixties melancholy.

8. ? 'And with her fella standing there' The thought 'George Harrison meets Brian Wilson' comes to mind and that's no bad thing.

9. ? 'No-one, nowhere knows that I really love you'. The female backing vocals are too loud but otherwise a very attractive, unfortunately very brief, clip. Maybe this is I Want You To Know?

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-08 15:14 by Squiggle.

Re: Unnamed Stones songs in the Understones (Bones & Jones) Vol.2 Medley
Date: January 8, 2011 20:36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home