Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
My GRRReatest "Stones High" Ever!
Posted by: DoomNGloom ()
Date: November 15, 2012 05:03

I must be honest. This entire autumn has been the highest "Stones High" I have ever been on! And it just keeps building! The grand climax comes on December 15!

Re: My GRRReatest "Stones High" Ever!
Date: November 15, 2012 05:15

Then the buildup begins all over again for 2013 and the new album.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 15, 2012 05:24

So how much to they pay you, and how do I get in on this gig?

Date: November 15, 2012 05:31

treaclefingers

What gig?

Date: November 15, 2012 05:37

DoomNGloom
treaclefingers

What gig?

Sorry, right. Part of the contract is a nondisclosure agreement, I get that, sorry.

Who do I contact to get on the payroll though. I can hype pretty good. True, I'm a little sarcastic, but I can reign that in for a period.

Would you put in a good word for me?

Date: November 15, 2012 05:52

treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
treaclefingers

What gig?

Sorry, right. Part of the contract is a nondisclosure agreement, I get that, sorry.

Who do I contact to get on the payroll though. I can hype pretty good. True, I'm a little sarcastic, but I can reign that in for a period.

Be honest: Don't you think this autumn has been super special so far?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 15, 2012 06:01

DoomNGloom
I must be honest. This entire autumn has been the highest "Stones High" I have ever been on! And it just keeps building! The grand climax comes on December 15!

What a fascinating life you must have had for it to climax with seeing the Rolling Stones on television.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:18

tatters
DoomNGloom

What a fascinating life you must have had for it to climax with seeing the Rolling Stones on television.

No doubt I have had a fascinating life. I am currently beginning to write my auto biography. Fortunately the Stones are going to give us at least one more grand climax after December 15. That will come in 2013 with the new album and additional shows.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:21

DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom

No doubt I have had a fascinating life. I am currently beginning to write my auto biography. Fortunately the Stones are going to give us at least one more grand climax after December 15. That will come in 2013 with the new album and additional shows.

You're writing your car's biography? Sounds like a sure fire best seller to me.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:27

tatters
DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom

If you saw my car, you would understand!smiling smiley

tatters, seriously, how do you feel about all that has been going on this autumn with the Stones? Just a little excited?

Date: November 15, 2012 06:38

DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom

tatters, seriously, how do you feel about all that has been going on this autumn with the Stones? Just a little excited?

I enjoyed seeing Bobby Keys last month. As for the Stones, their plans don't include people in my income bracket, so my plans don't include them. I might be able to spring for a couple $50 nosebleed seats to see the Who next weekend. I guess I'm a little excited about that.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:45

tatters
DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom

I enjoyed seeing Bobby Keys last month. As for the Stones, their plans don't include people in my income bracket, so my plans don't include them. I might be able to spring for a couple $50 nosebleed seats to see the Who next weekend. I guess I'm a little excited about that.

OK, but what about watching them on PPV? That's my plan.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:51

DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom

Unless your home theater has a 10,000 watt sound system and 20,000 seats it won't be like being there.

Date: November 15, 2012 06:56

tatters
DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom
tatters
DoomNGloom

Unless your home theater has a 10,000 watt sound system and 20,000 seats it won't be like being there.

Try a set of Bose headphones. Honestly, live concerts are too loud these days. At least for my old ears and nervous system.

Date: November 15, 2012 16:13

DoomNGloom
treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
treaclefingers

What gig?

Absolutement! I'd just like to be paid for my enthusiasm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 17:32 by treaclefingers.

Date: November 15, 2012 20:28

treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
treaclefingers
DoomNGloom
treaclefingers

What gig?

Absolutement! I'd just like to be paid for my enthusiasm.

Hopefully you can get signed up to promote the buildup to the 50th Anniversary of Satisfaction!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 20:40 by DoomNGloom.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:32

Don't let the stupid comments dampen your day TF, it's a great year for Stones fans. To the complainers, give those of us who enjoy the music a rest from you for one day eh? You must be hell to live with, moaning about everything yet doing nothing about it!

Date: November 15, 2012 20:41

midimannz
Don't let the stupid comments dampen your day TF, it's a great year for Stones fans. To the complainers, give those of us who enjoy the music a rest from you for one day eh? You must be hell to live with, moaning about everything yet doing nothing about it!

Greatest Stones Autumn Ever!

Stones Say Others Made Them See Significance Of 50th Anniversary!
Date: November 15, 2012 20:19

Thank God for those "others" that were relentless in making them see the importance of their 50th anniversary! Apparently, they had little emotion (initially) towards the number 50.

Re: Stones Say Others Made Them See Significance Of 50th Anniversary!
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:27

what's your point?

Date: November 15, 2012 20:30

GumbootCloggeroo
what's your point?

Do I have to spell everything out for you? Pretty obvious what the point is.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:43

DoomNGloom
GumbootCloggeroo
what's your point?

the point is that we have our belove doomngloom to thank for inspiring the band. i know he has my eternal gratitude...or something

Date: November 15, 2012 21:02

StonesTod
DoomNGloom
GumbootCloggeroo
what's your point?

the point is that we have our belove doomngloom to thank for inspiring the band. i know he has my eternal gratitude...or something

Thanks, mate. The cheerleaders have a lot to be proud of, especially the ones who saw the historical significance of their 50th anniversary.

Ten "Proofs" That The Stones Listen In Here And Care What You Think!
Date: November 13, 2012 22:28

Well, aside from lower ticket prices that is.

#1. The majority of us wanted them to continue: They shall continue.

#2. The majority of us wanted stadium shows dumped: So far no stadium shows in sight.

#3. The majority of us wanted less warhorses and more rarities: They are currently rehearsing more rarities.

#4. The majority of us wanted less back up musicians: It appears the shows will be somewhat stripped down.

#5. Many of us wanted the songs presented at the speed they were originally played at - not "Vegas act" speeded up versions: Looks like were going to get our wish.

#6. The majority of us wanted Bill Wyman to return to the band for at least a guest appearance: It appears likely this dream will come true.

#7. Many wanted Mick Taylor to return for at least a guest appearance: This very well could happen too.

#8. The majority of us wanted new material: We got it with the two new releases and a new album next year is certain to come.

#9. All of us wanted the vault doors to swing open: Dream realized with more to come.

#10. At least one of us (me) wanted to see the Stones on PPV for at least one last time: Dream realized!

Re: Ten "Proofs" That The Stones Listen In Here And Care What You Think!
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 13, 2012 22:30

DoomNGloom

Well.. no one was sure before they must be now.

DoomNGloom is 'avin a larf.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 13, 2012 22:40

Date: November 13, 2012 22:28

#1. The majority of us wanted them to continue: They shall continue.

#2. The majority of us wanted stadium shows dumped: So far no stadium shows in sight.

#3. The majority of us wanted less warhorses and more rarities: They are currently rehearsing more rarities.

#4. The majority of us wanted less back up musicians: It appears the shows will be somewhat stripped down.

#5. Many of us wanted the songs presented at the speed they were originally played at - not "Vegas act" speeded up versions: Looks like were going to get our wish.

#6. The majority of us wanted Bill Wyman to return to the band for at least a guest appearance: It appears likely this dream will come true.

#7. Many wanted Mick Taylor to return for at least a guest appearance: This very well could happen too.

#8. The majority of us wanted new material: We got it with the two new releases and a new album next year is certain to come.

#9. All of us wanted the vault doors to swing open: Dream realized with more to come.

#10. At least one of us (me) wanted to see the Stones on PPV for at least one last time: Dream realized!

So why is Streets of Love in Grrr?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 13, 2012 22:41

1) The potential of earning millions of dollars may have had more sway
2) Pretty hard to play stadiums in the northern hemisphere in December, and they're hardly going to construct a stadium stage for 5 shows. There'll be plenty of those shows next year
3) They rehearse plenty of rarities every tour. Doesnt mean they're going to have a gig consisting mostly of them. Which they wont
4) Easy to do that when theres just 5 shows if you carefully choose the setlist. There'll also probably be a few 'external' guests. Did most people want that as well?
5) You're reviewing the musical content of shows that havent taken place yet?
6) Conjecture, not proof
7) Conjecture, not proof
8) 'New album almost certain'. Yeah, right. They're going to bang out a new album in between tour legs and then release it after the tour is over when there's no logic in doing so from a promotional aspect.
9) There's no evidence that there'll be more archive releases. The arrangement was for 6 of them over a period of a year. They've done that - almost to the day in fact. And the new policy of digging into the archives began when they signed to UMG in 2008 - not within the last few months.
10) Yeah, because that has never happened before.

Absolutely spot on otherwise.

The only 'proof' here is that you're utterly delusional - and to dismiss the ticket prices as a minor exception is laughable.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 13, 2012 23:09

DoomNGloom

I like your disposition.

Good for you my man.

Keep on rockin brother!!!!

\m/

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 13, 2012 23:23

DoomNGloom, you are quite new here, but I kinda like your point of view

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: November 13, 2012 23:50

Gazza
1) The potential of earning millions of dollars may have had more sway
2) Pretty hard to play stadiums in the northern hemisphere in December, and they're hardly going to construct a stadium stage for 5 shows. There'll be plenty of those shows next year
3) They rehearse plenty of rarities every tour. Doesnt mean they're going to have a gig consisting mostly of them. Which they wont
4) Easy to do that when theres just 5 shows if you carefully choose the setlist. There'll also probably be a few 'external' guests. Did most people want that as well?
5) You're reviewing the musical content of shows that havent taken place yet?
6) Conjecture, not proof
7) Conjecture, not proof
8) 'New album almost certain'. Yeah, right. They're going to bang out a new album in between tour legs and then release it after the tour is over when there's no logic in doing so from a promotional aspect.
9) There's no evidence that there'll be more archive releases. The arrangement was for 6 of them over a period of a year. They've done that - almost to the day in fact. And the new policy of digging into the archives began when they signed to UMG in 2008 - not within the last few months.
10) Yeah, because that has never happened before.

Absolutely spot on otherwise.

The only 'proof' here is that you're utterly delusional - and to dismiss the ticket prices as a minor exception is laughable.

lolthumbs up

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home