Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Please Bjornulf: shed some light on will they..wont they
Date: December 27, 2010 13:39

crumbling_mice
StonesTod
bv
They will go on tour. Happy new Stones year!

is this a recording from last year?

That is funny Tod

+1 >grinning smiley<

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: stein ()
Date: December 27, 2010 13:55

Everybody knows that they are making plans for the next year. So I guess that a new record is out early summer and a world tour starts August/september and ends in London when the olympic games takes place there 2012 and they can celebrate their 50 years anniversary.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 27, 2010 16:03

This is not rocket science. They have planned for a number of shows by now. The financial crisis and individual projects prevented them from go on as originally planned. They may still choose to delay tour plans at any given time, simply because they choose to do things differently, and simply because they are four individuals. The most pessimistic may of course predict rain, financial crisis and trouble at any time, but right now my own 2011 schedule is pretty flexible for some reason. Please do not blame me if you are on a charter flight holiday the week they play your home town...

Bjornulf

Re: Are they gonna tour or not?
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 27, 2010 19:39

I have no plans for 2011...but have some money aside

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 27, 2010 19:45

I guess since there's going to be a new tour there'll also be a new album. After all, they have to have new product to mostly ignore and not play while touring.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: December 27, 2010 19:47

I'd like to know aswell if theres gonna be a tour or not cause Im gettin tired of hoping for some rumors to be true or not. If they appear to be just rumors; years of waiting turnedo ut all in disappointment.

I think its a good time to come out and tell everyone how the fu-ck it's gonna be eye rolling smiley

I think Im going mad (lol) at this!drinking smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 27, 2010 19:52

drbryant
Gazza
drbryant
Yes, Bjornulf, please enlighten us.

Speaking of trolls, I was trying to remember the name of the Paul McCartney fan who used to post fairly regularly about 2-3 years ago. Does anyone remember his name? I would like to look up some of his old threads. They were quite funny.

ferrante9 ?

That's right - thanks. I guess it was 5 years ago.

Yep. He was a good laugh!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 27, 2010 20:37

bv

many many thanks bv!smileys with beer
...and what about a new album?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 28, 2010 07:35

DandelionPowderman
skipstone
BS + Nothing Official = Nothing official

Nobody knows anything. Wait for an official announcement.

There is no done deal. No one knows.

La Nada is what it is.

How do you know?

Because it's a done...oh no now wait a minute. I'm not falling for that one! What's so difficult to believe that there is nothing to believe!!?? La Nada? There IS nothing to know. Yes - we have no bananas. That's been a done - AHT! You almost made me say it again! You...you...you...bastard you!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:20

4 years

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 28, 2010 21:03

The longer they wait, at this point, the less likely is anything to happen.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: December 28, 2010 22:32

Who am I to guess, but here's one fan's opinion:

I think they would love to do a 2011-2012 tour of some description, both for the "50 Year Anniversary" side of the equation as well as the Olympics in the UK. Probably a lot fewer dates than ABB, maybe smaller venues.

I also believe that they are worried about Ron and his continuing battle with a variety of substances, and Keith's arthritis and other physical issues.

As for a new album, I wouldn't be surprised to see a CD with about four new tunes and a dozen tracks from the vaults....sort of a "Licks Without the Old Hits"..., finally opening up that mysterious box of songs that we've all been speculating about for years.

Speculation, though, is the operative word here, isn't it?

I met Chuck back in the 80s, and even then he said "man, those guys will NEVER retire, they're really just the same R&B band they were back when they started."

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 29, 2010 02:37

R

i believe the strategy is to wait for death and then that'll be their lame excuse for not touring.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 29, 2010 14:16

StonesTod
R

i believe the strategy is to wait for death and then that'll be their lame excuse for not touring.

Exactly. I'll accept that a group of musicians do not perform because of "financial crisis" but because of dying, hell no...smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 29, 2010 14:18

StonesTod
R

You think they have a strategy at all at this point? Taking all reports ito account, one tends to believe that they are still struggling to find one.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: December 30, 2010 05:44

alimente
StonesTod
R

You think they have a strategy at all at this point? Taking all reports ito account, one tends to believe that they are still struggling to find one.

Actually they do have a strategy. That strategy is to keep you guessing and wondering if they have one at all. I call it RSTF (Rolling Stones Tour Foreplay). Took me awhile to figure out how these guys operate, and now that I have, I just sit back and enjoy the ride. Of course if they never perform together again then I will crawl from this forum with my tail between my legs and shall never return.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 30, 2010 05:54

I won't say they will never perform together again - I'm sure they will - but the collective desire to tour is just not there. It is very obvious.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 30, 2010 05:56

stonescrow
alimente
StonesTod
R

Actually they do have a strategy. That strategy is to keep you guessing and wondering if they have one at all. I call it RSTF (Rolling Stones Tour Foreplay). Took me awhile to figure out how these guys operate, and now that I have, I just sit back and enjoy the ride. Of course if they never perform together again then I will crawl from this forum with my tail between my legs and shall never return.
I really don't think it's a cognizant startegy. I seriously doubt they sit around thinking how can we squeeze the most money out of our fans? I know,we'll spread tons of false rumours on an internet fan site. I think it's far more a case of huge indifference. At this point they can't bring themselves to care enough to make a decision to tour or not. Why should they? They've got more money than God. They are using it to enjoy the good life a hell of a lot. No foreplay. They've already @#$%& us several times.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-30 05:57 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 30, 2010 05:57

I don't think the money is an issue for any of them. If you are 67 years old and already a multi-millionaire, why would you be motivated to make more millions? It doesn't make any sense to me.

I have finally "flipped" and I hope that they don't tour anymore. August '07 was their final curtain call and that's alright with me!

I saw them in 75, 78, 81, 89, 94, 97, 98, 03, and 06. I am satisfied!

I wince because I missed them in 72. I was 14 and it could have been my very first concert!

MileHigh

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 30, 2010 06:06

MileHigh
I don't think the money is an issue for any of them. If you are 67 years old and already a multi-millionaire, why would you be motivated to make more millions? It doesn't make any sense to me.

I have finally "flipped" and I hope that they don't tour anymore. August '07 was their final curtain call and that's alright with me!

I saw them in 75, 78, 81, 89, 94, 97, 98, 03, and 06. I am satisfied!

I wince because I missed them in 72. I was 14 and it could have been my very first concert!

MileHigh

Funny, the exact tours I have seen. And I wince along with you about missing '72! At the last show I saw in '06, I finally felt I had seen enough and didn't need any more. I have the records and films, and hopefully they will be putting out more brilliant stuff from the vaults. Enough for me.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: December 30, 2010 06:08

71Tele
I won't say they will never perform together again - I'm sure they will - but the collective desire to tour is just not there. It is very obvious.

I would be OK with one final album and a few final farewell appearances guesting Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman. Certainly hope they don't try and pull off another ABB scale tour, that would spell disaster from Seattle to London!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 30, 2010 06:09

Has anybody considered this scenario; they start a tour but for one reason or another, don't finish it? Twice in the last 10 years ('98 and '06) they had to postpone tours because of Keith's injuries. What would be worse; never touring again, or having to abort a world tour halfway through because of some serious health issues with Keith...or perhaps Mick or Charlie? That would be a sad way to end after 50 years, but not difficult to imagine. Look at all the trouble Aerosmith had on their last tour...and they are much younger than the Stones.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-30 06:22 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 30, 2010 21:04

TornAndFried
Has anybody considered this scenario; they start a tour but for one reason or another, don't finish it? Twice in the last 10 years ('98 and '06) they had to postpone tours because of Keith's injuries. What would be worse; never touring again, or having to abort a world tour halfway through because of some serious health issues with Keith...or perhaps Mick or Charlie? That would be a sad way to end after 50 years, but not difficult to imagine. Look at all the trouble Aerosmith had on their last tour...and they are much younger than the Stones.
Keith doesn't have the same problems as Steven Tyler. ST is much more problematic than Keith and his approach to music is completely different.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 30, 2010 21:33

Happy24
bv

Simple question, simple answer. Thank you

Indeed. Thanks, Bv.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 30, 2010 22:01

Told you al. Yes, they will! Happy New Year.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 2, 2011 16:33

timbernardis
Only THE PLEXIGLASS knows for sure.

plexi

Indeed. The Plexiglass is the unquestioned source of truth and enlightenment. For there can be no tour until the Plexiglass appears again.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 2, 2011 16:42

MileHigh

Competitive instinct. Both with their own past accomplishments and the need to still be bigger than anyone else. Additionally, they've become so locked into this addiction/obsession for so long that they've forgotten a time when it wasnt so important to them.

If money wasnt an issue, they'd be happy to work for significantly lower guarantees and charge less money for a ticket. The fact that they wont speaks volumes for how important it seems to be.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 2, 2011 17:43

Gazza
MileHigh

Competitive instinct. Both with their own past accomplishments and the need to still be bigger than anyone else. Additionally, they've become so locked into this addiction/obsession for so long that they've forgotten a time when it wasnt so important to them.

If money wasnt an issue, they'd be happy to work for significantly lower guarantees and charge less money for a ticket. The fact that they wont speaks volumes for how important it seems to be.

What amazes me that many of their fans seem to accept the nature of the game as well. They think that it is natural for musicians/performers to not accomplish their profession because of "financial crisis". I mean, back in the early thirties, during the Great Depression that almost killed record industry, I would have accepted that as an argument. But now in regard to our multi-millionares, it is nothing else but endless-sounding greed and ego - which seem to go hand in hand. They don't have "afford" to play or make music or perform? How far is that from any common sense considering music. You know, music... music! Next time Keith makes the analogy of himself to great old blues men who play until they drop, or talks about "you can have the money, pal", I hope someone shows him the blade and throws him a brush and says, "now since you don't have anything else to do than bullshit, why don't you go and paint that bloody ceiling, my dear working class hero!".

I think the photo of the year 2010 is the one taken by Paulywaul of the door of 100 Club. The note in the door said "No Mick or Keef tonight". It says so much of the nature of the game - what they did actually in that legendary tiny place was to play for altruist reason the kind of music with even Mick and Keef once started with. The place wasn't too tiny for Sir Macca though...

- Doxa

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 2, 2011 18:56

Done deal. How many time do I have to repeat this?

Happy New Year.

Posted by: poti ()
Date: January 2, 2011 19:22

Im just wondering wether I'm the only person in this thread who reads the "Berliner Zeitung". Keith gave an interview to this paper around the time they were publishing his autobiography and he was asked about his relationship with MJ and he gave the remark:" We are looking forward to next June when we will be touring together!"

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home