Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who should produce new album?
Posted by: salty ()
Date: December 4, 2012 03:31

If the Stones make a new studio album, who would you ideally like to see producing it and why?

Re: Who should produce new album?
Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 4, 2012 03:33

Billy Gibbons. He'd make a straight up guitar focused masterpiece.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: December 4, 2012 04:03

Gabe Roth - who has produced loads of soul for Daptone Records. Records in analogue and is full of soul

Jack White - yes, I know a lot of people on this board hate him, and frankly I am not a fan of much of his writing, but he 'gets' a sound that I think would work with the Stones and would both feel old and current at the same time

Danger Mouse - who? WTF? Has worked with a wide variety of people from Celo Green and Blur to The Black Keys. I like that he extracts the sound each band has, as opposed to making each record sound like it is his record, not the band's record

Going to sound even more bizarre....

Sheryl Crow - A woman? Pop? Listen to 'If It Makes You Happy', 'Favorite Mistake', 'Every Day Is A Winding Road'. I think she understands the Stones music and can maybe coax some riffs out of Keith and Ronnie.

Did I piss enough people off yet?

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 4, 2012 05:54

The Glimmer Twins. It seems that their best work was done when all the decisions on musical production and direction were made by those who wrote the songs. Too many cooks in the kitchen lead to too many side players on the concert stage.

Date: December 4, 2012 06:21

stonesnow
The Glimmer Twins. It seems that their best work was done when all the decisions on musical production and direction were made by those who wrote the songs. Too many cooks in the kitchen lead to too many side players on the concert stage.

So you're dismissing BEGGARS BANQUET, LET IT BLEED, STICKY FINGERS, EXILE ON MAIN STREET and GOATS HEAD SOUP. That's really something.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 4, 2012 10:58

there wont be a new album!!!
a live cd and 2 dvd;s, thats for sure, and oh yeah..............ONE Completely New Song.
charlie sings.
jeroen

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: December 4, 2012 10:59

Jack White - not the best song writer, bu we are talkin prosuction here, he'd be perfect for the Stones.

Keith with Steve JOrdan - I like the sound of Keef's solo albums

Rick Rubin - for what he did with Johnny Cash, might be interesting to hear what he could do with the Stones.

Don Was - he can do a safe production job, and that's OK for me...I really dont see why so many Stones fans hate him, I think he's OK

Posted by: jjf1965 ()
Date: December 4, 2012 11:30

CanĀ“t imagine there will be a new album.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 4, 2012 11:39

Danger Mouse could be a good choice; his Rome album, and what he did for Norah Jones, sonically are great.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 4, 2012 11:45

seitan
Jack White - not the best song writer, bu we are talkin prosuction here, he'd be perfect for the Stones.

Keith with Steve JOrdan - I like the sound of Keef's solo albums

Rick Rubin - for what he did with Johnny Cash, might be interesting to hear what he could do with the Stones.

Don Was - he can do a safe production job, and that's OK for me...I really dont see why so many Stones fans hate him, I think he's OK

I would say for what he did with MJ on Wandering Spirit! Maybe that was the last truly great Stones album...since Goats Head Soup of course.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 4, 2012 11:48

Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 4, 2012 12:25

Jack White, in my opinion an excellent song writer, too, and a real blues man (Balls and Bisquit).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-04 12:34 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 4, 2012 13:04

Jack White, based on ZZ Tops latest CD Rubin seems to have lost it. Unlikely they would ditch Don Was at this stage though. He seems to have improved anyway when you listen to D&G and OMS

Oh and there will be a new album, Mick told RS he wanted to record one, who's going to go against hat?

Date: December 4, 2012 13:09

gotdablouse
Jack White, based on ZZ Tops latest CD Rubin seems to have lost it. Unlikely they would ditch Don Was at this stage though. He seems to have improved anyway when you listen to D&G and OMS

Oh and there will be a new album, Mick told RS he wanted to record one, who's going to go against hat?

He said Eventually. That could also mean, in 5 years, maybe.
jeroen

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 4, 2012 13:21

Tony Visconti.

Date: December 4, 2012 13:30

Chuck will fix it...

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 4, 2012 15:45

jake white

Date: December 4, 2012 15:49

What new album?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 4, 2012 16:04

DandelionPowderman
Chuck will fix it...

Eeek.

Posted by: ripthisjoint908 ()
Date: December 4, 2012 16:11

Everyone on this board since we all know whats best for the band right? winking smiley

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: December 4, 2012 17:18

T-Bone Burnett

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 4, 2012 17:37

ripthisjoint908
Everyone on this board since we all know whats best for the band right? winking smiley

Most people on this board could have produced doom&gloom better by simply having Mick at a proportionate volume to the rest of the band instead of 20% louder than the band, and not running the guitars through a computer until they sounded totally compressed&generic would have been an easy call too.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 4, 2012 17:48

Jeff Lynne! I got all albums he has produced, and all of them is 4-5/5-albums....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 4, 2012 19:00

DandelionPowderman
Chuck will fix it...

It's about time for a keyboard based album. >grinning smiley<

Date: December 4, 2012 19:42

brian jones and ian stewart

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 4, 2012 19:47

Get Glynn and Andy Johns on board, book toe-rag studios and make a back to basics all analog recording.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 4, 2012 19:47

Bowie

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 4, 2012 20:00

The band picks.....

Mick: Dr.Luke
Keith: Sam Phillips
Ron: Keith & Mick
Charlie: Quincy Jones

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 4, 2012 20:08

RobertJohnson
Jack White, in my opinion an excellent song writer, too, and a real blues man (Balls and Bisquit).

What he did on Loretta Lynn's album was amazing.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 4, 2012 20:10

vudicus
Get Glynn and Andy Johns on board, book toe-rag studios and make a back to basics all analog recording.

Yes!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home