Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Doom And Gloom in the charts
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:03

The new song failed to make the Billboard Hot 100 or the Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart (101-125), it was a good chance to make the Hot 100 again and maybe their last, sadly the times have changed in the music industry.
The Stones' only reached the Hot 100 during 4 times since 1994 (Love Is Strong #91, Out Of Tears #60, Saint Of Me #94 and the SFTD remix #97) and the Bubbling Under chart with 2 songs (You Got Me Rocking #113 and Like a Rolling Stone #109).

The new single sold 17,650 digital copies last week and debuts at #92 there, the #1 digital song (Taylor Swift) has sold a whopping 415,885 copies while the whole Top 50 has sold over 40,000. Digital singles are bigger than ever while the albums sales are falling like a stone.

Billboard Digital Sales
#92 ROLLING STONES*THE DOOM AND GLOOM 17,650 0 17,650

Also the song debuts at #30 on Billboard's Rock Airplay Songs:
[www.billboard.com]
[www.billboard.biz]

And #17 on Rock Digital Singles:
[www.billboard.biz]

Re: Doom And Gloom in the charts
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:19

Other world debuts:

#38 Japan
#38 Spain
#44 France
#74 Canada

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:24

georgelicks
The new song failed to make the Billboard Hot 100 or the Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart (101-125), it was a good chance to make the Hot 100 again and maybe their last,

And, colletively, the IORR community responds:

Posted by: belld ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:25

georgelicks
Other world debuts:

#38 Japan
#38 Spain
#44 France
#74 Canada
Personal opinion a good track but evidence that they require the corporate obscene market to justify their reputation. Loads of money but no R and R substance. What next?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:30

Clear Channel funnels all the 'top' songs to the charts via payola. The Stones are simply not 'pop'. They're rocknroll and not currently 'relevant'. They are still an institution, and fans across the world would love to see them, but we're common folks for the most part...

Those of us on this board are hardcore fans (yes, all of us to varying degrees) but when we go to a Stones concert we see a broad spectrum of people. From 16-80s it is incredible to see the folks who go. First time I went I was 15 (1997) and went with my dad. A few rows down from us in better seats were some folks who HAD to be in their 70s, who were all in a row together. They obviously didn't stand at all, but they looked like they were having a good time.

The new track is great. It rocks. The 'beat' is different but those of us who love music (not just 69-72) love this track. Undercover was a good album. Emotional Rescue was underrated. This song would have kicked ass on either of those records.

I don't care about the charts, I care whether they put out a 'final' record. Even more importantly, if they are going to do a nostalgia tour, it better be more affordable than these 4 shows..

The track will always be around.

Date: October 19, 2012 01:32

flacnvinyl

The new track is great. It rocks. The 'beat' is different but those of us who love music (not just 69-72) love this track.

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 01:33 by Justin.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:40

Justin
flacnvinyl

The new track is great. It rocks. The 'beat' is different but those of us who love music (not just 69-72) love this track.

thumbs up

Aha I see - so that's the reason I don't care for the new single; I just don't love music in general, deeply enough. Now I know, thanks

Date: October 19, 2012 02:24

@Erik_Snow - I am NOT saying that anyone who dislikes the new track doesn't like music. My intention was just a friendly jab at everyone who thinks the Stones stopped being great somewhere in the early 70s.

Some folks act like the Stones are the only band around. They are certainly the greatest rocknroll band of all time, but there are plenty of other great bands on the map. Tame Impala just released the best album of year but if the Stones tried to do something like that (heavy psychedelic pop) fans on here would say it sucks purely based on the '72 vs '12 comparison. It gets tiresome.

Sorry you don't like the track. I don't like the ticket prices!

Date: October 19, 2012 02:36

Don't worry, Drake, I knew you weren't too serious there. Don't know about Justin though !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 02:42 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 19, 2012 02:49

I find frequently that my tone simply does not reach across the internet via text.

Anyone wanna have a massive Google+ hangout? That way we can have it all out face to face?

Date: October 19, 2012 03:01

flacnvinyl
Anyone wanna have a massive Google+ hangout? That way we can have it all out face to face?

haha..wow that would be nuts!

Date: October 19, 2012 03:08

flacnvinyl

It'll eventually lead to violence

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 03:51 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 19, 2012 10:24

I listen to it on Youtube, www.RollingStones.com etc. - why should I buy it?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 19, 2012 10:57

mtaylor
I listen to it on Youtube, www.RollingStones.com etc. - why should I buy it?

Exactly.

It's a puzzle.

The music industry today is weird.

I don't know how anyone makes money out of recordings (which is not altogether a bad thing).

People will always make good music out of love of making music. Forget trying to get rich.

In the past people were overpaid for something it took them 20 minutes to write anyway.

Date: October 19, 2012 11:07

flacnvinyl
@Erik_Snow - I am NOT saying that anyone who dislikes the new track doesn't like music. My intention was just a friendly jab at everyone who thinks the Stones stopped being great somewhere in the early 70s.

Some folks act like the Stones are the only band around. They are certainly the greatest rocknroll band of all time, but there are plenty of other great bands on the map. Tame Impala just released the best album of year but if the Stones tried to do something like that (heavy psychedelic pop) fans on here would say it sucks purely based on the '72 vs '12 comparison. It gets tiresome.

Sorry you don't like the track. I don't like the ticket prices!

thumbs up, really thumbs up!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home