Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No security
Posted by: mattty973 ()
Date: December 6, 2010 23:47

I can t find this on iTunes!! What is going on? I know many don t like the collection on this album but the sound is great! Where is it!!

Re: No security
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: December 7, 2010 00:05

I believe it may be out of print.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 7, 2010 00:14

In situations such as this, turn to bit torrent - you will get it there and it won't cost a penny.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 7, 2010 00:45

mattty973
I can t find this on iTunes!! What is going on? I know many don t like the collection on this album but the sound is great! Where is it!!

isn't it in your cd collection? winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: December 7, 2010 00:46

Respectable on No Security is perfection.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: December 7, 2010 03:46

Thanks God mine is in my Stones' CD Case.
I enjoy a lot this CD.
Love the intro since remains me of my very first Stones concert (Miami, 1997).
You Got Me Rocking combines perfectly with the intro.
Gimme Shelter version is great for me.
Out of Control is simply superb...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 9, 2010 15:09

I must admit it was a great tour, but I rarely ever listen to this one. WHy I don't know perhaps because it really doesn't feel like a live album.....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 9, 2010 18:11

Dreadful album, should have stayed in the vault....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 9, 2010 18:21

I liked the album a lot and still listen to it a good bit. It's interesting in that it has no war horses on it and the band sounds pretty good considering the era.

And FOUR new songs on it.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 9, 2010 18:27

ablett
Dreadful album, should have stayed in the vault....

Thank you very much for this precious contribution to this thread

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 9, 2010 18:35

Sorry if you don't agree. No Security and Live Licks were awful and do nothing to the Stones legacy.

Sister Morphine? Dreadful version.

These CD's were a cheap cash in at the end of the tours.....

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 9, 2010 18:43

The album is very good, but like so many Stones projects it could have been better. I simply hate the "lame duck" version of The Last Time. Should have been replaced by one of the tour highlights - the uptempo version of Little Queenie. Corina is a bore. A live version of Shes A Rainbow from that tour would have been killer in comparison. The japanese version has I Just Want To Make Love To You as a bonus track, so I never listen to the european version.
A live Crazy Mama from the tour would also have been great. So many great material to choose from, and such a relatively disappointing end result!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 9, 2010 18:48

alimente
The album is very good, but like so many Stones projects it could have been better. I simply hate the "lame duck" version of The Last Time. Should have been replaced by one of the tour highlights - the uptempo version of Little Queenie. Corina is a bore. A live version of Shes A Rainbow from that tour would have been killer in comparison. The japanese version has I Just Want To Make Love To You as a bonus track, so I never listen to the european version.
A live Crazy Mama from the tour would also have been great. So many great material to choose from, and such a relatively disappointing end result!

that's my basic summation, as well. LQ was the singular tour highlight, but i gather since it exists on ya-ya's, it was a no-show. i liked the last time on it, though. for such a great live band over the decades, they should haven't represented themselves well with live albums. a toast to the bootleggers out there!

Date: December 9, 2010 18:59

"they should haven't represented themselves well with live albums"

Its simply an amazing fact as well.....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 9, 2010 19:00

"Corrina is a bore"
imho it's fantastic.

Date: December 9, 2010 19:03

I didn't get to see the Bridges tour or the Licks tour so as bad as you might think these two live albums are they're BETTER THAN NOTHING for some people. At least, that's one way to look at it.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: December 9, 2010 19:05

The only truly bad thing about this album is that idiot that ruins Memory Motel.

Date: December 9, 2010 19:06

HA HA! HIGHLY agreed!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 9, 2010 20:44

The mystery is why such a rare and wonderful tour should be represented by this admittedly uneven album. I've attended Stones concerts since '78, and the No Security date in '99 is at the absolute top of the list.

Date: December 9, 2010 22:06

"I didn't get to see the Bridges tour or the Licks tour so as bad as you might think these two live albums are they're BETTER THAN NOTHING for some people."

I love it when the CAPS LoCk gets stuck....

I'm not doubting it was a souvenir of the tour. It's just that a better product could have been achieved?

Try Japan 90 for one. Far superior to Flashpoint. I just think those two albums were very poor products from a great band....

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 10, 2010 01:10

ablett

I'm not doubting it was a souvenir of the tour. It's just that a better product could have been achieved?

Try Japan 90 for one. Far superior to Flashpoint. I just think those two albums were very poor products from a great band....

I agree with you concerning Flashpoint,it´s the weakest official live album in my opinion.

No Security I always liked ....and of course a better product could´ve been achieved.

But isn´t that true for any Stones live album following ya ya´s ?

Date: December 10, 2010 01:30

The only good thing about Flashpoint is Start Me Up.

No, my caps didn't get locked - I just wanted you to be aware of what I was saying clearly, which was just that. And it worked, ha ha. Even if it isn't as good as it could have been, it's better than nothing for people who wished they could have seen them on tour. And at least it's not full of tired old warhorses. There are some rather duds on it, yes, but overall it's quite an enjoyable live album.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 10, 2010 01:50

I always felt that the song choices didn't flow too easily. A bit choppy and abrupt changes with very little to simulate a live experience. They were definitely just excerpts from the tour. They could have easily filled out the track listing a bit more to give it less of a "we just slapped this together in 5 minutes" feel.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 10, 2010 02:07

24FPS
The mystery is why such a rare and wonderful tour should be represented by this admittedly uneven album. I've attended Stones concerts since '78, and the No Security date in '99 is at the absolute top of the list.

..but this album doesnt come from that tour. Its from the BTB tour of 97-98.

Its the only Stones live album post-1982 (apart from Stripped) which is worth listening to more than a couple of times.

At least the made the deliberate decision to exclude any songs that had been on live albums released within the previous 20 years.

'Memory Motel' is the biggest disappointment on it (they did several wonderful live versions, but Matthews' contribution on this version gives me hives) but its more than compensated by some superb performances, such as 'Respectable', 'Saint of Me' and the tour de force that is 'Out of Control'.

Date: December 10, 2010 02:12

Isn't there an edit/cut at the end of Out of Control at 6:20? Out of Control being one of my favorite tracks, I definitely noticed a weird flow at that mark. Not sure how much time they were really saving by making that snip...

Date: December 10, 2010 02:48

i'm in the distinct minority of those who actually think dave matthews added to, not detracted from, memory motel. i love it when that happens.

Date: December 10, 2010 02:58

Same here, StonesTod. Always read the flack he got on the various boards about the job he did but never understood it.

Date: December 10, 2010 03:12

Justin
Same here, StonesTod. Always read the flack he got on the various boards about the job he did but never understood it.

he's got that so-cool voice and it fits in PERFECTLY on the song - right between keef and mick....not everyone can be expected to understand coolness....

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: December 10, 2010 11:21

i agree with those who are of the opinion that is the best post-1982 life albums of the stones (excepting Stripped). very good choice of songs, 4 songs of their most recent album, and in general very interesting versions of the songs; i especially like The last time (cant understand why some of you consider it "lame"), Out of control, Flip the switch and You got me rocking....

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: December 10, 2010 12:51

wandering spirit
i agree with those who are of the opinion that is the best post-1982 life albums of the stones (excepting Stripped). very good choice of songs, 4 songs of their most recent album, and in general very interesting versions of the songs; i especially like The last time (cant understand why some of you consider it "lame"), Out of control, Flip the switch and You got me rocking....

The Last Time isn't as good as it could be because the beat is straight 4/4 rythmically. The original has a swing/shuffle groove that suits the song much better. Wonder why they (Charlie) changed that.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1681
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home