Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: OT - Prince William announces engagement.
Posted by: praline ()
Date: November 17, 2010 12:42

What's the problem with a commoner ? Eglish Royal families in history, have always been made of foreigners, which is worst in a sense. (Germans, French(?), and others as well).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 17, 2010 14:08

Stoneage
She looks good though, at least from the side! Will she become a Princess now?

Not until she's married. And Queen Consort when he becomes King.

Stoneage

It has always surprised how many stunningly beautiful british women there are: Lena Heady (Irish is she?), Sienna Guillory, Saffron Burrows, Kristin Scott Thomas, Kelly Macdonald (Scottish?) to name a few .Mick was right with the phrase "English girls are so pretty..".

Really? There are about 30 million of them, and you're surprised that a few are worth looking at? What were ypu expecting? A nation of toothless harridans?

Stoneage

Mick was right with the phrase "English girls are so pretty..".

'Prissy'.

Date: November 17, 2010 14:11

Green Lady
murray451
You're all missing the point. The announcement is to take the mind of the British people off the fact that our country is £45 billion in debt.........,

- and the argument about how much should be spent on a royal wedding when the country is £45 billion in debt will rage from now until we all die of boredom.

The counter-argument (also tiresome, equally relevant but probably true) that it'll be offset by the amount of revenue from tourism, ,merchandise etc has already started!

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: November 17, 2010 14:22

I saw them interviewed together the other day for the first time and they looked very happy. Best of luck to them.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 17, 2010 14:35

Gazza

Stoneage
It has always surprised how many stunningly beautiful british women there are: Lena Heady (Irish is she?), Sienna Guillory, Saffron Burrows, Kristin Scott Thomas, Kelly Macdonald (Scottish?) to name a few .Mick was right with the phrase "English girls are so pretty..".

Really? There are about 30 million of them, and you're surprised that a few are worth looking at? What were you expecting? A nation of toothless harridans?

Nice one Gazza, I almost spit out my coffee. Unfortunately, that is how the media and hollywood portrays the English ladies to some extent.

I can't get the image of Nanny McPhee out of my mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-17 14:37 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 17, 2010 14:42

I doubt the UK's public debt has been as low as 45billion quid since before World War 2. Im not sure 450 billion is high enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-17 14:42 by studiorambo.

Date: November 17, 2010 14:44

Here is Steven Cobert's take on the news:

video: [www.colbertnation.com]

Date: November 17, 2010 14:53

Well, I think it's great. I shall become a Street Fighting Man if the left-wing elite ever succeed in ending 110 years of uninterrupted constitutional monarchy in my country. The day this country can provide for itself an office the equal of the Monarchy in handling the reserve powers, I shall be shocked.

Date: November 17, 2010 15:29

studiorambo
I doubt the UK's public debt has been as low as 45billion quid since before World War 2. Im not sure 450 billion is high enough.

The question that is never asked is: where is that money. The answer is: interests paid to banks when UK borrows money. And since the 70s, countries borrow money to private markets and pay back huge interests (actually 90% of the debt is interests).

It's not a problem of retirement age, or public expenses. It's a problem of reinstating national independant bank, rather than European treatees forcing us to feed private banks.

Date: November 17, 2010 15:49

I think most of the Uk's public debt is in the form of gilts issued directly into the market. No banks required.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 17, 2010 16:06

I find that I sound very mean and grumpy in my previous post - I'm not an anti-monarchist and I wish William and Kate a long and happy life together. It's just that the media will now get so obsessed with every last detail (and expect all of us to be obsessed too) to the exclusion of any real news short of the end of the world, that like Christmas, by the time it actually happens we'll all be sick to death of all the hoo-hah!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 17, 2010 17:03

Trix will be there.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 17, 2010 17:07

Gazza
A bit of a fuss over nothing.

Like this thread and whoever the Prince William guy is. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 17, 2010 17:18

Nothing to do with that. We made a revolution in France... and revolution is rock'n'roll.

Date: November 17, 2010 18:05

aprilfool
Nothing to do with that. We made a revolution in France...

Yes, English did it 150 years before.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 17, 2010 18:46

praline
aprilfool
Nothing to do with that. We made a revolution in France...

Yes, English did it 150 years before.

And what is the result?

Date: November 17, 2010 18:53

A Parliament.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 17, 2010 19:00

He proposed at a lake at the top of Mt. Kenya and he gave her his Mom's sapphire as engagement ring.. ...Maybe it will be at westminster abbey where Keith's voice has already sang Handel's Messiah when he was just 9...

Happy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-17 19:03 by tumbled.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: November 17, 2010 19:10

I was surprised at how excited my wife is about the whole thing. Women really like that stuff.

They interviewed Prince Charles and he seemed to be totally out of it. Guess he's not the right person to offer advice.

Date: November 17, 2010 19:25

gimmelittledrink
I was surprised at how excited my wife is about the whole thing. Women really like that stuff.

You just figured that out?

I think women are really the only ones who actually WANT to get married. Men just go along for the cause and to make their woman happy. But we know how these things usually end.

Am I wrong fella's? Are weddings more a festive event for the bride? I don't know many men who sit around thinking boy I want a big wedding.

Date: November 17, 2010 19:31

The Sicilian
gimmelittledrink

You just figured that out?

I think women are really the only ones who actually WANT to get married.

And homosexuals.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 17, 2010 23:35

Gazza: I didn't mean to be sarcastic! I really meant what I said: there are some very beautiful looking british girls out there. I can't speak for all of them though! I never said anything about Hollywood. I used to have some american channels on my cable-TV, what struck me was the fact that so many of them (american tv-Women) were false blondes!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 17, 2010 23:47

Its very romantic and to be so young and have your whole life out in front of you together....sigh love is good

Date: November 17, 2010 23:49

Seem to have a problem pasting quotes and making space between texts. Hopefully I will master this someday?

Date: November 18, 2010 00:49

Stoneage
Gazza: I didn't mean to be sarcastic!

I know..LOL..I was teasing.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 18, 2010 01:42

...good luck to the couple...perhaps Mick will play at the nupitals

Date: November 18, 2010 01:48

Rip This
...good luck to the couple...perhaps Mick will play at the nupitals

If Mick did that, I'm sure Keith wouldn't hesitate to show him the blade!

Date: November 18, 2010 03:37

This is getting wall to wall coverage on all networks over here in the States. As I watch the hockey game now (Sabres vs. Capitols) I think the "E" show already has a biography on the two.

A close second to Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp in the new movie filmed in Venice called the "Tourist" opening on Dec. 10th.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 18, 2010 07:16

We can't get enough of the Royal Wedding downhere in NZ..a few Newspapers have gone as far as calling it.. The Wedding of the Century..considering there will be another 89 years before we see this century out they might just be getting a bit of ahead of themselves ya' reckon..yea'..smileys with beer

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 18, 2010 08:36

Johnny Rotten wishes them well.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1931
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10