Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live archives?
Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 21, 2010 09:42

Do we think that the Stones have a better balanced complete in-line recording from the LA Forum in 1975? It would be interesting to know what they do and do not have in the vaults. As a big Elvis fan, there is near complete knowledge of what shows were and weren't captured from the desk, with the unknown element being which tapes the record company has in it's possession.

Re: Live archives?
Date: November 21, 2010 09:47

I thought I might add, does anyone find it slightly painful to not hear the other guitar playing the alternating chords during the intro of Brown Sugar as on the 1973 recordings? I'm not one to get into the Woody v. Taylor argument, I like them both, but after the Brussels recordings, my ears want the two guitar opening...they're practically screaming out for it during the LA Forum 1975 recordings.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 21, 2010 18:09

I've read here that the Stones have recorded every show since 1969...except for the tribute to Stu.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 21, 2010 18:25

I have been told by a very reliable source that has never let me down that a pro video of the Stu 100 show exists as they have seen excerpts from it but the asking price was too high. This person was spot on with advance knowlege of the flood of 1989 and 1981 sbs that appeared a few years back. I have no reason to doubt them but of course I cant prove it!

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 21, 2010 18:26

It would be great if video from that show exists, a great setlist and guests for that one.

Date: November 21, 2010 18:58

It sure would, especially with all those great songs that Stu loved. Many probably not performed since the mid 60s, maybe?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 21, 2010 23:16

'....with the unknown element being which tapes the record company has in it's possession.' - studiorambo

Would a record company have those tapes, or the Stones entity? They've gone through quite a few record companies since 1969. Who 'owns' live recordings? I would think whatever corporation the group set up for each tour would own them. Of course the songs are copyrighted individually, but the actual live recordings seems rather nebulous. Maybe there's a standard way these things are handled. I'd like to know if someone out there understands the legal intricacies.

Date: November 22, 2010 01:07

Well yes you're right. The Stones business arrangements are quite different to Elvis's.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: November 22, 2010 02:11

Hey, speaking of the Stu tribute show - I haven't read about that in quite some time. Does anybody remember what they played? Or a general review what it was like, even?

Date: November 22, 2010 02:28

Heres what the complete works says (although unverified)

860223A 23rd February: THE ROLLING STONES & FRIENDS. London, 100 Club.
Concert in tribute to the late Ian Stewart (STU). All songs unverified.
- Route 66 (Bobby Troup)
- Down The Road Apiece (Tony Raye)
- Key To The Highway (William Broonzy/Charles Segar)
- Confessin’ The Blues (Walter Brown/Jay McShann)
- Mannish Boy (Mel London/Ellas McDaniel/McKinley Morganfield)
- Bye Bye Johnny (Chuck Berry)
- Harlem Shuffle (Bob Relf/Ernest Nelson)
[- Just Another Night (MJ) -broken off, probably Jeff Beck alone]
- Little Red Rooster (Willie Dixon)
- Down In The Bottom (Willie Dixon)
- Dust My Blues (Elmore James)
- Little Queenie (Chuck Berry)
Musicians: The Rolling Stones partly with Eric Clapton (gtr)/Jeff Beck (gtr)/Simon
Kirke (dr)/Pete Townshend (gtr)/Jack Bruce (bass)/Chuck Leavell (keyb)

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: November 22, 2010 02:38

thanks scottkeef. wow, guess I had forgotten they played none of their originals (though many were songs they made their own).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home