Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: James McCartney Delivers Excellent Performance On David Letterman Show!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 1, 2012 02:21

Wow! What a performance! What a song! Loved it! Loved him! Had to fight back tears throughout the evening. Seeing George Martin and Dhani together in the studio and then James performance last night was just too much for one day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 22:56 by stonescrow.

Re: OT: James McCartney Delivers Emotional Performance On David Letterman Show!
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 02:41

Nice song:

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 1, 2012 02:48

VERY nice. Thanks for posting.

Date: February 1, 2012 03:06

Yeah a nice bright pop song. He has a very nice voice.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 1, 2012 08:13

How odd. I don't remember seeing a picture of him before, and he shows up looking like his pop, if his pop had really bad hair. The song was lovely but he kept singing some lyrics about all the hard times he's had. Is this so? Did he not find out he was the son of a Beatle until last week? And unlike Julian, he got to grow up in a happy, stable world with his dad giving a shit? It was very surreal.

Date: February 1, 2012 08:20

Actually, from what I have read James did have a hard time of it. He was massively insecure that people only wanted to know him because of his family name. He also was somewhat of a recluse and there were hints of depression. During Paul's marriage with Heather him and Paul had a falling out (they were very close previously). Then after the divorce they patched up and James was Paul's best man at his recent wedding. So James didn't lack or need for anything, but seems to have had some emotional struggles.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: February 1, 2012 08:28

Yes, James looks like his dad but doesn't really sound much like him. Paul has a much stronger voice.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 1, 2012 12:54

24FPS
How odd. I don't remember seeing a picture of him before, and he shows up looking like his pop, if his pop had really bad hair. The song was lovely but he kept singing some lyrics about all the hard times he's had. Is this so? Did he not find out he was the son of a Beatle until last week? And unlike Julian, he got to grow up in a happy, stable world with his dad giving a shit? It was very surreal.

Have a little compassion, will you? He's 34 and he's BALD. Hard times indeed!

Date: February 1, 2012 12:57

Good band, good voice, boring song.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 1, 2012 13:13

24FPS
The song was lovely but he kept singing some lyrics about all the hard times he's had. Is this so? Did he not find out he was the son of a Beatle until last week? And unlike Julian, he got to grow up in a happy, stable world with his dad giving a shit? It was very surreal.

Mother diagnosed with cancer when he was 18, died when he was 22? Father later married a twit?

Posted by: howled ()
Date: February 1, 2012 14:21

I think he looks more like his Mother.

Not a bad song and delivered quite well.

Paul has written and sung worse songs than this one.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 1, 2012 14:41

None of the sons of The Beatles has matched up to their father,and not realy surprising.The Beatles and The Stones were the ultimate pop stars in the '60's. Zac Starkey has done realy well with The Who and the rest are quite mediocre in my opinion. Would go and see 'em play down my local music pub mainly 'cos they are a son of a Beatle. winking smiley

Date: February 1, 2012 14:41

When Paul was James's age, his current hit was "Silly Love Songs". In other words, all of his best work was already behind him. All of it. If James had any great talent, it would have manifested itself a long time ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 14:42 by tatters.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: February 1, 2012 18:31

24FPS
The song was lovely but he kept singing some lyrics about all the hard times he's had.

Who's to say (besides James o' course) if the song is autobiographical or not? God forbid if we took Mick at his word about what he's done in "Midnight Rambler."

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 1, 2012 18:40

tatters
When Paul was James's age, his current hit was "Silly Love Songs". In other words, all of his best work was already behind him. All of it. If James had any great talent, it would have manifested itself a long time ago.

Hard to argue with that.

Maybe if he teamed up with Sean and Dhani... lol.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: February 1, 2012 18:45

I've heard he has dealed with depression and other personal issues. Just because you've got a rich familiy, doesn't mean you're not having hard times. Also, Paul insisted that his children had to grow up doing 'normal' things, which means public school, summer camps, dish-washing etc.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 1, 2012 20:46

Blueranger
I've heard he has dealed with depression and other personal issues. Just because you've got a rich familiy, doesn't mean you're not having hard times. Also, Paul insisted that his children had to grow up doing 'normal' things, which means public school, summer camps, dish-washing etc.

Doesn't the term "public school" in Britain actually mean what is defined as "private school" in the U.S.?

Re: Letterman appearance. Frankly, I don't think his performance was "emotional" or even very good. His facial resemblance to his father is uncanny. I imagine that he and the other Beatle sons could have quite a conversation about growing up in the shadow of their legendary dads.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 1, 2012 21:52

DandelionPowderman
Good band, good voice, boring song.

I was going to dis the whole thing until I saw your comment and I have to just agree with it. I was hoping it was Angel by Jimi too, that would have set the world on fire. Too bad he chose this tune. peace

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 1, 2012 21:57

stonescrow
James McCartney Delivers Emotional Performance On David Letterman Show!

Well...emotional for just you, yes? James couldn't have been more reserved during and after his performance.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:01

loog droog
Blueranger

Doesn't the term "public school" in Britain actually mean what is defined as "private school" in the U.S.?

Re: Letterman appearance. Frankly, I don't think his performance was "emotional" or even very good. His facial resemblance to his father is uncanny. I imagine that he and the other Beatle sons could have quite a conversation about growing up in the shadow of their legendary dads.

Paul made sure his kids received the same kind of state schooling that he had i.e. free and not private education. Good on him for that. James looks a decent enough bloke. His eyes are uncannily like Paul's.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:05

His voice may not be exaclty like Paul's but his voice does resemble his a bit when he hits those high notes.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:19

Justin
James couldn't have been more reserved during and after his performance.

Agree. His dad could coach him on being more comfortable/animated in front of a camera & audience. Not to nitpick, just sayin'.

Who can tell how James' talent (or anyone's) could be developed if he had the kind of internship that Paul had, playing to tough German audiences for hours every night. And/or if he had met a worthy nemesis like John Lennon to sharpen his songwriting.

Date: February 1, 2012 22:32

Justin
stonescrow
James McCartney Delivers Emotional Performance On David Letterman Show!

Well...emotional for just you, yes? James couldn't have been more reserved during and after his performance.

True. I thought the song had heart. He is a very humble and likeable kid. His career is just taking off. I am looking forward to following his development.

Date: February 1, 2012 22:46

Claire_M
Justin
James couldn't have been more reserved during and after his performance.

Agree. His dad could coach him on being more comfortable/animated in front of a camera & audience. Not to nitpick, just sayin'.

Who can tell how James' talent (or anyone's) could be developed if he had the kind of internship that Paul had, playing to tough German audiences for hours every night. And/or if he had met a worthy nemesis like John Lennon to sharpen his songwriting.

Lock him in a room with Sean? It worked for Mick and Keith.

Date: February 1, 2012 22:52

tatters

His career is just taking off. He is only going to get better.

Date: February 2, 2012 02:20

tatters

Well again that is personal opinion. I don't think McCartney's best work was behind him. Electric Arguments, Chaos and Creation, Flaming Pie, Memory Almost Full, Driving Rain. A great run of some of his best stuff. Especially Electric Arguments. James' talent, while not in the league of his father, is there. The fact is that his emotional and personal problems kept him out of the lime light and he just now reaching an emotional stage where he feels like pushing himself and presenting his music.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 2, 2012 02:32

tatters
24FPS

Ignorant, stupid post. Let's see a pic of yourself tatters.

Re: OT: James McCartney Delivers Excellent Performance On David Letterman Show!
Date: February 2, 2012 02:51

Well aparently his concerts arent selling out, I received an email today offering me comp tickets for his show in NYC tonight at Rockwood Music Hall. I could of had free admission, and I'm sitting here at home on the computer instead. It didnt seem worth the trouble to travel into the city, be stuck in traffic, pay for expensive parking lot fees, etc and not be sure that I would enjoy his show. I dont think he has much of a following. It must be difficult growing up in your fathers footsteps, knowing you can never quite fill his shoes.

Date: February 2, 2012 03:25

More Hot Rocks
tatters
24FPS

Ignorant, stupid post. Let's see a pic of yourself tatters.

Re: OT: James McCartney Delivers Excellent Performance On David Letterman Show!
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 2, 2012 03:47

His eyes remind me of his father. But the fighting back tears? For what?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home