Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: James McCartney Delivers Excellent Performance On David Letterman Show!
Date: February 2, 2012 19:39

He has another gig at The Wonder Bar in Asbury Park, NJ tomorrow night. Its a dive bar and the tickets are only $15.00 ~ humiliating or wtf?

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: February 2, 2012 19:43

Roger Friedman wrote a nice little article about James:
On stage he is shy, which he can work on. He talks, but he’s still tentative. A few self deprecating Beatles jokes would loosen things up. I did ask him why he waited so so long to get his career started. His answer was thoughtful. “First, the loss of my mother was a lot,” he said, which was incredibly disarming. Linda McCartney’s death was tragic. “And then I wanted to be ready”–and not half baked. And guess what? He is. Nicely done.

[www.showbiz411.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 3, 2012 03:23

The only reason I could ever think to go see him is the long-shot possibility that Dad may show up.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 3, 2012 04:28

I watched it on TV the old-fashioned way, and was impressed with both the over-all sound and the composition. Ringo was on the L.A. radio show "Breakfast with the Beatles" last Sunday and he commented to the host how they were both at James McCartney's recent L.A. club gig. So, cool that Ringo was in the club audience.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 3, 2012 21:49

tatters
The only reason I could ever think to go see him is the long-shot possibility that Dad may show up.

So you will be in attendance for the Beatles family reunion concert in 2014?

Date: February 4, 2012 01:06

stonescrow
tatters

So you will be in attendance for the Beatles family reunion concert in 2014?

No. What I'm saying is that if James was playing at the little bar just down the street from my house, it would be very hard to not go because I would hate to wake up the next morning and find out that the impossible had happened (Dad showed up) and I had missed it. So I would go, the show would suck, there would be no Dad, and I'd be left thinking "What the @#$%& did I come to this thing for?"

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 4, 2012 02:48

His performance on Letterman wasn't awful, but it was neither emotional or excellent.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but to gush over this appearance, which was at best average-- is letting fan-boy enthusiasm for the father morph into something totally delusional.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: February 4, 2012 03:43

i know some mates who used to play with him a while back as his 'backing band' said he's coasting on his dads tails and had nothing really to bring to the equation as it were, i myself having not been there just pass on these words

Date: February 4, 2012 03:47

He is as good now as he will ever be. Ditto all other sons of Beatles.

Date: February 4, 2012 16:18

loog droog
His performance on Letterman wasn't awful, but it was neither emotional or excellent.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but to gush over this appearance, which was at best average-- is letting fan-boy enthusiasm for the father morph into something totally delusional.

I suggest Tris McCall's review for his NYC club debut. Just another opinion.

Date: February 4, 2012 16:34

tatters

I like the fact that they are getting the solo stuff out of their systems first. It was just the opposite with their fathers. Maybe some kind of Beatles family reunion will open the door for them to get together sometime in the future and make music together just like their fathers did. If John had lived I am certain the Beatles would have gotten back together at some point. Probably sometime in the 80's or 90's.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 4, 2012 18:57

I hope he will stick to his day job...if he has one.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:06

seitan
I hope he will stick to his day job...if he has one.

His future is in the music business. Probably go solo until he is joined by some of the other sons of the Beatles some day.

Date: February 4, 2012 23:34

stonescrow
tatters

I like the fact that they are getting the solo stuff out of their systems first. It was just the opposite with their fathers. Maybe some kind of Beatles family reunion will open the door for them to get together sometime in the future and make music together just like their fathers did. If John had lived I am certain the Beatles would have gotten back together at some point. Probably sometime in the 80's or 90's.

I'm not at all certain of that. Have you ever gone to one of your high school or college reunions? I never have, and I probably never will.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:59

tatters
stonescrow
tatters

I'm not at all certain of that. Have you ever gone to one of your high school or college reunions? I never have, and I probably never will.

I just recently went for the first time. It allowed me to re-comnect with some old friends. We are now closer than we ever were. It doesn't always works that way though. As far as the Beatles go, we will never truly know. JUst a hunch on my part. Wish they had stayed together in the first place but it wasn't meant to be.

Date: April 16, 2012 02:17

I'll bet Paul wonders how in the world he could ever have had such a funny looking kid, being the "cute" one, and all.

Date: April 16, 2012 03:45

tatters
I'll bet Paul wonders how in the world he could ever have had such a funny looking kid, being the "cute" one, and all.

James is a good looking young man with a heart of gold. Like Paul, he understands how important he is to people.

Date: April 16, 2012 04:56

stonescrow
tatters

James is a good looking young man with a heart of gold. Like Paul, he understands how important he is to people.

He is important to no one except his father, his sisters, and you.

Date: April 16, 2012 05:10

tatters
stonescrow
tatters

He is important to no one except his father, his sisters, and you.

And of course all those that show up to see him on his United States tour next month. His popularity is growing leaps and bounds. Check him out on Facebook.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1665
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home