Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 35
Re: Keith Richards' autobiography Life - reviews and comments
Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 21:12

texas fan
Mary, I listen to you. I don't always agree, but most days I enjoy your tireless defense of Mick. It's sweet.

And ridiculous. And sorta sad.

A monkey in the cupboard trumps the lion in the attic every time.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 20, 2010 21:59

proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
proudmary
phd
Thanks for the critics of The Guardian. Agree, it's one of the best. Serious papers mean usually serious job.

Thanks for thanks. It's nice to have feedback. Sometimes I have the feeling that I post just for myself and nobody pays attention, you know what I mean?
Whether somebody quotes you or not. Plenty of lurkers out there reading always.eye popping smiley

maybe you're right. But like Palace Revolution put it - "Many posters are posting into the wind. Lately many, many threads end up being selective privatized conversations". I agree with him

You are right. Thanks to the Guardian and...Keith.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: December 21, 2010 14:46

To MJG196,Why do you called this riduculous?Is Keith you,re father or something?
Everything Keith come up with,all thrut?The man has been a junkiee for nearly25-30 years,and hi,s suppose to remember eveything,what a lurk you are.
The man is a myth,and he is hiding there.He can,t play guitar anymore.He is totally empty these days,and has been for many years now.So why are you calling Proudmary ridiculous?Has,nt she the right too post it?

Date: December 21, 2010 16:18

harlem shuffle
To MJG196,Why do you called this riduculous?Is Keith you,re father or something?
Everything Keith come up with,all thrut?The man has been a junkiee for nearly25-30 years,and hi,s suppose to remember eveything,what a lurk you are.
The man is a myth,and he is hiding there.He can,t play guitar anymore.He is totally empty these days,and has been for many years now.So why are you calling Proudmary ridiculous?Has,nt she the right too post it?

Well, normally I may get offended if someone called me a name, but I really don't know what a "lurk" is.

I think everyone is quite aware Keith hasn't been a junkie for many, many, years, but even so, how do you know what a former junkie can or can't remember? Are you an expert in the field? Are you a drug counselor or a research assistant or something?

Also, you are completely contradicting yourself by getting pissed at me for calling someone ridiculous! What you are saying, is that I should not tell someone they are ridiculous because I am being ridiculous.

All that said - and back to the real point of your post - everyone has every right to post whatever they want. MY point was, these guys are pushing 70 years old and have made some of the greatest music of all time. Do any of them really need someone on the internet "defending" their good names (or bad names as the case may be)? They could give a shit.

I always find it sort of sad when fans cross that line and begin to feel they "know" a celebrity. Even worse, they feel the need to "defend" them against insults or some other negativity. That was the point of MY post. Take it for what it's worth.

I look forward to your future posts a) defending people who don't know you, b) defending people who don't give a shit about you, and c) criticizing people you know nothing about.

Cheers!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 21, 2010 17:51

MJG196
criticizing people you know nothing about
normally I may get offended if someone called me a name

But I see it's ok when you criticize people you know nothing about and try to offend me calling riduculous? These are double standards
I think we're here all kinda sorrow cases and quite unmature(and even stupid) for obvious reason - so what? I'm having fun mostly
Btw, you are right in one -I don't give a shit about you

Date: December 22, 2010 00:52

proudmary
MJG196
criticizing people you know nothing about
normally I may get offended if someone called me a name

But I see it's ok when you criticize people you know nothing about and try to offend me calling riduculous? These are double standards
I think we're here all kinda sorrow cases and quite unmature(and even stupid) for obvious reason - so what? I'm having fun mostly
Btw, you are right in one -I don't give a shit about you

I'm not sure what "sorrow case" or "unmature" are. My Google translator can't figure it out either. You're being a "riduculous idiot.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: December 22, 2010 01:08

Expert in drugs behavioure,yes i am.
Lots of friends died of drugs over the years,some is still alive for the moment.
Here we are talkin about keith,s memories from the whole life.
I am pretty shore about one thing.
His memory,s from 1968-85 is no good,so asslickers like you believe everything the man said.
Reading his book.He sort of take credit for everything the stones have done.
Almost all credit.I am so pissed to read and hear that shit,i almost puke.
So people like you can get stuffed in Madame Tusseads museum,and stay there with YOU,RE HERO KEITH THE MAN

Date: December 22, 2010 01:39

harlem shuffle
Expert in drugs behavioure,yes i am.
Lots of friends died of drugs over the years,some is still alive for the moment.
Here we are talkin about keith,s memories from the whole life.
I am pretty shore about one thing.
His memory,s from 1968-85 is no good,so asslickers like you believe everything the man said.
Reading his book.He sort of take credit for everything the stones have done.
Almost all credit.I am so pissed to read and hear that shit,i almost puke.
So people like you can get stuffed in Madame Tusseads museum,and stay there with YOU,RE HERO KEITH THE MAN

I never EVER commented on whether Keef was telling the truth or not. Find where I did, and I'll give you some more of that stuff you're obviously popping. You're obviously a pretty angry person - in addition to not being able to read well. Too bad for you.

Date: December 22, 2010 09:36

MJG196
You're right - sorry case, my fault. I've edited it.
As for "unmature" - that's written in the Urban dictionary- "It means the same thing as immature, just this way of saying/spelling it is so much better". But as English is not my native language I prefer to listen to native speakers.
In the future I will try to write correctly.
Concerning all the rest - you're being troll and I don't give a shit about you

Date: December 22, 2010 15:20

proudmary
Concerning all the rest - you're being troll and I don't give a shit about you

If you don't give a shit, why do you keep responding? Just ignore me.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 24, 2010 15:32

I personally find the outlaw braggadocio to be really childish and even contemptible. Maybe because I've grown older (grown up), maybe because times have changed and I've seen the harm hard drugs do to users and the fabric of society, but I don't think it's admirable to take the outlaw stance on behalf of drug use. Yes, the Stones were persecuted in the 60s and this gives them reason to dislike and distrust the law, but I do not share or admire Keith's evident enjoyment of cops-and-robbers games. And so this large aspect of the book did not appeal to me.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 24, 2010 16:27

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-24 16:28 by Bitches Brew.

That's 'Life' ?
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 21, 2010 21:30

Who here thinks that "Life" may have been the final wrench in the engine - the blade that broke the camel's back and made it all but impossible to sit in a room again to start planning a tour? Or at this stage of the game does a book like that simply get dismissed by those who know Keith best as just a load of Keith's usual blather?

Re: That's 'Life' ?
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 21, 2010 21:33

Blather Chris, the book won't affect any plans I'm sure of that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 21, 2010 21:39

The latter.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 21, 2010 21:47

mick won't wanna go out and make a few more million cos his little feelings got hurt? think again....

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: December 21, 2010 22:01

Mick doesn't like when another one has success. Remember when Bill had a hit with "si si je suis une rock star".

Date: December 21, 2010 22:01

aprilfool
Mick doesn't like when another one has success. Remember when Bill had a hit with "si si je suis une rock star".

What harm did that do?

Date: December 21, 2010 22:07

Do you need a pair of glasses. Mick think to be the only one, the leader. This is not his period and he doesn't love that. That's all? Perhaps I'm not right but it's a possibility.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 21, 2010 22:18

tough question HB...cuz even though their relationship has been in this state for
years (maybe decades)....now Keith's blatherings are undeniable....printed in his
own autobiography for everyone to see. The todger comments (and everything else)
will be there forever.

here's an anology...let's say you catch your girlfriend cheating on you.
you still love her and might be able to forgive her..but it's out in the open..your
friends and family know. you either stay with her and look like a wimp (to fam & friends) or
end it completely out of self-respect...and to not look like you're p-whipped.

i think it might be the end of touring. Not sure Mick could appear on stage with
an "ol friend" after some of those comments. Still might be able to work "together"
in the studio though.

in the end...I think something else will be the deciding factor for fate of the Stones.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: December 21, 2010 22:19

aprilfool
Do you need a pair of glasses. Mick think to be the only one, the leader. This is not his period and he doesn't love that. That's all? Perhaps I'm not right but it's a possibility.

No need to be fúcking rude. I asked a simple question. A minor chart hit for the Stones bassist hardly did any damage, did it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-21 22:20 by Gazza.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 21, 2010 22:31

Gazza
aprilfool

No need to be fúcking rude. I asked a simple question. A minor chart hit for the Stones bassist hardly did any damage, did it?

aren't you guys actually in agreement? I think aprilfool is saying that mick overreacted to bill's success (I guess based on his onstage mockery during introductions), when it in fact was no big deal; therefore--and this is where you part ways--he might overreact now.

Date: December 21, 2010 22:31

I've read the book and there is nothing strange about their relations. They are nearly 70 years old, they know each other for more than 60 years, nothing strange about some fights, rise and fall. Same way for me with old friends and family. They enter in last part of their lives, they begin to be old men. Nothing special. They are not robots. Keith had always say he would like to do the same as Muddy Waters, except that Muddy hasn't had the same way of life... You can't get anything at the same time. There is a french sentence: on ne peut pas avoir le beurre et l'argent du beurre, voire meme le cul de la cremiere". Word to word in english: you can get the butter, the money of the butter and the ass of the farm woman.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 21, 2010 22:39

hbwriter, imo if they don't tour again it won't be due to Keith's book. It'll be because they just don't have that much jam, anymore, so to speak.

What Keith indicates in LIFE (not the sordid stuff) about him and Mick musically and in terms of touring is they just don't jive well together anymore. That would be the reason they don't tour. Not Keith's book.

Mick's got his own narrative, his own thing going--he's not going to be redefined by Keith and he knows it. While finding LIFE mildly annoying (or more likely people's reaction to it, their asking Mick ceaseless questions like "How'd you feel about that todger comment?") that wouldn't be the defining element in whether the Rolling Stones do a world tour.

imo the only worthwhile show they'd do would be a lot more intimate and genuine--less stupid spectacle--and they seem disinclined to to that, so I don't much care either way. To me, their performances have been hollow and uninteresting. Mick and Keith's relationship has been business only for some time.

I hope Stones fans don't start copping a "dirty rotten no good Keith preventing the Stones from touring" attitude winking smiley

- swiss

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 21, 2010 22:39

aprilfool
I've read the book and there is nothing strange about their relations. They are nearly 70 years old, they know each other for more than 60 years, nothing strange about some fights, rise and fall. Same way for me with old friends and family. They enter in last part of their lives, they begin to be old men. Nothing special.

the difference is... you don't have a world-wide public image as a rock & roll stud to protect. or do you? winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Date: December 21, 2010 22:41

cc
Gazza
aprilfool

aren't you guys actually in agreement? I think aprilfool is saying that mick overreacted to bill's success (I guess based on his onstage mockery during introductions), when it in fact was no big deal; therefore--and this is where you part ways--he might overreact now.

I wasnt agreeing or disagreeing. Just asked a simple and genuine question as I honestly dont recall him making much of a fuss about it.

Date: December 21, 2010 22:44

aprilfool
I've read the book and there is nothing strange about their relations. They are nearly 70 years old, they know each other for more than 60 years, nothing strange about some fights, rise and fall. Same way for me with old friends and family. They enter in last part of their lives, they begin to be old men. Nothing special. They are not robots. .

This part I agree with. I honestly dont see Keith's comments in his autobiography as a major deal when you look at it in the context of the entire book. Its the press who sensationalised and distorted it.

Date: December 21, 2010 23:13

aprilfool

I don't think Jagger sees the situation like you put it. Why on Earth is it not his period? He did Exile and most of PR for it, documentary Stones in Exile was in Cannes and all of this was great success, and now Lady&Gentelmen's success is mostly about Jagger also. As for Keith's book - the only thing people talk about it's Jagger's cock and Jagger's character and Jagger's behavior and Jagger's names. I guess Mick
attributes all success of Life to himself or to his todger about which, I am assured, he is of very high opinion

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:14

There was still talk of "the meeting" on December 7th.
If it happened or will happen, that's well after the publication of Life.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:24

Gazza
This part I agree with. I honestly dont see Keith's comments in his autobiography as a major deal when you look at it in the context of the entire book. Its the press who sensationalised and distorted it.

It was Keith´s interviews that did most harm. He sensationalised these things himself. I think Keith has a lot to do with "they just don´t jive well together anymore", like swiss says.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1377
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home