Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 35
Re: That's 'Life' ?
Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:48

swiss

Mick's got his own narrative, his own thing going--he's not going to be redefined by Keith and he knows it. While finding LIFE mildly annoying (or more likely people's reaction to it, their asking Mick ceaseless questions like "How'd you feel about that todger comment?") that wouldn't be the defining element in whether the Rolling Stones do a world tour.

And while Mick might be hurt personally, I'm sure he realises that Life has been good for his reputation. For the first time in decades, Mick's the one lurking coolly in the half-shadows.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:53

elunsi
Gazza
This part I agree with. I honestly dont see Keith's comments in his autobiography as a major deal when you look at it in the context of the entire book. Its the press who sensationalised and distorted it.

It was Keith´s interviews that did most harm. He sensationalised these things himself.

No he didnt. Apart from the infantile 'small todger' bit, there was nothing there which was spiteful or suprising, and there were plenty of comments which were favourable to Mick to counter-balance it. The press chose to selectively highlight the more salacious stuff - Keith saying nice things about Mick doesnt make for a good front page headline.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:56

Heck I thought parts of LIFE were just a thinly disguised love
letter to Mick pleading to get the Stones back to where they use ta be...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 22, 2010 00:20

>>There is a french sentence: on ne peut pas avoir le beurre et l'argent du beurre, voire meme le cul de la cremiere". Word to word in english: you can get the butter, the money of the butter and the ass of the farm woman.<<

shouldn't that read 'can't get the butter, etc. etc'...

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 22, 2010 00:57

Gazza
The latter.

that's what i would guess as well

Date: December 22, 2010 00:58

Rockman

i love this premise

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 22, 2010 01:07

hbwriter
Rockman

i love this premise

that "premise" actually makes me want to read it now. winking smiley
looks like Rockman might have just sold another book.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-22 01:12 by sweet neo con.

Date: December 22, 2010 01:11

Gazza
aprilfool
I've read the book and there is nothing strange about their relations. They are nearly 70 years old, they know each other for more than 60 years, nothing strange about some fights, rise and fall. Same way for me with old friends and family. They enter in last part of their lives, they begin to be old men. Nothing special. They are not robots. .

This part I agree with. I honestly dont see Keith's comments in his autobiography as a major deal when you look at it in the context of the entire book. Its the press who sensationalised and distorted it.

yep...but if he didn't say it..it couldn't be "sensationalized".

and just to add...I'm sure the publisher begged for anything that might make
a headline cuz as you said "Keith saying nice things about Mick doesnt make for a good front page headline".

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 22, 2010 01:11

Me too, hb -- appreciate your take Rockman. Also, Swiss, i found your post a very thoughtful contribution, as usual.

Date: December 22, 2010 02:52

texas fan
Me too, hb -- appreciate your take Rockman. Also, Swiss, i found your post a very thoughtful contribution, as usual.

Agree - Swiss always brings a special touch

Date: December 22, 2010 02:56

swiss

I hope Stones fans don't start copping a "dirty rotten no good Keith preventing the Stones from touring" attitude winking smiley

- swiss

no...i sort of blame Ronnie too. just kidding. winking smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 22, 2010 03:15

sweet neo con

here's an anology...let's say you catch your girlfriend cheating on you.
you still love her and might be able to forgive her..but it's out in the open..your
friends and family know. you either stay with her and look like a wimp (to fam & friends) or
end it completely out of self-respect...and to not look like you're p-whipped.

quote]

...dude if you live your life based on what other people think.. or believe... you got bigger problems....Mick could care less about the book unless it affects his bottom line(s)...is he still one of the worlds most famous/recognizable rock stars...yes...and can he and Keith still make money as the Rolling Stones..yes again...it's show business...it's business period.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 22, 2010 03:32

Rockman
Keith could have taken them there himself or just broken them up and play teh music he loves. HE doesn't mention it was his addiction that took them off the rails in the first place.

Date: December 22, 2010 04:03

Rip This
sweet neo con

here's an anology...let's say you catch your girlfriend cheating on you.
you still love her and might be able to forgive her..but it's out in the open..your
friends and family know. you either stay with her and look like a wimp (to fam & friends) or
end it completely out of self-respect...and to not look like you're p-whipped.
...dude if you live your life based on what other people think.. or believe... you got bigger problems....Mick could care less about the book unless it affects his bottom line(s)...is he still one of the worlds most famous/recognizable rock stars...yes...and can he and Keith still make money as the Rolling Stones..yes again...it's show business...it's business period.

well, in mick's recent interviews (NYT Magazine etc...) he seems pretty concerned about his public image.
i was a bit surprised too but he readily admits it. that's one of the things my response was based on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-22 04:07 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 22, 2010 07:04

Some people will be happy with the big bore that we all know it will be. Others will be glad not to attend.

Regardless, more of the same. IF it happens.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 23, 2010 16:41

Gazza
Apart from the infantile 'small todger' bit, there was nothing there which was spiteful or suprising, and there were plenty of comments which were favourable to Mick to counter-balance it. The press chose to selectively highlight the more salacious stuff - Keith saying nice things about Mick doesnt make for a good front page headline.

This tiny todger comment after all isn't so infantile and harmless. For example, there is a book quiz in today issue of Guardian with big photo of Jagger(most viewed article, btw) and one of questions is

15 Who was more than happy to let us know that Mick Jagger has a small cock?
[www.guardian.co.uk]

For this reason I think that Mick will make all to go on tour. Otherwise all will think that he actually has a small cock

Date: December 23, 2010 19:32

proudmary
Gazza
Apart from the infantile 'small todger' bit, there was nothing there which was spiteful or suprising, and there were plenty of comments which were favourable to Mick to counter-balance it. The press chose to selectively highlight the more salacious stuff - Keith saying nice things about Mick doesnt make for a good front page headline.

This tiny todger comment after all isn't so infantile and harmless. For example, there is a book quiz in today issue of Guardian with big photo of Jagger(most viewed article, btw) and one of questions is

[www.guardian.co.uk]

For this reason I think that Mick will make all to go on tour. Otherwise all will think that he actually has a small cock

You really are obsessed with this aren't you?

Date: December 23, 2010 19:44

proudmary
Gazza

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Well, if it takes something different to huge sums of cash to motivate him to tour... I can see the press conference now :

"Mick - some critics think you're only in it for the money. What persuaded you to do another Stones tour?"

"Actually, that end of year quiz in The Guardian made my mind up ...."

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 23, 2010 23:34

LOL Gazza smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 24, 2010 00:20

Gazza
proudmary
Gazza

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Well, if it takes something different to huge sums of cash to motivate him to tour... I can see the press conference now :

"Mick - some critics think you're only in it for the money. What persuaded you to do another Stones tour?"

Is it really necessary to put a smiley to show I'm joking? Maybe it is a gender problem - anything a woman says is taken seriously by men.

Date: December 24, 2010 00:28

proudmary
Gazza
proudmary
Gazza

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Is it really necessary to put a smiley to show I'm joking? Maybe it is a gender problem - anything a woman says is taken seriously by men.

Gazza simply added to the "joke"....neither he (nor anyone else) said they took you seriously.

re: "anything a woman says is taken seriously by men"

that's quite a generalization. based on what?

Date: December 24, 2010 00:48

sweet neo con
proudmary
Gazza
proudmary
Gazza

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Gazza simply added to the "joke"....neither he (nor anyone else) said they took you seriously.

Based on experience.Men often don't get jokes made by women 'couse they don't expect them to make jokes

Date: December 24, 2010 00:57

proudmary

Firstly, what makes you think I take you seriously?

Secondly, until the above post, I have no idea what gender you are.

Sounds like only one of us has a gender stereotype problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-24 00:58 by Gazza.

Date: December 24, 2010 00:58

proudmary
sweet neo con
proudmary
Gazza
proudmary
Gazza

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Based on experience.Men often don't get jokes made by women 'couse they don't expect them to make jokes

another insightful generalization. not.

my wife is hilarious. and most men laugh when the jokes are actually funny.

Date: December 24, 2010 10:42

Gazza
proudmary

My bad.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 24, 2010 11:33

duke richardson
>>There is a french sentence: on ne peut pas avoir le beurre et l'argent du beurre, voire meme le cul de la cremiere". Word to word in english: you can get the butter, the money of the butter and the ass of the farm woman.<<

shouldn't that read 'can't get the butter, etc. etc'...

Yes you should
aprilfool , I wonder if this idom exists in English winking smiley

Would "You can't have your cake and eat it." be more explicit ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: December 24, 2010 11:55

hbwriter
Who here thinks that "Life" may have been the final wrench in the engine - the blade that broke the camel's back and made it all but impossible to sit in a room again to start planning a tour? Or at this stage of the game does a book like that simply get dismissed by those who know Keith best as just a load of Keith's usual blather?

Not saying the book was part of the original script to promote the next tour, however, the timing couldn't have worked out better.

Date: December 24, 2010 20:28

proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

My bad.

No problem, Mary. Have a nice Christmas. smileys with beer

Date: December 24, 2010 20:38

Gazza
proudmary
Gazza
proudmary

My bad.

No problem, Mary. Have a nice Christmas. smileys with beer

You too.smileys with beer

Date: December 24, 2010 21:24

stonescrow
hbwriter
Who here thinks that "Life" may have been the final wrench in the engine - the blade that broke the camel's back and made it all but impossible to sit in a room again to start planning a tour? Or at this stage of the game does a book like that simply get dismissed by those who know Keith best as just a load of Keith's usual blather?

Not saying the book was part of the original script to promote the next tour, however, the timing couldn't have worked out better.
How's that? Their is no next tour to promote....and if their is it'll be a year after the book came out. Not exactly a great promotional tool.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home