Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ultimate outtakes/albums
Posted by: neylon79 ()
Date: October 21, 2010 22:25

I don't post often, but I read this forum daily and wanted to see if there was some interest in a stone outtake project I've been working on for a while-

I used to buy outtakes cds all the time pre-internet, you know the deal, you get 10-15 songs you already had (maybe in worse or better quality) to get 2 or 3 you never heard. I was away from iorr.org for a long time, but rediscovered this awesome forum 2 years ago and spent my time reading, downloading live stuff, and then studio stuff. Now it was not 20 bucks a disc anymore, but I still had tons of repeats. I decided to undertake a weeks long task, compiling my outtakes from different sources and grouping them based on the album they were recorded for. That is a somewhat subjective statement, as the 68-72 period has crossovers, as well as some girls/emotional rescue sessions. I used the liner notes, bootlegzone, and the .de excellent outtakes website as reference, but I didn't lose any sleep over being perfect.

I would a/b and of course sometimes a/b/c/d different sources of songs, picking the best quality, fullest length, speed corrected, etc. A handful of them had to be taken from mp3 sources, because I couldn't find flac. Notably, the excellent obsidian compilation is only available in 320 mp3, and it is itelf a compilation that had some of the best versions of some songs. But I could not find a source listing, so I just used the mp3 if it was a notably better sounding file. I also made the mistake myself of not noting my sources, I would have posted my sources to see if some of you knew of better ones. Oh well, like I said this is for fun, no sleep lost.

I plan on posting these to my megaupload account in the upcoming days. I know I don't have everything, but I have a lot. I'd love it if those who know of songs I am missing can post what it is, and a source if it's known.

My goal in this project was to listen to these songs more. My whole collection is on hard drives in flac/mp3 format, so what I do, for example, is take the outtakes from some girls, throw them in my some girls folder, edit the tags to make them all say some girls in the album tag, number them, and then I have the 30-40 track some girls album we all want to see. I listen to the outtakes way more than I ever did, because I don't have to fight through all of the redundant tracks and sometimes poor . And it cleaned up my hard drive to get rid of 2-5 inferior versions of these songs.

Anyway, I think there are some here who could help me with this, and others who would like to hear these songs in a more convenient manner, and would download my posts.

Lastly I have to say I love the posters on the forum in general. I have been to other bands' forums, and they mainly spend time talking about what they dislike about the band. It's easy to get jaded to the Las Vegas shows, the ticket prices, the PR crap, but overall I think you guys have been able to remember that you love the music, love the band, and all that other stuff doesn't matter. I've also loved seeing the gear pictures, some really cool guitars owned by a lot of you.

Re: Ultimate outtakes/albums
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 21, 2010 23:51

Radar.

Re: Ultimate outtakes/albums
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 21, 2010 23:59

The SOme Girls/Emotional Rescue sessions. They kind of overlapped. These boots are a revelation and Jagger is sublimely raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home