Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: OT - Baseball - World Series 2010
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 17, 2010 21:46

slew
No Expectations - You are a real fan of baseball by the sounds of it. DOn't you wish we could go back to the days of Mays, McCovey and Maricial? Or the 70's where the Dodgers (I know you most likely hate them being a Giants fan) had the same infield for over a decade of Garvey, Lopes, Russell and Cey? Back when we could cheer a "team" instead of a bunch of overpaid mercenaries?

I still love the game but look at the 2004 Sox by 2007 when they won again Millar, Mueller, Bellhorn, Pedro, Damon, Nixon, Foulke, Embree and whoever else were all gone. Its just not the same anymore. Like everything else its been spoiled by the all mighty dollar. I have lost some of my old enthusiasm for it.

Would be nice but I'm afraid those days are long gone and nothins gonna bring them back! Guys like Yastrzemski playing 23 years with the same team. Constant turnover of players is the way baseball functions now. As you said it's all about the money!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 17, 2010 22:02

Bingo
The days of yesteryear. This summer, I went to Wrigley Field for the first time. I felt like I traveled back in time. No obnoxious loud music blaring for every batter, no obnoxious scoreboards. No advertising assaulting your senses, just good old clean baseball.

Yeah, the days when things were pure like no bikini lines...oops.

Hey, the Yankees still have Jeter, Posada, Rivera...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 17, 2010 23:24

The Sicilian
Bingo
The days of yesteryear. This summer, I went to Wrigley Field for the first time. I felt like I traveled back in time. No obnoxious loud music blaring for every batter, no obnoxious scoreboards. No advertising assaulting your senses, just good old clean baseball.

Yeah, the days when things were pure like no bikini lines...oops.

Hey, the Yankees still have Jeter, Posada, Rivera...
The Giants have Ross,Huff and Burrellwinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 18, 2010 04:35

The Giants comit a rookie mistake with that infield popup that dropped dead in front of Fontenot. Sanchez was just standing there watching not saying a word.

Date: October 18, 2010 04:48

slew
Joe Buck and Tim McCarver should be put out to pasture! They both suck! McCarver is senile and I'm sick of his analysis.

McCarver knows the game and can describe it quite well, just as he did with the homerun just hit by Ross to tie the game at 1 - 1.

Date: October 18, 2010 05:45

The Giants are getting rocked in the 7th, its 6 - 1 now.eye popping smiley

Date: October 18, 2010 06:23

Damn too many mistakes tonight....we'll get em in game 3!

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: October 18, 2010 17:10

The Phillies are just getting started

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:01

No Expectations

I like the Giants, the Freak is fun to watch, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Phils win this series against the Giants for a variety of reasons. That said, you never know; the Giants got the Phils in SF for the next three games. However, Phils in 6 it seems it might be, particularly if Howard gets hot. Ross showed what a difference home runs can make.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 19, 2010 07:33

Cliff Lee was dominating tonight to go into Yankee Stadium and two hit that line-up is impressive. Even Yankee fans shoulr tip their caps to Lee. Pettite pitched well also as he usually does in the postseason. The ballpark hurt him tonight Hamilton's homer is caught in some parks.

Sicilian - Burnett or Sabathia tomorrow, I go with Sabathia NY is almost in a must win situation I think. We'll see.

McCarver knows the game but he's been around too long too many of the same old cliche statements. Joe Buck can not hole a candle to his father Jack Buck who was fantastic. McCarver does great interviews but his play by play color could use a change. I want a new team in their.

Go Rangers and go Giants!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 19, 2010 12:08

With games 4 and 5 on Tuesday and Wednesday in NYC, the Yankees are stuck with a steaming, heaping pile of Burnett on Tuesday. Starting Burnett is the closest thing to a forfeit as I've seen in postseason ball since the Yankees trotted out washed-up Kevin Brown to start game 7 of the ALCS in 2004.

As attractive as it would be to skip Burnett entirely and go with Sabathia on Tuesday, that would also mean pitching Hughes on three days rest on Wednesday, possibly with the season on the line, in his first full season as a starter.

The Yankees spent a total of $28 million on A.J. Burnett and Javier Vasquez, both of whom have proven to be absolutely useless in this postseason. At least the Yankees make enough money to offset these mistakes. Those two signings would set a team with less resources back several years.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2010 15:21

i am going to tonight's yankee game ,but i am hurting today .not looking good right now when the yankees can not put any runs on the board .cliff lee pitched a GREAT game .the rangers are getting the job done good pitching and good hitting .

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 19, 2010 15:39

We have some lokal sports in sweden to:

Trousertabletennis is it's name

smoking smiley

Date: October 19, 2010 17:39

slew
McCarver knows the game but he's been around too long too many of the same old cliche statements. Joe Buck can not hole a candle to his father Jack Buck who was fantastic. McCarver does great interviews but his play by play color could use a change. I want a new team in their.

Go Rangers and go Giants!
Buck is not his dad,but he's solid. McCarver is one of the most overrated announcers in the business. Simply awful........Go Giants!

Date: October 19, 2010 22:48

The Giants need to Raise a Cain today

Date: October 20, 2010 02:07

Giants win!!! Got money on the Yankees tonight. So go New Yorksmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 20, 2010 02:09

Being a huge Red Sox fan, I will cheer for any time that takes the blasted Yankees out! I'm not a Texas fan but I sure would love the Rangers to take this series.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 20, 2010 02:14

mickschix
Being a huge Red Sox fan, I will cheer for any time that takes the blasted Yankees out! I'm not a Texas fan but I sure would love the Rangers to take this series.

I hear that.

I can't imagine why anyone, outside NY, would want to see another Yankees World Series.
I'm from Texas, and in baseball, we're always the underdogs. Its almost as fun to root against Goliath than for your own team to win. The Rangers have never made it this far, so they truly are the Cinderellas.

Date: October 20, 2010 03:43

stones_serb
The Phillies are just getting started

And they just got slowed down!

Date: October 20, 2010 03:44

Carnaby
No Expectations

I like the Giants, the Freak is fun to watch, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Phils win this series against the Giants for a variety of reasons. That said, you never know; the Giants got the Phils in SF for the next three games. However, Phils in 6 it seems it might be, particularly if Howard gets hot. Ross showed what a difference home runs can make.

Giants in 5 is still a possibillity!!!

Date: October 20, 2010 03:47

stupidguy2
mickschix

I hear that.

I can't imagine why anyone, outside NY, would want to see another Yankees World Series.
I'm from Texas, and in baseball, we're always the underdogs. Its almost as fun to root against Goliath than for your own team to win. The Rangers have never made it this far, so they truly are the Cinderellas.

Only reason would be a Giants Yanks series would have so much historical drama which has long been missing in baseball!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 20, 2010 04:22

It's hard to cheer for the Yankee's....the legacy is tremendous but I don't need to see it propped up by overpaid prima donna's. It becomes nice to see a smaller payroll team come out on top.....

Date: October 20, 2010 04:33

mickschix

One thing is for certain, the Red Sox will always have to go thru the Yankees to ever win anything. Don't ever forget that.

Date: October 20, 2010 04:59

Nice win by the Giants today. Now the Phillies are starting to think...

Date: October 20, 2010 06:02

The Rangers are hitting everything right now. Yankee's pitching is killing them.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 20, 2010 07:30

Stick a fork in 'em. The Yankees are done.

As a New Jersey native and Yankee fan who lives a mile and a half from RFK Stadium (where the Washington Senators used to play until they bolted to Texas and became the Rangers), I don't much care for anything having to do with the Texas Rangers.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: October 20, 2010 07:31

It seems as if we are in for SF-Tex world series even though the things could still get turned around.Texas seems to be completely dominant over The Yankees and if it hadn't been for that unfortunate 8th inning of Game 1 they would have swept them already.Somehow I anticipated Texas' surge during the regular season.They were the best hitting team and with addition of Cliff Lee their rounded up their rather impressive and vastly underrated pitching staff.However I didn't anticipate them to have their way with The Yanks this easily.Who knows this might be set for Game 7 if Sabathia does his job tomorrow and the bats wake up for Game 6.

The Phillies seem to be in another of those slumps that have plagued them intermittently during the season.Blanton seems to be bound to lose tomorrow against Bumgarner so I expect the Giants to be up 3 to 1.Just my two cents

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-20 08:10 by stones_serb.

Date: October 20, 2010 17:43

Man you gotta love the ESPN east coast bias. First of all they focus most of their attention on the Yankees series.Then when they do talk the SF/Philly series. Their so called experts still pick the Phillies to win. Reasoning being that they can't beat their big 3 Halladay/Oswalt/Hamels. Well we just took 2 out of 3 from them. Stick a fork in the Phillies they're done.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 20, 2010 17:48

Ha ha ha ha ha. The Yacks got their asses handed to 'em! What, do the Yacks have an a-rod up their bum? Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 20, 2010 19:59

sweetcharmedlife
Stick a fork in the Phillies they're done.
Don't smoke yer joints before they're rolled Fred. Anything is possible in baseball. Having said that, GO GIANTS!!!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home