Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: OT - Baseball - World Series 2010
Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 10, 2010 14:48

ab - read my second post. I know that. I have watched him execute saves since NY let John Wettland go after the 1996 series - a very wise move on their part to go with Mariano. I put my response to Sicilian below.

Sicilian - I am not saying that. Mariano Rivera is the best closer the game has ever seen and he basically does it with one pitch. He is put in the save situations that he is put in because the Yankees always have a good team and they pay the money to have those late inning leads. I really thought the Twins would beat the Yanks this year very disappointed. I have a lot of respect for the Twins they are there every year and they have a small market and a fairly low payroll. Hey it is not over yet the Red Sox proved that in 04 but I do not think that Minnesota can come back.

Now that the Twins lost - Go RAYS or Rangers!!!!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 10, 2010 19:38

Ever wonder how they make a baseball ?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 10, 2010 21:47

Slew,

I can tell that deep down inside you there is screaming Yankee fan just waiting to jump out.

Date: October 11, 2010 01:52

Sicilian - No I am a Red Sox fan thru and thru! I root for anyone playing them. Though if Tampa beats Texas I'll have a hard time rooting for either one.

Date: October 11, 2010 02:51

Giants stage a dramatic comeback in the 9th, with some clutch hitting.

Braves had taken a 2 - 1 lead in the 8th with 3 hits and 2 errors, unbelievable in its own.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: October 11, 2010 03:06

Great comeback.These Giants seem to be able to go all the way.Hope Cincy will strike back against Philly tonight,As great as Philly is they are hardly invulnerable and I haven't been very impressed with their offense thus far in this postseason.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 11, 2010 03:18

Stop the chop. Giants win!smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 11, 2010 03:40

Go Giants great win. I feel for that Braves second baseman though.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 11, 2010 04:26

Hard to believe the Saints lost to the Cardinals - and a rookie QB at that. What a drag.

Date: October 11, 2010 05:06

skipstone
Hard to believe the Saints lost to the Cardinals - and a rookie QB at that. What a drag.
Wrong thread Skippy.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 11, 2010 05:43

Giants baseball......................TORTURE!!!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 11, 2010 06:10

sweetcharmedlife
skipstone
Wrong thread Skippy.

Yeah. I know. Just thought I'd improve it.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 11, 2010 09:10

The Phillies just look overpowering, but I hope they lose every game they ever play.

Date: October 12, 2010 05:18

Giants up by 1 run in the 9th. Can they hold on and advance to Philadelphia?

Date: October 12, 2010 05:19

Yes.

Date: October 12, 2010 05:22

Watch out, they are chopping and singing.

Date: October 12, 2010 05:25

Either way a salute to Bobby Cox, 25 years as manager of the Braves.

Date: October 12, 2010 05:45

The Sicilian
Either way a salute to Bobby Cox, 25 years as manager of the Braves.
Most overrated manager ever.0-8 at Turner field in elimination games.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: October 12, 2010 07:46

What a pitching matchup Phillies Vs Giants: Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt & Cole Hammels vs "The Freak" Lincicum, Matt Cain & Sanchez. Hope their all low scoring pitchers duels! That's what playoff baseball's meant to be. 10-8 steroid era scores hopefully a thing of the past.

How about the pitching matchup for elimination game 5: Cliff Lee (Tex) vs David Price (Tampa)!!

Can't believe the Yankees are actually going to give AJ Burnett a playoff start. That's gotta be the worst 80 million dollar investment ever. What a bum. He'd of lost 25 games on a mid tier team!! MEZ

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 12, 2010 15:43

Let's go yankees

Date: October 12, 2010 17:24

The Mez
What a pitching matchup Phillies Vs Giants: Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt & Cole Hammels vs "The Freak" Lincicum, Matt Cain & Sanchez. Hope their all low scoring pitchers duels! That's what playoff baseball's meant to be. 10-8 steroid era scores hopefully a thing of the past.

How about the pitching matchup for elimination game 5: Cliff Lee (Tex) vs David Price (Tampa)!!

Can't believe the Yankees are actually going to give AJ Burnett a playoff start. That's gotta be the worst 80 million dollar investment ever. What a bum. He'd of lost 25 games on a mid tier team!! MEZ
Yeah at least the Giants were smart enough to sit Barry Zito and after Bumgarner's good start yesterday. I don't see Zito getting a start in the NLCS either.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 12, 2010 19:27

So who's winning?

Date: October 12, 2010 19:34

sweetcharmedlife
The Mez

Yeah at least the Giants were smart enough to sit Barry Zito and after Bumgarner's good start yesterday. I don't see Zito getting a start in the NLCS either.

Only thing Zito will be starting during the NLCS is his car to take his ridiculously overpaid/under achieving self to and from AT&T park to watch the G-men take it all!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2010 17:39

i just got tickets to game 4 of alcs to see my bronx bombers take on the texas rangers at yankee stadium .go yankees (aj burnett is pitching though. so i have to do a lot of praying !)

Date: October 16, 2010 03:53

Let's Go RANGERS!!!

I hope we all say RAANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGERRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS WIN!! YES!!

I hope John Sterling can handle it- If I was a betting man I have to take NY in that series.

I like the Giants but I think of the three teams left the Phillies have the best chance of beating the Yanks so I may have to root for them.

I hate the effin' Yankees! Best team money can buy!

Date: October 16, 2010 03:57

slew
Let's Go RANGERS!!!

I hope we all say RAANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGERRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS WIN!! YES!!

I hope John Sterling can handle it- If I was a betting man I have to take NY in that series.

I like the Giants but I think of the three teams left the Phillies have the best chance of beating the Yanks so I may have to root for them.

I hate the effin' Yankees! Best team money can buy!

Stick with the G-men they can do it! We still owe the Yanks from "62".

Date: October 16, 2010 04:00

I like the Giants. They have good pitching. They struggle scoring runs and I think you have to score to beat the Yankees. I've always like the Giants. Willie Mays was my baseball hero growing up and I like McCovey and Juan Maricial. The liner McCovey hit to Kubek should have won the 62' series!

Hey I even liked Barry - steroids or no steroids he had amazing skills.

Date: October 16, 2010 04:05

slew
I like the Giants. They have good pitching. They struggle scoring runs and I think you have to score to beat the Yankees. I've always like the Giants. Willie Mays was my baseball hero growing up and I like McCovey and Juan Maricial. The liner McCovey hit to Kubek should have won the 62' series!

Hey I even liked Barry - steroids or no steroids he had amazing skills.

Agreed but to be correct the liner was to Bobby Richardson at second!!!!

Date: October 16, 2010 04:11

No Expectations - My bad, I knew that he pulled it to second. the ball was a shot. The G-men have not won since being in SF it would be nice to see them win it all. I like Lincecum he is fun to watch i fear he is destined for a short career though he is so small. I know what its like being close and losing i am a lifelong Red Sox fan and 2004 was so sweet. I bet SF would go almost as nuts as Boston did if they win. I don't think a sporting event can ever top 2004 for me especially the way the Sox came back on the Yankees it was almost surreal.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 16, 2010 04:22

I would like the Giants if it wasn't for Juan Maricial and Bonds, as I liked Mays a lot, but I enjoyed it when Koufax beat the Giants just because he was such a talent, I was a Yankee fan was very impressed what Koufax did to them.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home