Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Post a little-known fact about the Stones
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 3, 2010 10:23

P.P. Arnold and Doris Troy sang at Mick & Bianca's wedding reception .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 3, 2010 10:25

sweet neo con
i believe that on the 1964 US Tour....Brian Jones missed some dates (incl. Milwaukee)
supposedly because of tonsillitis. Not sure who substituted for him. (Oct 11-14, 1964)

if anyone can confirm & has additional knowledge....please do.

try this fine site: [www.nzentgraf.de] . choose 1964 from the box on the left.
when that page loads, use your search function (ctrl-F or what have you) for "without BJ".
you'll find there were a couple of dates he missed in the UK as well. no one subsituted for him.

Mick missed a gig in 1962. Keith is the only one that the Stones have never played without.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-03 10:39 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: October 3, 2010 10:44

Working titles for Exile were Eat It and Jungle Disease.

Date: October 3, 2010 10:48

Jungle Disease

Zack eeerrr fought it was Tropical Disease ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 3, 2010 11:00

From Mick's old forum, from someone who claimed to know him intimately, Mick's favourite foods are limeade, chicken, cherries and anchovies.

Date: October 3, 2010 11:56

Nicky Scott - Backstreet Girl/Chain Reaction Immediate IM045 1967
Produced by Mick Jagger/Andrew Loog Oldham

* Note mistitling of Back Street Girl

ROCKMAN

Date: October 3, 2010 12:38

Bernard Fowler doesn´t know the setlist before the very same day the band is performing. That´s what he told me anyway winking smiley

Posted by: courtfieldroad ()
Date: October 3, 2010 16:14

Edith Grove
stones78
sweet neo con
i believe that on the 1964 US Tour....Brian Jones missed some dates (incl. Milwaukee)
supposedly because of tonsillitis. Not sure who substituted for him. (Oct 11-14, 1964)

if anyone can confirm & has additional knowledge....please do.

I've read that somewhere as well...He supposedly missed like 5 gigs, maybe they played as a 4-piece with Stu playing the whole show...

If you read Stanley Booth's book it leads you to believe he missed more than five gigs.

If you read Stone Alone, it tells you he missed something like 13 gigs, just check out the appendix with the concert dates, it's indicated there which ones he missed.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 3, 2010 19:00

Mick wasn't too happy about the original video footage for Following The River.
he decided to have minor changes done to it. ...and wait, make it more orange-y too, ...you know!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 3, 2010 20:04

Bliss
From Mick's old forum, from someone who claimed to know him intimately, Mick's favourite foods are limeade, chicken, cherries and anchovies.

i think he eats a lot of curry too.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 3, 2010 20:14

Mick is self conscious about his height (or lack there of) and wears high-heeled sneakers (Nikes).
Oh wait....you want "little-known" facts.

While in Milwaukee (NS Tour I think), Mick went kite-flying w/his family on the shores of Lake Michigan...
...and Charlie walked from the hotel (Pfister) to the Art Museum (also on the lake shore). Ronnie
bought a shirt from a high-end clothing boutique in the hotel....and Keith had shepherds pie
at the hotel restaurant called "The English Room". (info from the local newspaper)

While in Madison, WI for either the 94 or 98 tour.......Keith visited a memorial
for Otis Redding. His plane crashed into Madison's Lake Monona.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-03 20:15 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: October 3, 2010 23:14

Charlie is a major American Civil War buff and he has been known to visit battlefields in the US on off days

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 3, 2010 23:37

open-g
Mick wasn't too happy about the original video footage for Following The River.
he decided to have minor changes done to it. ...and wait, make it more orange-y too, ...you know!

That's a great one! thumbs up>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 3, 2010 23:40

Doctor Dear!
Charlie is a major American Civil War buff and he has been known to visit battlefields in the US on off days

I've heard that too.

Has he mentioned why he's into that?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 3, 2010 23:41

Mick bought a new car from all the money I've spent on them over the years.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 4, 2010 00:18

I don't have the fact but the memory.................

Ones saw a interview (early seventies) with Mick Jagger where he was completely stoned/drunk....never saw it again.

Second one............
Ones saw a picture John Lennon where he was slate After Math.. ... holding the record and sticking out his tongue....never saw the picture again (still looking for this one).

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: October 4, 2010 03:45

Doctor Dear!
I did not know that!!

Neither did I!!! VERY interesting indeed!!

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 4, 2010 11:37

Honda uses Mick's solo for the new hybrid CM that has begun to broadcast since yesterday.

Drive carefully homewinking smiley

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 4, 2010 18:02

1. Charlie has sketched every bed, in every hotel ,that he has stayed in ,roughly since 64. He claims he started out of boredem , when they were trapped in the hotels because of all the fans that swarmed them in the early days

2. The stones went a 24 year period without playing a concert in the city of boston. They played 2 nights june of 75 and did not play again until march 99.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-04 18:05 by virgil.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 4, 2010 18:23

virgil
1. Charlie has sketched every bed, in every hotel ,that he has stayed in ,roughly since 64. He claims he started out of boredem , when they were trapped in the hotels because of all the fans that swarmed them in the early days

2. The stones went a 24 year period without playing a concert in the city of boston. They played 2 nights june of 75 and did not play again until march 99.

21 years between SF shows...1981-2002

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 4, 2010 21:57

Mick once showed up in the outdoors-and-camping shop in Richmond to buy a tent for one of his daughters who was off to a festival somewhere - he wanted a demonstration of how it all worked and how to put it up, so the assistant had an interesting half hour showing him while all the other staff and customers went "itsMickJaggeritsMickJagger..." in the background.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 12, 2010 10:22

From today the 12th October its exactly 21 months to The Rolling Stones 50th anniversary..smoking smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 12, 2010 10:43

T&A
virgil

21 years between SF shows...1981-2002

28 yrs between Hamburg shows 1970 - 1998

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 12, 2010 12:00

Little known musician Chris Jagger had been saying for years that his famous brother Mick would one day join him on stage. When it finally happened, the audience numbered about 40.

cool smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 12, 2010 12:40

The original cover to Goat's Head Soup was to feature Mick as a half human half-horse/cloven hooved creature and photos were taken which I've seen. Daltrey nicked the idea for his Ride A Rock Horse album a few years later.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: October 12, 2010 12:47

I think i saw somewhere that Doris Richards was hard hard smoker until the end.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: October 12, 2010 18:51

Cologne (Germany) Muengersdorfer Stadium was only sold out once (!) between the two Stones concerts in 1982 and 1990: Turkish football (soccer) club Galatasaray Istanbul was sentenced to a away-from-home match during the Euro Cup because of riots in a home match. Galatasary's coach Jupp Derwall (a German from Cologne and former Geman national team coach) chose his home town wisely: The stadium was filled with some 65,000 spectators of Turkish origin...

Date: October 12, 2010 19:00

Around mid seventies (1976?) there was a big row in (Communist) East Berlin, resulting in street fights with police/ army etc., because the rumour there had spread that the Stones were planning to play a concert on the Western side of the wall, up on a scaffolded stage (or something) that would rise above everything- so that the people on the 'east side' would be able to 'attend (hear ànd see it...) Off course that never happened (the rumour was false), but it did cause a huge upset in the (their) streets back then, something we Western people never heard off 'cause that would have been 'bad publicity' for regime over there, as 'the oposite side' reasoned.

I read this somewhere in a newspaper article (about 10 to 15 years ago), and I never heard this anecdote again nor did I get confirmation for it. Still like the story, 'tho. Anybody able to confirm it?

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 12, 2010 19:41

Charlie gets a massage after performing.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 12, 2010 23:15

Mick had a big crush on me in 1976 .
Pity he wanted my I.D .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home