Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why didn't Keith sing on SF?
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 11, 2011 16:29

Sticky Fingers is my favourite Stones album and I've always wondered why Keith didn't sing on it. Beggars Banquet has half a song but the other albums around it Let It Bleed, Exile & Goat's Head Soup all have a Keith song. Dead Flowers could easily be sung by Keith. Are their any SF unreleased songs sung by Keith?

Re: Why didn't Keith sing on SF?
Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: October 11, 2011 16:38

Isn't there a version of Wild Horses with Keith on vocals?

Date: October 11, 2011 16:42

The "tradition" wasn't established yet. After two half songs on Between The Buttons and Beggars Banquet, Keith had his first whole song on Let It Bleed.

And there would be albums later on where he didn't sing as well. IORR and Black And Blue, for instance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-11 16:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 11, 2011 17:04

Keith's backing vocals are prominent on nearly every song. The section of CYHMK almost makes it seem like a duet. For me the bigger question is why wasn't "Sure The One You Need" on IORR?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 11, 2011 17:10

DandelionPowderman
And there would be albums later on where he didn't sing as well. IORR and Black And Blue, for instance.

... except for sharing the lead on Memory Motel, that is.
(the good Dandelion P is just checking to see if we're paying attention spinning smiley sticking its tongue out )

Date: October 11, 2011 17:13

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

... except for sharing the lead on Memory Motel, that is.
(the good Dandelion P is just checking to see if we're paying attention spinning smiley sticking its tongue out )

LOL! Lead vocals, that was winking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 11, 2011 17:46

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Keith's backing vocals are prominent on nearly every song. The section of CYHMK almost makes it seem like a duet. For me the bigger question is why wasn't "Sure The One You Need" on IORR?

Indeed ! Killer song .

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: October 11, 2011 18:07

This (along with Exile) is Keith's greatest backing vocals album. Brown Sugar never felt right live for me without Keith's singing. Except for Sister Morphine and Moonlight Mile he sings fantastic harmonies on every song.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 11, 2011 18:26

Keith has a great ear for harmonies [probably dating right back to his days as a schoolboy chorister] .

His voice has changed a copuple of times down the years but his ear remains superb.
Check out his Love Hurts duet with Norah Jones from that Gram Parsons tribute concert.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home