Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Unexpectedly a Stones song comes on...
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 25, 2010 06:41

I could be driving my car or riding my motorcycle then unexpectedly a Stones song comes on..next thing the adrenalin starts to kick in and I sort of become bullet-proof for a few minutes cruising down the motorway..
(From the lights..I could go from 0-100km's in record time )
Or at a pub or nightclub when the place is already rocking with good vibes all round and the same thing a Stones song or a remixed version would come on and then all of sudden the place would really start to rock with everyone getting down and dirty..ya' know what mean..you would feel like a million dollars...smoking smiley.."gee'.. I just love The Rolling Stones"

How do you react when a Stones song unexpectedly song comes on?

Re: Unexpectedly a Stones song comes on...
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 25, 2010 06:50

wow same way usually. all the critiques and opinions, including my own, just fall away and its something familiar but there always seems to be a new thrill and a new appreciation. for me as a fan its a personal , and usually a wonderful feeling as almost everything else just not as solid organic and shining. i go whoo cause its just so "there' so damn real and slamming and wonderful.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 25, 2010 15:02

I like it when I'm having lunch at the cafeteria and a Muzak version of Blinded by Rainbows comes over the speakers. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: September 25, 2010 19:08

Edith Grove
I like it when I'm having lunch at the cafeteria and a Muzak version of Blinded by Rainbows comes over the speakers. tongue sticking out smiley

...Is there really such a thing??!
(and I don't mean "cafeteria"... smoking smiley I mean a muzak-version of BBR!!)

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 25, 2010 21:49

I cringe if it's 'Satisfaction'...but have to admit Gimme Shel;ter came on the other afternoon at work and it was a pleasure to enforce it upon the rest of my colleagues and students present at the time!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 25, 2010 22:11

MississippiBullfrog
Edith Grove

...Is there really such a thing??!
(and I don't mean "cafeteria"... smoking smiley I mean a muzak-version of BBR!!)

Yes, there is!

I was having lunch one day, and heard a really familiar tune come on.
I had to think for a while what it was then, after a couple of minutes realized it was BBR.
I was eating alone that day and the rest of the clientele must have thought I was crazy when I stated laughing to myself!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 26, 2010 04:19

thats too funny. i recall that sweet scene in hard days night when the group is backstage walking on and they see all these showgirls doing vegassy kinda dances w big feather hair pieces etc...to muzak orchestra versions of hard days night soundtrack songs...and john and ringo start faux tap dancing and waving their arms like strippers sorta...joining in....until the managers pull john off of them...

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 26, 2010 06:51

Depends on the song. Certain ones still send the old jolt down the spine, but there are plenty of others, particularly post-Exile, that make me think "oh, no, not you again."

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 26, 2010 09:44

Edith Grove
the rest of the clientele must have thought I was crazy when I stated laughing to myself!

LOL, I can picture that situation. Very funny.

Edit: Oh and BTW, I always like it when I hear the Stones.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-26 09:59 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: September 26, 2010 15:21

when a stones song comes on the radio, it totally lifts my spirits

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: September 30, 2010 18:12

...come to think of it: I had this weird experience something like 10 years ago, when I was driving home with a friend of mine behind the wheel- we were talking out loud, and all of a sudden I kinda heard Charlie's drums so I sssshhht my friend saying: "Stones on the radio!!" while reaching for the car stereo in order to turn up the volume... but in fact I switched it ón; it wasn't even playing... And "Mixed Emotions" fills the air... weird.

Posted by: Nimrod ()
Date: September 30, 2010 18:33

The other day I was walking through a store with Get Off Of My Cloud in my head and then out of nowhere, Get Off Of My Cloud started playing. It was the weirdest thing.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 1, 2010 00:29

I arrived at Bermuda airport 2 days ago and they were playing Beast of Burden while everyone waited to get thru Immigration. Cool!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 1, 2010 01:12

When I first heard "Streets Of Love", I was riding in the back of a car on the autobahn and it was a pleasant surprise. I had been awaiting the release of the ABB album and the song sounded pleasant. I didn't memorize most of the lyrics and it isn't one of their catchiest tunes so when I got the album, I was quite underwhelmed by the song itself. It's also quite different to the rest of the album and soon seemed like a Jagger solo demo.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2010 01:17

Rough Justice at a demolition yard .... WILD!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: October 2, 2010 12:42

Rockman
Rough Justice at a demolition yard .... WILD!!!

>grinning smiley<

Date: October 2, 2010 12:49

Bull Frog Blues by William Harris 1928 .... Ya know one Mississippi?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 2, 2010 15:14

I hear Get Off My Cloud most frequently on the radio. Anytime a Stones song is on my friends always smirk and nod at me. Can't beat it!

Date: December 6, 2010 02:38

Of all places in a Police car just this morning been driven by an obvious Rolling Stones fan going by her CD collection in her car.The first thing she done was turn the car stereo down when we both got into it.She had the Emotional Rescue CD on.I said to her its one on my favourite Stones albums..she said it was her favourite one.Then with a smile she handed me the Speeding ticket.The only good thing about it I was just coming back from town on my Motorcycle after pricing a job for a Miss Stone..which I pulled off..so that will pay for the find..smoking smiley

Date: December 6, 2010 02:42

You actually got inta the cop-car ta get ya ticket ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 6, 2010 02:47

I'm 55 yrs old . A lot of my friends are older and they think The Stones are from another realm .

I'll play Stones on the Juke Box and start getting into it and they'll look at me like I'm nuts . ( sometimes they may be right )

This makes my day !!

Date: December 6, 2010 03:02

Rockman
You actually got inta the cop-car ta get ya ticket ....
Rockman..yea'..When its Raining they usually ask ya' to sit in their vehicle..the women Police Officers do anyway..more than the men.
Actually come think of it they quite often ask ya' to get into their Police vehicles..if its raining or not when they pull ya' over in ya' car..to write ya' out a ticket and question ya'..smoking smiley

Posted by: belld ()
Date: December 6, 2010 12:00

Have a memory of hearing an interview with Pete Townsend when he describes driving from home one morning to the studio and he hears JJF for the first time on the car radio. He was blown away describing it as the essence of rock and roll. The Stones return from their "Hippy" interlude to deliver a powerful message. A lasting and memorable moment Mr Townsend concludes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-12 19:44 by belld.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 6, 2010 16:54

- Mama says yes, Papa says no,
Make up you mind 'cause I gotta go.
I'm gonna raise hell at the Union Hall,
Drive myself right over the wall

2 1 2 0

Posted by: courtfieldroad ()
Date: December 6, 2010 18:09

I was at the Universal Studios park a year ago in their food court when Have You Seen Your Mother came on in the midst of other upbeat songs.

More than not expecting to hear a Stones songs in the poppy mix they were playing, I was REALLY not expecting to hear THAT song, which I have never heard played outside the walls of my own home!

Date: February 22, 2011 03:40

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 21:19 by colonial.

Date: February 22, 2011 04:45

I was sitting at a gas station in the car today, and am watching this gas station attendant struggle with one of those big, weird air-filled things with arms, and other flim flam; it had gotten stuck in some wires.
In my car was playing "@#$%&" from 76. Strange syncronicity because it reminded me much of Jagger struggling with the big phallus in that very song.

Posted by: ImDeRankOutsider ()
Date: September 21, 2011 09:52

Got a job washing dishes last year.
radio was on playing Tom Jones, Chicago,
Bon Jovi tunes...sad smiley friggin boss had great taste in music.tongue sticking out smiley
Then all of a sudden i detect micks falsetto
and it was Waiting on a Friend.
Dang man... that falsetto, talk about a mood booster.

Date: February 17, 2014 09:23

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 21:26 by colonial.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 17, 2014 09:36

In my car today a radio song sucked, so I pushed "play" for the CD player to play the NO SECURITY album...and then when its live Gimme Shelter ended, I pressed the "radio" button again and on the radio was playing the studio version of Gimme Shelter. So it was great when two different versions of Gimme Shelter coincidentally played back to back.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home