Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 5 days to Ronnie's new album!
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 29, 2010 22:43

stoneswashed77
Rip This
...yup better than anything on A Bigger Bang certainly.

+ 1.

the songs are good. the guitars are fantastic, why nothing like that on stones records. his voice is really cool. the band is good too.
the only thing i don´t really like is the drums, i mean i don´t really hate it but it´s sounding a bit generic while everything else sounds fantastic.

better than most of micks and keiths solo stuff and a lot of stones stuff from the last 20 or so years.

not for beginners was also great.

NFB was an amateurish waste of space compared to this album. no like JIM KELTNER???? not sure i've ever before heard a critical remark of arguably the best drummer in the biz....

Date: September 29, 2010 22:44

Agree about the drums, when you mention it. A bit sterile.

Date: September 29, 2010 23:45

two times thru it and liking it more than first listen. a solid record throughout with a handful of tunes that wood-a been worthy of inclusion on a faces record....

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 30, 2010 07:04

.....a sober RW is good for him and Stones projects going forward.

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: September 30, 2010 10:12

It's not a good Ronnie album imo. Thing About You is the only good song.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 30, 2010 10:38

The more I play it, the more I like it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 30, 2010 10:44

Eirik
It's not a good Ronnie album imo. Thing About You is the only good song.

IMO, one of the weaker tracks.

Some of the tracks that didn´t seem so strong on the first spin are really growing on me: Lucky Man, 100%, I Don´t Think So (Should have been given to The Stones). Great! I was starving for new rock´n´roll, and then I got this smoking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 30, 2010 16:59

After another 2 listens, it's much better than I even thought at first. Still not as good as Slide On This though.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: September 30, 2010 17:29

it's a shame there's no Stone guests on this album...

Date: September 30, 2010 17:51

Rolling Hansie
The more I play it, the more I like it.

first album in recent memory that i've played 3x in one day...didn't tell the missus last night what was playing, but she was boogie-ing about the house to it before she finally bellowed out: "what the hell is THIS?" very surprised to hear it was the latest from ron....

Date: September 30, 2010 17:58

Amused

...on the contrary...it shows that he can contribute riffs, phrases and most definetely a vibe that's been missing from recent Jagger/Richards songs. There are several songs from this new Ronnie record that would have been huge Stones hits if he had given them these ideas. Lucky Man alone is the best new single the Stones could have had since whenever....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 30, 2010 18:03

Has this been posted before ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: September 30, 2010 21:02

Rip This
Amused

...on the contrary...it shows that he can contribute riffs, phrases and most definetely a vibe that's been missing from recent Jagger/Richards songs. There are several songs from this new Ronnie record that would have been huge Stones hits if he had given them these ideas. Lucky Man alone is the best new single the Stones could have had since whenever....

I agree!

Also, theres a sound or vibe on the album that is very old Stones- The songs sound like a party with a great band or buddies jamming but also like actual songs and not 'merely' jams or demos. It's a fine line but the Stones used to sounds like this.

Now sure it would have been a good Stones song but 'Catch You' is pretty nice adult sounding song.

I guess this shows the problem aint really Woody!

Date: September 30, 2010 21:07

doesn't sound at all like a stones album to me - sounds like more of a logical extension of the faces - maybe even more crowes-like....

comes off as a very unforced, uncontrived set of likeable songs - sorta the anti-ABB, one might say....

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: September 30, 2010 21:16

please play me anything anywhere close to this from mr.taylor.

Date: September 30, 2010 21:20

stoneswashed77

huh?

Date: September 30, 2010 21:57

T&A
stoneswashed77

huh?

yes, doesn´t exist.

Date: September 30, 2010 22:07

stoneswashed77
T&A
stoneswashed77

huh?

yes, doesn´t exist.

yeah, but the two mt solo studio records are completely different animals (much like the two guitarists are). i would definitely rate both of mt's solo albums higher than ronnie's new one, as much as i like it....

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: September 30, 2010 22:14

no, they are not better. Taylor's "Sway" solo is the only thing above Ronnie's efforts... and Mick's no songwriter.

Date: September 30, 2010 22:25

T&A
stoneswashed77
T&A
stoneswashed77

huh?

yes, doesn´t exist.

yeah, but the two mt solo studio records are completely different animals (much like the two guitarists are). i would definitely rate both of mt's solo albums higher than ronnie's new one, as much as i like it....

i might like those two mick taylor records if:

there was good songwriting, you take away the terrible studio sound, give me a better guitar tone, stop m.t. from noddling around., make mick taylor a complete musician who has feel and groove and can lead a band.

what´s left after all? not all that much.

Date: September 30, 2010 22:32

stoneswashed77
T&A
stoneswashed77
T&A
stoneswashed77

huh?

yes, doesn´t exist.

i might like those two mick taylor records if:

there was good songwriting, you take away the terrible studio sound, give me a better guitar tone, stop m.t. from noddling around., make mick taylor a complete musician who has feel and groove and can lead a band.

what´s left after all? not all that much.

ain't nobody gonna convince you otherwise, so i won't bother trying....

Date: October 1, 2010 06:20

KeefintheNight82
Rip This
Amused

I agree!

Also, theres a sound or vibe on the album that is very old Stones- The songs sound like a party with a great band or buddies jamming but also like actual songs and not 'merely' jams or demos. It's a fine line but the Stones used to sounds like this.

Now sure it would have been a good Stones song but 'Catch You' is pretty nice adult sounding song.

I guess this shows the problem aint really Woody!

I hear hints of Some Girls...Tattoo and ER..I hear a younger Ronnie...and while I'm not comparing this record to those...It sounds like a more vigorous RW

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home