Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stone Ronnie Wood off alcohol for seven months
Posted by: claudine ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:39

Re: Stone Ronnie Wood off alcohol for seven months
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 30, 2010 13:57

Well, that's good - but for how long? He'll be back on it in no time, IMO.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 30, 2010 14:12

Probably his longest dry spell ever, in fairness...

Now if he can just stay off the ciggies too that'd be even better. His lungs must be in a shocking state as he was told around 2001 he was on the verge of contracting emphysema.

Date: September 30, 2010 14:24

7 months without alcohol sounds like sheer torture. I think its sad when it reaches the point where going teetotal is the only means of survival.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 30, 2010 14:45

Ronnie was on BBC Breakfast TV??? Did anyone catch this?

N

THE Question Asked.
Posted by: belld ()
Date: September 30, 2010 11:40

Ronnie interviewed on BBC main TV news 30 minutes ago. Lasted for 10 minutes and had a clip of the single from his album. Several other topics covered including Ronnie confirming he has been clean for 7 months. However no mention of working with the Stones nor about any future Tour plans. Interviewers clearly instructed to avoid the question?

Re: THE Question Asked.
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:41

Didn't see it...but not necessarily.

Depends on whether the interviewer and or producer/editor has any awareness or interest in speculation about band activity.

Date: September 30, 2010 12:55

When he´s promoting his album, it would be kinda rude to ask about the Stones, imo. BUT most journalists would have asked winking smiley

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: September 30, 2010 13:08

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: September 30, 2010 15:01

Big Al
7 months without alcohol sounds like sheer torture. I think its sad when it reaches the point where going teetotal is the only means of survival.

yes, alcoholism is a sad disease but for the alcoholic one drink is too many because ten drinks is not enough. Teetotaling is really the only cure.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: September 30, 2010 15:22

Date: September 30, 2010 17:05

Gazza
Now if he can just stay off the ciggies ...

... and maybe get a haircut?!

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Altefutze ()
Date: September 30, 2010 17:16

UGot2Rollme
Big Al

yes, alcoholism is a sad disease but for the alcoholic one drink is too many because ten drinks is not enough. Teetotaling is really the only cure.

I knew a drunken cliché couldn't be far behind this thread.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 30, 2010 17:18

I'm up to 31 days....hey, its a start.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 30, 2010 17:27

One day at a time....hang in there, Ronnie!

Posted by: Altefutze ()
Date: September 30, 2010 17:33

When he wants to quit, he'll quit.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 30, 2010 17:46

"I think its sad when it reaches the point where going teetotal is the only means of survival"
I know someone it happened to : when you're on a hospital bed with a 40 cm scar on your belly and the surgeon who's cut bits of your pancreas to save you tells you "no more alcohol ever!" well it's not sad, you just listen to the guy and go dry forever...

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 30, 2010 21:07

Good for Ronnie! Play that Strat son and keep rocking!!

Date: October 1, 2010 00:49

dcba
"I think its sad when it reaches the point where going teetotal is the only means of survival"
I know someone it happened to : when you're on a hospital bed with a 40 cm scar on your belly and the surgeon who's cut bits of your pancreas to save you tells you "no more alcohol ever!" well it's not sad, you just listen to the guy and go dry forever...

And I understand that completely. Going by recent television appearances, Ronnie looks healthy and that’s wonderful. If going teetotal is what it takes, so be it. I just know that I would find it somewhat depressing if I had to have an orange juice or coke – or coffee these days! – when in a pub, bar or eatery of some description. Ronnie strikes me as a guy who likes to be out and about and having a 20-something girlfriend who undoubtedly has the same social likes as Ronnie, cannot help.

One final point: when/if Ronnie reaches true sobriety, i hope he doesn't go all preachy on the evils of alcohol like Eric Clapton. It's Ronnie and his mental state... not alcohol.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 1, 2010 02:16

Have another drink it'll make ya feel better!

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: October 1, 2010 02:21

Big Al
dcba

And I understand that completely. Going by recent television appearances, Ronnie looks healthy and that’s wonderful. If going teetotal is what it takes, so be it. I just know that I would find it somewhat depressing if I had to have an orange juice or coke – or coffee these days! – when in a pub, bar or eatery of some description. Ronnie strikes me as a guy who likes to be out and about and having a 20-something girlfriend who undoubtedly has the same social likes as Ronnie, cannot help.

One final point: when/if Ronnie reaches true sobriety, i hope he doesn't go all preachy on the evils of alcohol like Eric Clapton. It's Ronnie and his mental state... not alcohol.

Yeah it can definitely be depressing if you're hanging out in a bar like that. The more he talks about it, the better it sounds. For me. Apparently he claims a record at 7 months without a drink in his hand so far. You can't buy that kind of momentum, every day is a new record, and that can push you forward without thinking about it. It's like you get rewarded every day simply by achieving another number. It's like it makes your ego grow. In the right way. I need to sober up. GET IN THERE RONNIE GOOD SHOW LAST WEEK W/BOBBY WOMACK, EDDIE VETTER AND CRIS CRISTOFFERSON ALL ON THE PHONE AT DIFFERENT TIMES! Vetter said that it was the first time he had written a song while imagining them (Ronnie) singing it. Don't stop Ronnie>

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: October 1, 2010 02:44

Good for you Ronnie! Keep on!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home