Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Ronnie Wood Meet & Greet was a joke
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 23, 2010 17:11

sweetcharmedlife
Maybe Ronnie just wanted to make sure he was rich enough. Rich enough to forget his name.eye rolling smiley

Could it be because something turned "bad" the latest minutes ,like I don't know,if he was too drunk or had an argue /quarrel with someone from his staff that led him to quit the event that quickly ?
I am not trying to excuse him for an inexcusable behaviour -geez,I think I would have got mad if I had to pay that much for some seconds ....- but is it the way he usually behave with fans ?
I am just asking ,you know .
In the same time,I do think that neither Jagger,nor Keith would have been able to act the same way ,it's a luck of professionalism ,isn't it ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 23, 2010 17:50

stateofshock
Here's an article on it:

[www.timesonline.com]

It doesn't look from the video on this link as if this was entirely of Ronnie's doing, even if he did go along with it, He ignored a first tap on the back and so he next got a word in the ear obviously prompting him to go up the stairs. There's no telling whether this was prearranged to happen quite so quickly, but on the face of it the move up the stairs doesn't seem to have been initiated by him.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 23, 2010 20:40

Beast,

The point is that the art work was being shown on the second floor. No one had been allowed to view it yet. All of us assumed that Ronnie would be available in the gallery area itself.

But when the ropes parted for us to walk up the staircase, he was gone, gone, gone.

Did you notice that the "Meet and Greet" on that video lasted 51 seconds...

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 23, 2010 21:26

honestly. why would you wanna pay for a meet and greet?
still its lousy of ronnie.
i once won a meet and greet with the whole band. no autographs, nothing to sign, no personal pics, just one group pic and they left....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 23, 2010 21:42

A fool and his money are soon parted

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 23, 2010 21:46

guitarbastard
i once won a meet and greet with the whole band. no autographs, nothing to sign, no personal pics, just one group pic and they left....
Who was the band?

Date: September 23, 2010 21:47

Oh gotcha, Kurt - I thought those works on the wall in the video were his. Now you've explained that, it's even worse than I imagined! That is seriously bad. I have seen Ronnie before now cloister himself away in a room and later emerge to make a beeline through the crowd for the door, but no one had paid to be there. I would expect him to mingle a bit more at his first museum exhibition, regardless of whether anyone had paid or not. Has anyone complained to the museum? I would want to know the justification for the ticket price because there doesn't seem to be any, other than a donation to charity, which shouldn't be obtained on what sounds like false pretences of a "meet and greet".

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 23, 2010 21:47

sweetcharmedlife
guitarbastard
Who was the band?

eh....the rolling stones ;-)

Date: September 23, 2010 21:49

guitarbastard
sweetcharmedlife
guitarbastard
Who was the band?

eh....the rolling stones ;-)
Ooops. So that's where Ronnie learned it from.

Date: September 23, 2010 21:54

LOL, you two!

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: September 23, 2010 23:27

Elmo Lewis
A fool and his money are soon parted

"A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place"

- Gordon Gekko, 1987

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-24 16:45 by Goldsmith.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 24, 2010 06:44

dewlover
btw, I met Keith in a small NYC Irish Pub, and shook his hand, and it didn't cost me a penny...

i didn't pay anything for my pre-show M&G but i gotta say that keith was way more down to earth than ronnie. you could see ronnie (and mick) didn't want to be there. keith and charlie were very friendly.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 24, 2010 10:13

little queenie
dewlover
btw, I met Keith in a small NYC Irish Pub, and shook his hand, and it didn't cost me a penny...

i didn't pay anything for my pre-show M&G but i gotta say that keith was way more down to earth than ronnie. you could see ronnie (and mick) didn't want to be there. keith and charlie were very friendly.

<<< you could see ronnie (and mick) didn't want to be there >>>

Yep, can well believe that. That's the bottom line, if you don't "want to be there", then that's fine ... but then simply don't allow meet n greets to be organised, and/or don't charge money for them. That's the bit Ronnie seems (on the face of it) not to be very good at ... simply "saying no". Whatever lies behind it, whatever the truth is, the inescepable fact is that he's doing a cracking job of alienating folk at the moment, not to mention pricing himself out of business. Silly really, no need for it. Reality check overdue !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 24, 2010 17:03

trainarollin
About 200 people paid $150 - $200 to attend a "Meet & Greet Reception" for Ronnie Wood at the Butler Insitute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio. It was from 8pm - 10pm. Ronnie appeared in public around 8:15..spoke for about a minute, talked to a couple people standing behind him...and left. Where did he go? Seems like he hid in a room for about an hour before slipping out.

So? What did you expect him to do for a measly $200? Pretend to be your best friend? He's a Rolling Stone for crissakes! If you want him to pretend he knows you and likes you, it's gonna cost you!

Date: September 24, 2010 17:14

tatters
trainarollin
About 200 people paid $150 - $200 to attend a "Meet & Greet Reception" for Ronnie Wood at the Butler Insitute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio. It was from 8pm - 10pm. Ronnie appeared in public around 8:15..spoke for about a minute, talked to a couple people standing behind him...and left. Where did he go? Seems like he hid in a room for about an hour before slipping out.

So? What did you expect him to do for a measly $200? Pretend to be your best friend? He's a Rolling Stone for crissakes! If you want him to pretend he knows you and likes you, it's gonna cost you!
How much would it cost for Ronnie to pretend he's a decent human being?

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 24, 2010 17:45

tatters
trainarollin

Is that your equation: "Rolling Stone" = "Ass-Hole"? I disagree!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 24, 2010 18:01

You can watch the video of the fast meet here: [stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-24 18:01 by carlostones10.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 24, 2010 18:48

carlostones10
You can watch the video of the fast meet here: [stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com]

Incredible! I call it a big piss take, the way this character's ripping his fans off 40,00 bucks.

Must be he's in desperate need of the money or he's simply ignorant. Either way
he's finally putting himself into permanent offside.

What a pleasant contrast was it to read how nicely Joe Satriani talks about the Mick. [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 24, 2010 20:12

The more I think about it, maybe Ronnie did not know it was being advertised as a M&G and just agreed to show up for the opening and that patrons would be there.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 24, 2010 20:32

Is that Michele Rosen hugging Ronnie?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 24, 2010 21:04

trainarollin
The more I think about it, maybe Ronnie did not know it was being advertised as a M&G and just agreed to show up for the opening and that patrons would be there.

Are you seriuos? Ronnie Wood simply behaves badly, and he cannot afford to act that way. He seems to see himself as a century musician and artist at the same time, in fact he is a talented and humorous man, nothing more and nothing less.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 24, 2010 23:34

I just can't seem to come to grips with this situation. My emotions have run the full gamut since Tuesday night, from disappointment to sadness to anger to downright distain. In an attempt to put some closure on it, I emailed The Butler. My contact there has been nothing but gracious and professional with me in my dealings concerning the event.

The evening did not go as they hoped...(fairly obviously!)

The Butler...
"After he(Ronnie) made his opening remarks, he turned to talk to some people he recognized and was 'mobbed' by nearby people and his manager felt it wasn't safe for him and insisted he be taken to safety."

I am sorry, but there was no mob or any security issue whatsoever. You've seen the video attached in the above thread. Did the crowd look threatening to you?

The Butler continues..."I think he would have liked to mingle, but I think he's so used to his manager telling him what to do, that he just obeys her."

Memo to his manager...Shame on you.

Memo to Ronnie...WAKE UP.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 24, 2010 23:39

I guess after his girlfriend beat the crap out of him, he's been wimpish.
Shame on Butler too for not fixing this in the moment.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 25, 2010 01:25

Seems to me that Ronnie would have known about this part, reported by Kurt, yes?

The invitation read as follows: "A reception to honor artist Ronnie Wood and to view an exhibition of his Paintings, Drawings and Prints." The RSVP card read as follows: "Reception to Meet Ronnie Wood. 8-10 pm"

"Proceeds benefit free Butler children's programs"

If not, bad planning, all around.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: September 25, 2010 02:08

Kurt
I just can't seem to come to grips with this situation. My emotions have run the full gamut since Tuesday night, from disappointment to sadness to anger to downright disdain. In an attempt to put some closure on it, I emailed The Butler. My contact there has been nothing but gracious and professional with me in my dealings concerning the event.

The Butler...
"After he(Ronnie) made his opening remarks, he turned to talk to some people he recognized and was 'mobbed' by nearby people and his manager felt it wasn't safe for him and insisted he be taken to safety."

I am sorry, but there was no mob or any security issue whatsoever. You've seen the video attached in the above thread. Did the crowd look threatening to you?

The Butler continues..."I think he would have liked to mingle, but I think he's so used to his manager telling him what to do, that he just obeys her."

Yeah, the way they were all smiling and talking to him, politely shaking his hand, they looked downright unruly. Especially the woman who hugged him. She was obviously a threat that should have been tackled and thrown out on the sidewalk.

From the looks of the video, Ronnie hardly seemed to be fearing for his life, or in any kind of danger, and was able to make his way up the stairs very easily. The crowd didn't seem to be out of control, or trying to follow him with no respect to his personal space, they seemed very calm and respectful. From what I saw, they were all OLD! I even thought to myself, that's part of the Stones problem these days. Their audience is made up of too many people like THAT, and not enough kids. Crass, I know, but I think it backs up my take on the situation, that the crowd was hardly a threat in any way, other than how quick Ronnie could get back to his hotel.

Sounds like the Butler might be trying to pass some of the buck too though, by blaming it all on the manager, even if it's true.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 25, 2010 02:58

You know, having seen the video and having seen the Butler's disingenuous, dishonest response, I would be inclined to expose them. The Butler obtained several thousand dollars by advertising something they did not deliver. The invitation implied that Ronnie would be on hand to meet and greet his fans from 8 til 10. From that video, no one got to meet or greet Ronnie Wood. Therefore, people should get a refund and an apology.

Personally, I'd be inclined to contact the local paper and do a chargeback on my credit card.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-25 02:59 by Bliss.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 25, 2010 07:48

I know someone who said she was there and she also said she had her picture taken with him so if she sends me a copy of the pic I will post it here. From what I have read here it doesn't appear that anyone got their picture taken with him.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 25, 2010 09:02

it looks like he's run out of things to say to the people and is smiling nervously...they don't look like his kind of people - not rock and roll. maybe needs a drink. i see he's still with the polo coach...

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: September 25, 2010 18:06

bustedtrousers
Kurt
I just can't seem to come to grips with this situation. My emotions have run the full gamut since Tuesday night, from disappointment to sadness to anger to downright disdain. In an attempt to put some closure on it, I emailed The Butler. My contact there has been nothing but gracious and professional with me in my dealings concerning the event.

The Butler...

Yeah, the way they were all smiling and talking to him, politely shaking his hand, they looked downright unruly. Especially the woman who hugged him. She was obviously a threat that should have been tackled and thrown out on the sidewalk.

From the looks of the video, Ronnie hardly seemed to be fearing for his life, or in any kind of danger, and was able to make his way up the stairs very easily. The crowd didn't seem to be out of control, or trying to follow him with no respect to his personal space, they seemed very calm and respectful. From what I saw, they were all OLD! I even thought to myself, that's part of the Stones problem these days. Their audience is made up of too many people like THAT, and not enough kids. Crass, I know, but I think it backs up my take on the situation, that the crowd was hardly a threat in any way, other than how quick Ronnie could get back to his hotel.

Sounds like the Butler might be trying to pass some of the buck too though, by blaming it all on the manager, even if it's true.
I work in the security business. Here's the deal. It doesn't matter that no one was acting threatning or over zealous. When you're in the business of security, you have to PREVENT an incident ahead of time. It's your job to ANTICIPATE trouble and PREVENT your protectee from being involved in it.

That being said, as I posted earlier, I was there, paid $400 for my wife and I, we both took 2 days off work and paid travel (driving, hotel) expenses. I put the majority of the blame for this fiasco on the Butler. They obvioslly had no clue who they were dealing with.

My wife has had conversations with them since, and they accept no blame whatsoever. They lame 1) Ronnie Woods and his people and 2) the crowd for taking pictures (which everyone was told was forbdden) and for crowding Ronnie. She was told this wouldn't have happened if they hadn't let non-museum members in.

Here's the deal- All of that is on them and their lack of security. Fact is- it WAS NOT safe for Ronnie. That's not to say anyone there would have intentionally harmed him or done anything to disrupt the event, BUT a famous person can't take that chance. You never know what kind of nuts are out there. Just ask John Lennon and numerous other celebrities.

As for letting in non-members, that's on them, too. They opened it to non-museum members, so they could charge them $200 per ticket. They chose to do that and THEY are responsible for the actions of those people (not that they did anything wrong) in a facility THEY CONTROLLED. Everyone knows even if you tell people- "no photos," no one these days pays any attention.

Again this event could have been done, but it needed MUCH better security.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 25, 2010 18:33

Thank you Woody24. Your post makes a lot of sense to me. I know absolutely nothing about security work, but your explanation is very clear.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home