Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best places to buy Stones stuff in Tokyo ?
Posted by: stonesseventytwo ()
Date: September 18, 2010 07:34

I was on the subway here in Tokyo the other day and saw a couple of very cool Stones shirts, one was a grey men's shirt with a glitter tongue. Just wonder if any of the Japanese fans here know where is the best place to buy this stuff in Tokyo ? Love the fashion here. Lots of Stones shirts. You never see this back in San Francisco.

Re: Best places to buy Stones stuff in Tokyo ?
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 19, 2010 04:26

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 20, 2010 16:03

If you would like to check out bootleg CD's and DVD's then head to Nishi Shinjuku.

Date: September 21, 2010 10:27

Toru and !cdog:

Thank you very much for the info. Appreciate it !

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 12:36

There is a very cool Stones shop - 'Gimme Shelter' - which most Stones fans probably have heard about.It's in the Shibuya area; google it for the address.

I was there 2 or 3 years ago,on the way to see Megadeth in downtown Tokyo, made a trip to 'Gimme Shelter' - there's a Beatles shop next to it actually, and I think a Reggae shop; an enclave in a shopping centre for speciality music shops. Pretty cool! Bloody expensive though if I remember correctly

Date: September 21, 2010 16:16

Irelandcalling. Thanks. I have been there before as well, amybe 5 or 6 years ago when I was here. In fact, I was a little disappointed. Just mainstream commerical stuff that you can find elsewhere. No interesting memorabilia or hard to find bootlegs ( what I had been expecting). A lot of later stuff from the 80s on which I am not interested in. Pretty pedestrian. And besides I belive they have closed, if I am not mistaken, or have moved to a spot inside a well known hip department store here, Parco. I was online and that is what it seemed to say on their website. Thanks anyway.

Date: September 21, 2010 16:21

Toru A
Just for information
Web Shop

The Rolling Stones Tshirts Japan Tour

Toru:

They have some very cool shirts here. I just wonder if you would know if any of them are glitter ? Hard to tell from the website and the item descriptions seem to just give the fabric. Thanks !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home