Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Your favourite Stones Remix..Or one your like Remixed
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 2, 2010 23:50

Whats your favourite Stones song thats been Remixed?Or a Stones song your like to be Remixed.I've always liked the idea of Remixing some songs.
Some of the Remixing U2 have done with their songs is brilliant..smoking smiley

Re: Your favourite Stones Remix..Or one your like Remixed
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 3, 2010 00:01

I have an excellent Gimme Shelter re-mix and a SFTD. One day a dj will have a great time mixingup some of the more obscure tracks

Date: September 3, 2010 00:09

crumbling_mice
I have an excellent Gimme Shelter re-mix and a SFTD. One day a dj will have a great time mixingup some of the more obscure tracks

crumbling mice..Good one..I wouldn't mind having a good listen to that myself..smoking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 3, 2010 00:13

I like both Feel On Baby and Undercover.

They stayed true to the original tracks, and you can even hear parts of the recording that didn't make the LP version. Some great Keith riffs on Undercover...more RW on Feel On Baby.

Sorry- have to add my dislikes:
Remixes to stay away from are located on the You Got Me Rocking CD single....Man those are bad.

12 minutes of Too Much Blood?
Ouch.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: September 3, 2010 01:32

Mixed Emotions 12" wasn't bad.

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: September 3, 2010 02:02

I like the Soulwax remix of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" from the movie.

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: September 3, 2010 02:06

Some great ones here. The worst one has got to be the N.E.R.D remix for SFTD, changing the chords, terrible remix.

Date: September 3, 2010 11:15

The best two Stones remixed songs i've heard is Dance part.1 and She's so Cold ..the DJ was jumping all over the place that night ..ya' just couldn't move on the dance floor..

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 3, 2010 11:30

I completely agree about U2 - most of the remixes of their singles in the 90's (especially for that 1990-2000 compilation that came out in 2002 with Electrical Storm - the last music of theirs I ever gave a shit about).

A few Sympathys aren't too, too bad. I detest the 'I'm Free' remix. You Got Me Rocking is insanely awful - that is THE worst of all of them. There is, however, a remix of Harlem Shuffle - not the one on Rarities, but the one on the Flashpoint Collectables disc 2 (also part of a box set - which i didn't need to buy because I had the same bonus disc already).

THAT is the ONLY example of a remix which surpasses the original for me. I do like the longer Miss You from that better to, but that's not as much of a CHANGE as much as a different edit. The Harlem Shuffle I'm talking about... those breaks, key changes, and organ solo - it's WAY #$%&ing better than the version on Dirty Work. It sounds fantastic and actually made me like the song, whereas I thought it was a cheezy throwaway cover when it first came out with the silly cartoon video.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: September 3, 2010 11:31

"Miss You" by dr. Dré... thumbs up

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 3, 2010 17:28

All the "remixes" with the stupid rave wannabe beats in them? Those aren't remixes, those are just shit. THOSE DON'T COUNT!!!!!!!!

The real remixes have been good and bad. The remix of Miss You is just seemingly a very long edit version of the track since some things have been rearranged. The proper remix of Rock And A Hard Place, although not screwed with like the other 'remixes', features too much 1980s production sounds in it.

UOTN was a pretty good remix.

I always loved One Hit (To The Body) and the London Harlem Shuffle remix.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: September 3, 2010 20:22

Lynd8
Mixed Emotions 12" wasn't bad.

+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home