Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fans Who Have Seen Numerous Stones Concerts
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: August 21, 2010 20:59

Quite a few fans here have indicated that they have seen many Stones concerts, beginning in the sixties and now into the present. Some have been to as many as 20 concerts or more, some many more than that. What motivates you to see so many? Is is a pure love for the music, a desire to hear the music change over the years (for better or worse, depending on your perspective), a wish to be around friends who also love the Stones, or some other reason or reasons?

I thought this would be an interesting topic for discussion. To those of you who have seen 20 or more Stones concerts, please tell us why you see so many.

Re: Fans Who Have Seen Numerous Stones Concerts
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 21, 2010 21:04

I am just crazy. And besides seeing the Stones it is always a great party to meet other Stonesfans. It is not just the music. It goes way beyond that.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 21, 2010 21:35

i just have to see them from time to time :-)

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 21, 2010 22:21

It's like going to see old mates, I've listened to their music since I was 10 and if I missed a tour I'd be devastated...even the shitty last few tours have been worth the effort

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 21, 2010 22:29

You also see some people you've met at previous shows which is always fun .

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 21, 2010 23:19

flilflam
To those of you who have seen 20 or more Stones concerts, please tell us why you see so many.

I only need to see seven more before I can post on this thread! grinning smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 21, 2010 23:26

Seen every tour since 1969 2 nights at MSG,after that multiple times in each tour,including the six nights stand that they did at Garden in 75.The reason?
They are the Rolling Stones damm it.I grew up with their music,l could say a lot of it has been the soundtrack of my life.drinking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 21, 2010 23:41

Been to every tour since '72 and keep on going to see them. It's like going home to family & friends & lots of fun. Great music as well. Love it; love them.

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: August 22, 2010 02:25

i've seen them 33 times since 1981, i get kinda anxious when a tour starts up cause it starts crossing my mind that this really could be the last chances to see/hear them live, so i feel compelled to go to any show that is realistically accessible for me

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 22, 2010 02:32

ROPENI
Seen every tour since 1969 2 nights at MSG,after that multiple times in each tour,including the six nights stand that they did at Garden in 75.

I bet you have some great stories about those "Mick Taylor Years" shows.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 22, 2010 02:52

Well from the 69 tour,l can remember Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin,crouching behind the amps digging the music,and for me it was magic,since it was the first time l had seen the band live,those shows have been well documented in G.S.
The Stones played their asses off,on both nights that l saw them.
1972, the show that sticks in my head was the one on Mick's birthday,with them bringing out a cake and Stevie Wonder and Mick doing Satisfaction.A fantastic show, its a shame not lots of videos from that show are around,although on C Blues they show some of what went on. From then on my favorite tours were 75 and 78..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: August 22, 2010 02:52

I started in 1981 (age 13), and the reason for me is that there is no other band or artist who gives me simple unbridled joy to listen to. I listen to music pretty constantly, and I'm a serial monogamist (all Dylan for a month, then Zappa, had a Miles Davis phase for several months, it's Big Star right now). But whenever I can't find the next artist or don't know what to listen to, I'll throw on a Stones album and get my air guitar or air Mick mojo on for a bit.

The shows are the same way. When those first opening chords burst forth, I'm lost for two hours.

The only thing I've noticed in terms of shows is that on the last tour I started judging rather than just enjoying. I was feeling more critical rather than losing myself in the moment. I kept thinking, "the mix isn't so great," or "I can't hear the guitars very well." That was a bummer to not get lost as easily.

That's why I worry about whatever tour might be next or last. Will it be as fun, or will I still be as grumpy? For me, another tour like the last few doesn't feel as enticing. That's why I hope there's something unique. I loved the No Security tour because it was all arenas with a deep cut set list. Nothing hugely different from other arena shows from other tours, just slightly new.

T@3

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 22, 2010 08:02

Seen every tour since 75... always a tremendous time....introduced my kids to the Stones in 94 and now we all anticipate the next tour!!

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: August 22, 2010 08:52

For me it seems each tour is better would you believe than the previous. That was up to 94 I guess. But as stated above you meet other Stones fans and I love getting concert tshirts, I always get two or more.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 22, 2010 09:33

>> What motivates you to see so many? <<

smile: same motivation that leads us to have sex more than once

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-22 09:36 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2010 09:44

WHooooeee pity after everytime ya had sex ya could also see the Stones perform ... That'd be a double WAM WAM WAMMY ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: August 22, 2010 10:18

with sssoul
>> What motivates you to see so many? <<

smile: same motivation that leads us to have sex more than once

Yeah, luckily we dont have a three/ four year wait between romps!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 22, 2010 11:22

Rockman
after every time ya had sex ya could also see the Stones perform

ahh but the other way around works out mighty fine! and not nearly as hypothetical :E

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 22, 2010 11:46

To me it is more than the Stoes alone. I try to go to places where I havn't been before. Hanging around with fans before the concert is fun: Pilot Inn in London, before the Twix concerts it was fun, that hamburger place in Chicago in january 2006, the get together in Rome the day before the concert 3 years ago...
meeting Hans in München and after that in many places....smileys with beer

So in the case of a new tour, I'll try to go to Las Vegas (for the American part) and do helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon, the skywalk,... a city where just in case the concert is cancelled you would still have some things to do...

Date: August 22, 2010 12:20

Harm

Indeed Harm. It was totally amazing how we kept on meeting eachother

-------------------

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 22, 2010 12:31

Rolling Hansie
Harm

Indeed Harm. It was totally amazing how we kept on meeting eachother

And I have a feeling that we will meet again at a Rolling Stones concert. Maybe also before that in Eindhoven next month at the cinema? Not sure myself...

Date: August 22, 2010 12:50

Harm
before that in Eindhoven next month at the cinema

No Eindhoven for us. We will be in Almere the 19th.
Movie also plays in Maastricht.
More info on DUTCH STONESFORUM

-------------------

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: August 22, 2010 15:05

Well to me being at a Stones-concert it`s like being home, no, being in heaven. Everytime I am fortunate to see them (around 30 times since 1982) I think: This is not real! Am I going to see THE ROLLING STONES this evening? This cant be real! Most of the concerts I did see from the real frontrow: I have to see these old troupers acting and smiling together, feeling this chemestry onstage, these little views and hugs when someone is nailing or screwing up a number and nobody noticed in the stadium. I love watching these guys, that`s my heaven. At the same time I`m very interested in the music. The music breathes what means to me that every concert has its special moments: till today its possible you`ll hear the best ever version of a song , the best ever solo or you hear the worst ever. Everytime its different, and when they are on tour you don`t wanna miss the concert where they played your favorit song only this one time , do you? So you have to see them as often as you can...

Posted by: atip ()
Date: August 22, 2010 19:25

It's like going on a vacation with the added bonus of getting to see your favorite band, or vice-versa. Add in the partying and what more could you ask for?

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: August 22, 2010 19:27

It's a way of life !

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: August 22, 2010 19:34

i have seen 62 since 1982

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: August 22, 2010 19:49

A concert is never the same. Different setlists interaction between band & crowd for example those are a few reasons to see the Stones more then once.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: August 23, 2010 02:12

3 more till I hit 40!!

The stones just never get old. It's a rush every time. Doesn't matter how many times I hear Honky, BS, TD, SMU, or JJF. They're just the greatest; and very few things in life make me happier

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: August 23, 2010 03:59

TEA AT THREE, sounds we are somewhat alike w/ our music. The one thing that is true w/ my listening to other bands is 'that all paths lead back to THE ROLLING STONES!' I love THE STONES and thier groove..........

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: August 23, 2010 04:21

45 since '75! I go for the music, the rare song, Mick and Keith, a fun night out, my youth, a beer, and now a beer with my daughter.
Really, the music. How can you beat a great version of Midnight Rambler or a treat like Loving Cup ot Play with fire?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-23 04:22 by jjflash73.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home