Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Coffee thread
Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: August 18, 2010 08:02

Two cups with cream no sugar. I buy whatever is on sale.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 18, 2010 08:17

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

?fs=1&amp;

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 18, 2010 10:20

I have a 3 cup espresso pot that you use on the stove. Makes great coffee. I usually use Lavazza branded coffee. Coffee in our house is the weekend treat as we don't drink it in the week.

As I am an Englishman I like Tea and will drink at least 4 mugs during the day. When I wake up though I will drink 2-3 cups of warm water as it apparently aids the digestion.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 18, 2010 10:45

i don't drink coffee.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 18, 2010 10:46

boston2006
Not really fussy about coffee just a cup in the morning is fine . I use instant but if out and about I prefer the coffee from Cumberland Farms convenience stores . Not really sure in what states they are located but they are pretty prevalant in the NE US and it's just $0.99 for any size can't beat that deal .

Dunkin' Donuts is overrated . Starbucks is disgusting !

You sound like quite the connosieur!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 18, 2010 11:39

Edith Grove
Silver Dagger
There's a great little place next door to the French Quarter police station that does great beignettes. Do you know it?

Yes, I know it! Didn't you post a pic of that place a few months ago?

Did I? I think it's this place.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 18, 2010 12:33

Silver Dagger
Edith Grove
Silver Dagger
There's a great little place next door to the French Quarter police station that does great beignettes. Do you know it?

Yes, I know it! Didn't you post a pic of that place a few months ago?

Did I? I think it's this place.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, that's it!

I'm enjoying a cup of Community Coffee (dark roast) right now.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: August 18, 2010 14:26

Love Segrafedro, Illy and something called Cannardo or similar from Italy and from Spain a coffee made in Santander called Cafe dromedario, incredible!!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 18, 2010 15:13

7 cups of Fair Trade coffee weekly. (more money to the farmers and farm hands, less to European coffee billionaires - and never from Starbucks etc.) And gallons and gallons of tea with milk, iced tea, herbal tea, indian chai etc.
I love the smell of freshley ground coffee - but the taste - not so much. And coffee after 5 pm gives me insomnia. Tea, however. Yummy!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 18, 2010 15:17

Coffee-machin Coffee for me...smoking smiley

Date: August 18, 2010 15:28

Mayan coffee with rum and kahlua. Dee-licious!

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: August 18, 2010 15:30

Usually I've 3-4 Espressi in the morning prepared with my Lelit and Ionia Esprresso Coffe from Sicilia/Italy. It's really great stuff for a good start up in the morning.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:46

Silver Dagger
Dee-licious!

Do I hear Keith here?winking smiley

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:21

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:32

Caffeine is highly addictive. Don't believe me? Try doing without coffee/tea for a couple of days and see how you do! Daily caffeine intake, rather than perking you up, is actually just getting rid of withdrawal symptoms each morning. I gave up coffee a year ago and can easily do without it now, and I never really feel tired (or no more than I did previously).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 18:36 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:41

Edith Grove
Hangover cure:

Hey Mister Grove !
What's the weird liquid in the white cup ?smoking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: August 18, 2010 21:04

kleermaker
Silver Dagger
Dee-licious!

Well picked up kleer. Yes, what was it he was talking about? Sum kind of cherry pie I seem to recall.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 18, 2010 21:22

Black coffee
Black coffee
Black coffee
Black coffee
Black coffee

Date: August 18, 2010 21:24

SwayStones
Hey Mister Grove !
What's the weird liquid in the white cup ?

Cafe au lait, New Orleans style !

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 18, 2010 23:02

Silver Dagger
kleermaker
Silver Dagger
Dee-licious!

Well picked up kleer. Yes, what was it he was talking about? Sum kind of cherry pie I seem to recall.

Silver, if I recall well it's the scene in Gimme Shelter when Mick asks Keith what he has in the breastpocket of his blouse and then he shows a card, reads it and says something like "Aunt Minnie says: How Dee-licious" and he smiles, also showing his ragged teeth. That's Keith 1969 all over.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 19, 2010 04:40

WeLoveYou
Caffeine is highly addictive. Don't believe me? Try doing without coffee/tea for a couple of days and see how you do! Daily caffeine intake, rather than perking you up, is actually just getting rid of withdrawal symptoms each morning. I gave up coffee a year ago and can easily do without it now, and I never really feel tired (or no more than I did previously).

I have to have my coffee within an hour of getting up in the morning or else I get a whopping headache that lasts all day long so I know exactly what you're referring to here WeLoveYou. It is very addictive, but after all of the stuff that I've been addicted to over the years, if this is all that I have left, then I say so be it.

I bought a coupla pounds of the Blue Mountain when I was in Jamaica, and man that sh!t messed up my heartrate!! Had my heart racing all day the whole time I brewed it. Couldn't wait to be rid of it.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 19, 2010 04:46

The Greek
dunkin donuts

Amen brother - the best coffee!

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: August 19, 2010 04:47

kleermaker
Silver Dagger
kleermaker
Silver Dagger
Dee-licious!

Silver, if I recall well it's the scene in Gimme Shelter when Mick asks Keith what he has in the breastpocket of his blouse and then he shows a card, reads it and says something like "Aunt Minnie says: How Dee-licious" and he smiles, also showing his ragged teeth. That's Keith 1969 all over.

I think it was fried chicken that Minnie was speaking of on the card.

I don't like coffee very much.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 28, 2010 11:36

treaclefingers
boston2006
Not really fussy about coffee just a cup in the morning is fine . I use instant but if out and about I prefer the coffee from Cumberland Farms convenience stores . Not really sure in what states they are located but they are pretty prevalant in the NE US and it's just $0.99 for any size can't beat that deal .

Dunkin' Donuts is overrated . Starbucks is disgusting !

You sound like quite the connosieur!

I'm a man of wealth and taste .

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: August 28, 2010 12:24

I have about four cups of coffee in the morning straight up(black} no breakfast. I've tried to quit but I get a bad jones ie headaches, so my doctor says if your going to drink coffee drink it black.

Date: August 28, 2010 13:02

Enjoying a cup of the black stuff right now.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 28, 2010 13:19

1 cup in the morning, 1 when I arrive at work 3-4 across the day and 1 in the evening strong black with less a half of of a teaspoon

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 28, 2010 13:34

Good morning.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 28, 2010 21:02

Was that pic of MT taken in front of a Dunkin' Donuts? grinning smiley

Back to coffee, someone mentioned Kona peaberry. Great stuff, but rather expensive.
You can get Maui peaberry (just one island away) for much less, and it's just as good if not better!
The blends are usually crap, with usually only 10%, and the rest pencil shavings.

As for Peets...yes, but they're verging on becoming another Starbucks.
Truth be told, McDonalds has decent coffee now when you're in a hurry.

And some may know of Trader Joes which has a large variety of coffee's from around the world,
with most being pretty damn good at a reasonable price.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 28, 2010 21:24

Coffee beans are just about the only thing in the world I don't mind paying top dollar for. Yes, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a coffee snob. Here in the tatters household, we're partial to coffee beans from Africa; Ethiopian, Kenyan, Tanzanian, Zimbabwean. Not for any political reasons. We just like the way they taste. Right now, though, I've got a pot of Indian Monsoon brewing for tomorrow's possible ICED coffee needs.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home