Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Thread closure by the administrator
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 16, 2010 23:01

There's always Liverpool.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2010 23:07

this is all much ado about nothing nada zilch as the last note has been played for the last song ever live .i wish it was not so ,but !!!!!!!

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: August 16, 2010 23:29

paulywaul
I was being facetious .... JUST in case it had escaped your attention. You should try it yourself, it would make a pleasant change from your being so bloody serious !
oh i'm sorry. you see, the problem with the internet is it is rather difficult to detect facetiousness in text without the proper tone and facial expressions that are involved in vocal communication. may i suggest you use an emoticon to express your facetiousness? perhaps winking smiley or tongue sticking out smiley or smiling bouncing smiley anyone of those will suffice. oops, there i go again, being way too serious! ummm eye popping smiley>grinning smiley< ah yes, there we go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-16 23:31 by bernardanderson.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 16, 2010 23:54

There are some nut cases around. Unfortunately. I don't know if they have a gun or a knife or if they just want to stalk our band members, but fact is it is IORR policy NOT to maintain or publish a list that would make it easier for a nut case to follow their not so normal dreams.

Some people contact me and say they have a gift or a plan or some other private case and they simply MUST book into the Stones hotel. People I do not know, still they expect to tell them the hotel name and nick and habits of the band. When they go to reherasals, what doors they use in hotels, how many security people they have around, and so on.

I could publish such a list. With the exact names of all their hotels, what nicks they use, they home addresses, the full name, picture, age and so on of all their children and grandchildren. When they wake up on tour, what typical cars they use to and from restaurants, where they sit in the car, how they exit the shows, where they go after the shows, their favorite restaurants in the cities they visit, their friends on tour, names of their security people, and a whole lot more. But I will not. I do not want IORR to be the source of a nut case incident.

Already I have seen examples of nut cases who have used information on IORR to seriously bother the band members. By intruding at meals, asking for autographs in private settings, bothering their children, stalking their homes and so on. Even how much we admire and want to be close to the Stones at all times, it is our responsibility to think: "Might this information be bad in the wrong hands?"

There will be no posts of hotel names and favorite restaurants on IORR. May be one or a few names in a random thread off tour, but not an easy to use list. This is not because I want to make trouble for real fans, but because there are 0.01% bad guys out there, and with two million people visiting IORR every year, that is 20 - twenty - bad guys still, and it does takes only one. So sorry no.

Yes. I do have many contacts. After 40+ years it is only natural. I work hard to make the best possible fan club, still maintaining their security. Yes. I do know more about the Stones than the Stones themselves in some ways. Of course. Not in all ways but in some ways like tours, plans, venues, release schedules and all of that who makes up the entire operation of hundreds of people. Some times I arrive to their hotel before they check in, simply because I have a drink with a friend in a city and that drink happens to be in a nice atmospehere. But if I published that name there would be 200 people there and the Stones would have to use the back door so it would be a threat of their security.

I talk to people who organize, people who book shows, own venues, hotels, fans, journalists, insiders, more or less every part of the story. But I do not allow all sorts of information that might compromise their security. I use the combined information to give you the most trusted info long time before it is made public through the official channels. I am sure you all understand why I have to keep some and leak some other info. Also in order to protect sources who ask for privacy. People who say I keep secrets in order to please the "organization" or some other inside circle do not have a clue, and they certainly do not know me as a person at all.

The World Cup thread was closed because the world cup was over, and it was used for off-off topic posts, not really world cup.

Except for that, I think there is a great deal of liberal freedom on IORR, you may in fact say or post anything you like, I am sure I delete less than one out of thousand posts, and I hardly close any theads at all. But I do apprectate the great concern about the policy of course.

Thanks!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 17, 2010 00:15

This will do BV thanks

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 17, 2010 01:04

Very clear Bjornulf.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 17, 2010 01:09

That is the most commentary I have even read from BV. Were used to one liners and quick answers. It's actually worthy of archiving. Part of the IORR creed has emerged.

On a lighter note BV you seem to know too much yourself, maybe they should be wary of you. eye popping smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 17, 2010 08:59

bv
There are some nut cases around. Unfortunately. I don't know if they have a gun or a knife or if they just want to stalk our band members, but fact is it is IORR policy NOT to maintain or publish a list that would make it easier for a nut case to follow their not so normal dreams.

Some people contact me and say they have a gift or a plan or some other private case and they simply MUST book into the Stones hotel. People I do not know, still they expect to tell them the hotel name and nick and habits of the band. When they go to reherasals, what doors they use in hotels, how many security people they have around, and so on.

I could publish such a list. With the exact names of all their hotels, what nicks they use, they home addresses, the full name, picture, age and so on of all their children and grandchildren. When they wake up on tour, what typical cars they use to and from restaurants, where they sit in the car, how they exit the shows, where they go after the shows, their favorite restaurants in the cities they visit, their friends on tour, names of their security people, and a whole lot more. But I will not. I do not want IORR to be the source of a nut case incident.

Already I have seen examples of nut cases who have used information on IORR to seriously bother the band members. By intruding at meals, asking for autographs in private settings, bothering their children, stalking their homes and so on. Even how much we admire and want to be close to the Stones at all times, it is our responsibility to think: "Might this information be bad in the wrong hands?"

There will be no posts of hotel names and favorite restaurants on IORR. May be one or a few names in a random thread off tour, but not an easy to use list. This is not because I want to make trouble for real fans, but because there are 0.01% bad guys out there, and with two million people visiting IORR every year, that is 20 - twenty - bad guys still, and it does takes only one. So sorry no.

Yes. I do have many contacts. After 40+ years it is only natural. I work hard to make the best possible fan club, still maintaining their security. Yes. I do know more about the Stones than the Stones themselves in some ways. Of course. Not in all ways but in some ways like tours, plans, venues, release schedules and all of that who makes up the entire operation of hundreds of people. Some times I arrive to their hotel before they check in, simply because I have a drink with a friend in a city and that drink happens to be in a nice atmospehere. But if I published that name there would be 200 people there and the Stones would have to use the back door so it would be a threat of their security.

I talk to people who organize, people who book shows, own venues, hotels, fans, journalists, insiders, more or less every part of the story. But I do not allow all sorts of information that might compromise their security. I use the combined information to give you the most trusted info long time before it is made public through the official channels. I am sure you all understand why I have to keep some and leak some other info. Also in order to protect sources who ask for privacy. People who say I keep secrets in order to please the "organization" or some other inside circle do not have a clue, and they certainly do not know me as a person at all.

The World Cup thread was closed because the world cup was over, and it was used for off-off topic posts, not really world cup.

Except for that, I think there is a great deal of liberal freedom on IORR, you may in fact say or post anything you like, I am sure I delete less than one out of thousand posts, and I hardly close any theads at all. But I do apprectate the great concern about the policy of course.

Thanks!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Thanks BV, you've answered the question most eloquently. Appreciate it. Fully understand your position.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 17, 2010 09:03

bernardanderson
paulywaul
I was being facetious .... JUST in case it had escaped your attention. You should try it yourself, it would make a pleasant change from your being so bloody serious !
oh i'm sorry. you see, the problem with the internet is it is rather difficult to detect facetiousness in text without the proper tone and facial expressions that are involved in vocal communication. may i suggest you use an emoticon to express your facetiousness? perhaps winking smiley or tongue sticking out smiley or smiling bouncing smiley anyone of those will suffice. oops, there i go again, being way too serious! ummm eye popping smiley>grinning smiley< ah yes, there we go.

The next time we correspond in a thread in that case, I'll be sure to include in my post(s) a picture of myself sporting the appropriate facial expression ....... SMILE .... say CHEESE !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 17, 2010 09:24

I appreciate your explanation, BV.

I remember when someone here posted photos of a band member's house and Google Maps images and other info, and I thought that was pretty unnecessary. And a thread about seeing one of the band at a restaurant and the poster ended up sharing a fair amount of info re: exactly where that was...at the time I thought: well, there goes one more fricking place where he can't fricking go and have a goddamned steak dinner in peace.

There's a slight difference when they're on tour, but I respect BV's decision not to be complicit in further violating any of their privacy, even if it doesn't amount to an actual security threat. I feel like we get enough from them from the stage, recorded music, interviews, film clips, etc not to have to hound them and take a lock of hair or breathe on them or something. If it were thus that I naturally met Keith or Charlie or Woody, I'd be into that, but why would anyone want to force themselves on these guys? When has that ever worked out well, for anyone, under any circumstance? confused smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 17, 2010 14:51

I only would like to have a long conversation with Mick Taylor. It doesn't matter where. And he's not a member of the band.

But I still miss the football thread!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home