Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Thread closure by the administrator
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 15, 2010 23:03

[www.iorr.org]

Sorry Bjornulf, don't understand this decision of yours to close this thread. Security reasons ? WHAT security reasons ? To anyone that has the most miniscule degree of interest in finding out what hotel the band might be in on any particular day in any particular town is hardly a challenge, it would typically be about THE worst kept secret in town on the day in question. Apart from which, this band HASN'T been on tour for over three years now, so what hotels they used last time round - even it were to prove that they'd use them again next time round - is hardly a state secret and hardly a security issue.

Don't get it. We're talking about "hotels", not private residences. "Hotel" .... you know, the kind of place where they ain't fussy, they'd take YOUR money or MY money just as willingly as they'd take Mick Jagger's or Keith Richards' !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Thread closure by the administrator
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 15, 2010 23:07

Everybody in Denmark knows that they stay at D'Agleterre.
All the big names, Macca, U2, Madonna, Clapton etc. do so.
There are lots of pictures from it.
Last time Keith was waving out through the window.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-15 23:10 by mtaylor.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: August 15, 2010 23:27

I get a FAX every tour telling me each hotle they are staying at - so I can make same plans. What is the big deal?

Date: August 15, 2010 23:49

Bjornulf is the boss. This is his board. He's fair & friendly. End of.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: August 15, 2010 23:50

Point is they have plenty of security.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 15, 2010 23:53

The Menace of Mayfair

O no not you again ? So "ours is not to question why" - is that it ?

Rollocks !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2010 00:16

<Point is they have plenty of security.>

And no privacy....

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: August 16, 2010 00:40

mickscarey
I get a FAX every tour telling me each hotle they are staying at - so I can make same plans. What is the big deal?
does that fax come out of your shoes, Maxwell Smart?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 16, 2010 00:45

Paulywaul, why so angry ? You have been here long enough to know that Bjornulf always closes threads that might reveal anything about the whereabouts of the Stones at any time. I also know, just like you, that it is very easy to find out where the Stones are. So does Bjornulf. He just doesn't want it posted on the internet, especially not on his board. That is his good right.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 16, 2010 00:45

hey everyone! when the stones are in toronto, they stay at the four seasons in yorkville! oh wait, i just breached security! i've seen the local tv news station reporting from the hotel in the past. security breach! bv, can you shut them down? just busting your balls a bit winking smiley

Date: August 16, 2010 00:49

There are bad apples everywhere, unfortunately also on this board. No wonder Bjornulf won't risk anything happening to the band we all love because of information posted here...

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 16, 2010 01:10

DandelionPowderman
There are bad apples everywhere, unfortunately also on this board. No wonder Bjornulf won't risk anything happening to the band we all love because of information posted here...

agreed. as much as i totally respect and even love pauywaul. a great rolling stones world spirit and a real draw to this board for me...great posts and great rock and roll heart. but why make it easy for any idiot to get their booking habit info. if a real fan wanted to find the hotel and stand around for hours, well, they find a way to do that anyway. the last guy that asked john lennon for an autograph, GOT the autograph by the way, and then he finished john right there and then. shit happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-16 01:15 by Beelyboy.

Date: August 16, 2010 01:18

oh for @#$%& sake, did you seriously just bring up mark david chapman?
in case you didn't notice, beelyboy, we were discussing hotels, not the exact location of where the stones and their families live or even their hotel room number. what if keith did a book signing, are we not allowed to name the location of where it is for fear of some nutjob showing up and doing something stupid? give me a break. it's a HOTEL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-16 01:19 by bernardanderson.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 16, 2010 01:23

bernard they live in HOTELS. that's why they have hotels. when people are working and not home they LIVE in HOTELS. that's where they LIVE. like when lennon was shot it was at an APARTMENT BUILDING. are u really this lost bernard? don't answer. u already did. if keith has a book signing, errr...his management will provide security teams. yes i'm looking forward to the great keith hi book signing tour. i'm sure he'll be great at that. sit there for 14 hours and sign autographs so someone will his book in case he loses that first hundred million. yes i brought up the guy who killed lennon tho i won't use his name. gee thanks for straightening me out. the hotel thread was about hotels. ok. got it. how can i thank you.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 16, 2010 01:52

I miss the football thread sorely (just had made a great post with great old football vids in b/w from 1970, answering Max from KC, and saw that exactly 5 minutes before I posted it all, the thread had been closed!). And I bet Silver Dagger and others too would have loved to make it to the 100 pages (it was closed at 97). But I didn't ask any question nor complain(ed).

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 16, 2010 02:00

I think BV is as bored as the rest of us and back to closing threads on a whim. We really need some type of Stones activity.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: August 16, 2010 02:04

I think bernard is officially my "stalker"

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 16, 2010 02:05

Where they stay in each city is not exactly a State Secret, and anyone who really wants to can find out that information. Closing the thread seems a little silly to me, but hey, it's not my board...

Date: August 16, 2010 02:07

bernardanderson
mickscarey

OK. I will take you up on it. $500 bucks from you when I post it (of course, gotta figure out how to do that - HAHAHA)

Ok, tough guy, Yea or Nay!!!!

Date: August 16, 2010 02:08

Paranoia, the destroyereye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: August 16, 2010 02:11

sweetcharmedlife
Paranoia, the destroyereye popping smiley

Ah, bernard has 2 "names" Lame

Date: August 16, 2010 02:12

mickscarey
Nobody cares enough about you to stalk you. Go ahead and leave. their will be no I miss mickscarey threads.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 16, 2010 02:14

The Menace of Mayfair

oh, mr. deputy....will you get candies? ;-)

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 16, 2010 02:16

BV has a better connection with the Stones' camp than just about everybody here, so perhaps it's in everyone's interest not to let the "hotel" thread go on.

Just a thought.

Date: August 16, 2010 02:21

sweetcharmedlife
mickscarey
Nobody cares enough about you to stalk you. Go ahead and leave. their will be no I miss mickscarey threads.
Thye like me, they really like me!!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 16, 2010 02:39

Wrong thread..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-16 02:40 by NICOS.

Date: August 16, 2010 03:17

mickscarey
bernardanderson
mickscarey

OK. I will take you up on it. $500 bucks from you when I post it (of course, gotta figure out how to do that - HAHAHA)

Ok, tough guy, Yea or Nay!!!!
i don't trust you, not after that whole promising-to-scan-and-post-your-ticketstub debacle.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: August 16, 2010 03:28

DandelionPowderman

If the knowledge is as common and easily gained as it appears to be, I don't see how this thread would pose a security threat to the Stones while they were touring, let alone now, a good year out from a POSSIBLE tour.

Date: August 16, 2010 04:52

hotels are large. maybe some of you don't realize that there's more than one room in a hotel? there's also many floors to a hotel. sometimes over 10!
the rolling stones are a rock and roll band. they're not bin laden. they're not the president. they're not even members of the bilderberg group. why all the secrecy? is there some nut out there that wants to harm them because they released "streets of love" as a single? if there was, he'd have ample opportunities to do so at concerts and other events. so, enough already. if we want to chat about which hotel the stones are staying for the night, we should be allowed to.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 16, 2010 06:34

room 10-09 please.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home