Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith says "there is something on the horizon"
Date: December 29, 2010 01:59

Keith said tonight in an interview on BBC Radio 2 that "there is something on the horizon" or something like that.... New album perhaps before performing live again. It sounds like a fireworks type show is not in the cards.... He said the Stones have to figure out a way to "grow up" OK, The Rolling Stones on stage, just music...it works for me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-29 02:02 by HopeYouGuessMyName.

Re: Keith says "there is something on the horizon"
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 29, 2010 02:00

Nice to hear but unfortunately, Keith has made these hopes in the past with nothing coming into fruition but just another run of the mill Cohl/Jagger tour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 29, 2010 02:04

I'd also imagine that interview was taped several weeks ago.....

Everything he says may as well be hot air at the minute unless Mick says the same. And he's been very quiet in recent months regarding this subject.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 29, 2010 02:23

More Bullshit from Keith,Gazza, is right nothing will be done until the Big Boss says so.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 29, 2010 02:26

Keith has been talking about the Stones finding a way to grow up since at least 1990.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2010 02:32

there is something on the horizon

Yeah a rock&roll pirate ship..........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: December 29, 2010 06:35

71Tele
Keith has been talking about the Stones finding a way to grow up since at least 1990.

Yeah, and it's a damn shame Mick won't listen to him.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 29, 2010 07:12

Gazza
Everything he says may as well be hot air at the minute unless Mick says the same. And he's been very quiet in recent months regarding this subject.

It's all a game. They are the music masters of it. Good cop bad cop. Mick is no idiot, he loves money and attention more than life itself.

He knows that "tension" buildup will increase demand. Adam Smith wrote about this centuries ago. I don't buy any of this estrangement crap, it is all pre-planned.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 29, 2010 09:30

We all are expecting something new from these people. Keith seems to be anxious about playing; but i wonder why does'nt he develop some solo work instead of waiting and waiting and waiting for Mick. He is much lazier than i thought, and maybe underestimates himself and has no enough confidence to work alone.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 29, 2010 11:59

Hopefully a bit of winter sun to melt the sodding snow and ice.

Date: December 29, 2010 12:00

Like someone else said in another thread: I am not going to pay any attention to future Stonesplans unless they come from Jagger or from an official announcement. Keith has made these statements many times in latter year, and with each time they sound a little bit more ridiculous. "Charlie has that glint in his eye", "Let the tiger out, the boys want to play". At this point in the game these sentences all sound silly anyway.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:12

"This thing is bigger than Mick and I"
Keith Richards

Now we know the "thing" is the annual band assets report Prince Loewenstein writes fro them.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 29, 2010 14:07

These figures are probably what concerns Mick:

[www.sacbee.com]

Huge drop in ticket sales and revenue. In NA a double digit drop.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 29, 2010 14:44

Well, you know what Mickscarey says!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 29, 2010 15:29

keith's been 'saying' a lot of things, it would be nice if he (indeed all of them) would do a little less 'saying' and a little more 'doing' .... !! I mean it's only been three and a half years. F**k me, I'm pretty fond of a vacation myself, but a three and a half year long one ? Please ! Get with the program boys, it's TIME !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 29, 2010 16:00

Yes there is...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 29, 2010 16:27

MTAYLOR has hit the nail right on the head as people really don't have the $$$ to spend on a BIG High priced tours and yes
Cohl and Jagger are business people and why tour unless you can make a few $..Or worse they could lose a ton of cash.

Sadly cd sales are way down and fans are not paying top dollars to see bands anymore so why push for a tour untill things improve.
The good news is that the economy is looking better in the USA as Americans are starting to spend money again. Things are starting to look bright. So they may tour..

Calling Keith lazy is very funny..The guy is almost 70 and has been working for 50 years.. I hope i can do what they do when i'm 70.
I just hope i'm still kicking...ha..

I also think its what was said before--Keith/Wood say they may tour and Jagger/Watts say they are done or say nothing....It help build up excitement and a higher demand for tickets....You know, This could be their LAST TOUR -- So i better get a ticket!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 29, 2010 16:37

KeithNacho
We all are expecting something new from these people. Keith seems to be anxious about playing; but i wonder why does'nt he develop some solo work instead of waiting and waiting and waiting for Mick. He is much lazier than i thought, and maybe underestimates himself and has no enough confidence to work alone.

I agree...but, I don't think Keith is underestimating himself. Sadly, the hands aren't what they used to be due to the arthritis.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: December 29, 2010 17:32

Just music, shure..thats what we've been waiting for tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 29, 2010 23:29

hot stuff

Calling Keith lazy is very funny..The guy is almost 70 and has been working for 50 years.. I hope i can do what they do when i'm 70.
I just hope i'm still kicking...ha..
He's probably only really worked about 25-30 out of those 50 years and it's not liek he has to go punch a clock in a factory every day. Most of the last 50 years he has been completely wasted.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: December 29, 2010 23:42

The Sicilian
Gazza

It's all a game. They are the music masters of it. Good cop bad cop. Mick is no idiot, he loves money and attention more than life itself.

He knows that "tension" buildup will increase demand. Adam Smith wrote about this centuries ago. I don't buy any of this estrangement crap, it is all pre-planned.

Absolutely! You are one smart man!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 30, 2010 03:06

Yeah, it is called a new tour

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 30, 2010 03:13

more likely that mick will duet w/ michael jackson again than it is for a new album

Date: December 30, 2010 05:19

LeonidP
more likely that mick will duet w/ michael jackson again than it is for a new album

Michael Jackson has passed away..... No more "States of Shock" are on any horizon

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 30, 2010 10:05

treaclefingers
KeithNacho

I agree...but, I don't think Keith is underestimating himself. Sadly, the hands aren't what they used to be due to the arthritis.

Is himself who says he wants to play................but he does'nt. If he feels that his arthritis is a problem, why say he wants the Stones back on the road?. Maybe he feels better feeling that the problem is Jagger.
Old Richards has nothing to do with pre 80s Richard

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home