Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Album you can't stop playing?
Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:00

For me its Some Girls. Maybe its the first album I remember but the flow and the rockers on there always get me going. I think WTWCD is my favorite over Shadoobiesmiling smiley

Re: Album you can't stop playing?
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:02

Exile

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:06

Beggars, Exile, Let it Bleed and Sticky

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:12

if it becomes a problem, try turning the volume down or off. if that doesn't work, you might just unplug the turntable or cd player. do this only as a last resort, however, as this may cause unwanted damage to your device.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:14

Easy. EOMS.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:26

EASY AFTERMATH

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:27

Ya-Ya's

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:28

I mostly listen to live bootlegs from a certain era. As for studio albums: GHS, Buttons UK, Exile. And I have a collection of favourite outtakes.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:48

Exile on Main St.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:57

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 10, 2010 20:00

The Who - Live at Leeds

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: August 10, 2010 20:22

Sticky Fingers and Exile. I could listen to them forever. Never got tired of them.

Date: August 10, 2010 20:36

i find it very interesting that folks (assuming they aren't new to the stones) can listen to something as old as exile or sticky fingers repeatedly. great albums for sure, but they've long-since been committed to memory for me. i can conjure them up in my head at a moment's notice as needed. might need an actual top-up every 2 or 3 years, but otherwise i have no interest in listening to them anymore. life's too short to listen to something you know well, when there's so much untapped new music out there. sorta like reading your favorite books or watching your fave movie....

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 10, 2010 20:39

Let it bleed!!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 10, 2010 20:50

StonesTod
i find it very interesting that folks (assuming they aren't new to the stones) can listen to something as old as exile or sticky fingers repeatedly. great albums for sure, but they've long-since been committed to memory for me. i can conjure them up in my head at a moment's notice as needed. might need an actual top-up every 2 or 3 years, but otherwise i have no interest in listening to them anymore. life's too short to listen to something you know well, when there's so much untapped new music out there. sorta like reading your favorite books or watching your fave movie....

Good music never bores, Tod. Just like good paintings: you can see them 1000 times without getting bored. But books and films are a different case.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 10, 2010 21:13

StonesTod
sorta like reading your favorite books or watching your fave movie....

With that kind of logic you shouldn't have spent the last 6 years on this web site posting those tongue-in-cheek comments of yours, right! smiling smiley

Date: August 10, 2010 21:28

kleermaker
StonesTod

Good music never bores, Tod. Just like good paintings: you can see them 1000 times without getting bored. But books and films are a different case.

a bookcase?

i never said bored....but it's been a long-time since i've been "surprised" by anything on an old stones album. like i said, they are committed to memory. i think that if i'm not hearing something "new," then i'm not inclined to listen as much as i am to listen to something that has the element of surprise and newness.

Date: August 10, 2010 21:29

The Stones
StonesTod
sorta like reading your favorite books or watching your fave movie....

With that kind of logic you shouldn't have spent the last 6 years on this web site posting those tongue-in-cheek comments of yours, right! smiling smiley

6 years? it's been at least a dozen. but maybe it was all fresh the first six years....

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 11, 2010 14:24

I can still hear stuff on Exile I've never noticed before !

Date: August 11, 2010 16:43

Some Girls
Sticky Fingers
Aftermath
Tattoo You
Black And Blue
Emotional Rescue (Don´t ask me why, might have something to do with the guitar sound on this record)

I´ve had my dose of Exile for a while because of the re-release, but it should be up there with the others after a couple of Exile-free weeks.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: August 11, 2010 16:45

Muswell Hillbillies

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 11, 2010 16:46

Always the last one they released. So, it's Exile's bonus cd.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 11, 2010 16:52

StonesTod

I agree completely! There was a time when I couldn't get enough of most Stones albums, but once I played them way too many times, I just can't keep them in any regular rotation anymore. I much prefer new stuff over re-hashing older albums.

Lately I've been listening to this band, The Blakes (with heavy Stones, Kinks, Beatles influences):
[www.myspace.com]
They kick ass!

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 11, 2010 17:08

Some Girls
Exile
Stripped
Sticky Fingers
Let it Bleed
12x5
Get Yer Ya Yas Out
Tatoo You

Date: August 11, 2010 18:04

Spud
I can still hear stuff on Exile I've never noticed before !

i rarely notice stuff i've never noticed before....

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: August 11, 2010 18:35

tom petty and the heartbreakers-mojo (best album i've heard all yr)
the black crowes-croweology

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: August 11, 2010 23:04

Murmur

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 11, 2010 23:23

A Couple Of Summers Ago: "From the Private Bag" by Mingo Fishtrap
More Recently: "Listen Hear" by Dumpstaphunk
Recently: Rotating through the three live J Geils Band Albums "Full House", Blow Your Face Out" & "Showtime" on my way to gigs.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: August 11, 2010 23:42

yay - another mingo fishtrap fan! very tower of power-like....been digging their "yesterday" record a lot...

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: August 12, 2010 00:01

Lately, Black and Blue and Darkness on the Edge of Town

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home