Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: Mick Taylor canceled... again
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 16, 2010 03:11

IN his current condition. Taylor wouldn't last a week on a Stones tour.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 16, 2010 03:41

Altefutze
and you want this clown to replace RW?

Who are you calling a clown?

Date: August 16, 2010 03:45

Beelyboy

mick taylor IS a rolling stone. keith was RIGHTER THAN RAIN, maybe righter than he even knew at the time when he said the only way; the ONLY way you leave this band is in a box. !!! ! dig it girls. bill woman IS a Rolling Stone. these are the people who INVENTED the brand by BEING WHO THEY ARE. and interacting with WHO THE OTHERS ARE. and that's chemistry. or whatever u call something that makes your body rise with bumps and your heart rush to your mouth and it takes your breath and you RISE like from the DEAD and the drummer thinks that he is dynamite et set err ahh.

"Bill Woman"!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 16, 2010 06:34

beelyboy...Think About it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-28 01:39 by Beelyboy.

Date: August 16, 2010 06:59

sweetcharmedlife

but it's make a good week of boots! chuck can do the lead breaks on sway. it's all good. i mean most of the set is stuff that taylor created in the studio live putting down those rolling stone classic rhythm tracks on all the biggest big hits. and little overdub flourishes that turned htw and bs et. al. into country masterpieces of soulful classic rock and roll in an entirely evolved amalgam even elvis would stand back and be proud to roll with. amazing stuff. yes amazing before taylor. me big huge fan of decca london brian jones stones. but the 'golden' period doesn't start and end with taylor's contributions on coincidence. it was grace. it was stone grace. it's a gift from the rock and roll gods. the ironic thing is most of the tadpoles i been pissin' on in the pond here LOVE The stones TRULY have been moved by them. which albums if they are honest? even if they by virtue of human birth dates came onto the scene in it'sliteral aftermath?? the soulful rockers here. most all of us love the same damn bleed thru soup give a take one or two on the either end. there it is. not exclusively of course but if you are honest, no matter what generation you come from, when you KNOW in your soul that the stones are YOUR band, it's cause the radio pops out honkytonk or sugar or u play ya-yas or the glorious behind hoping for sticky fingers. the smooth drive thru the american southern culture that is the ribald gracious blues centered groove that is exiles...and onward...those cuts. yeh the earliest satisifaction era compilations but everybody loves mostly the same 'golden period' albums. have had great emotions and experiences around the same darn stuff. yet mouths get shot off as if wyman wasn't there as if taylor wasn't there and anybody else could have replaced either of them and on and on with such revisionist oddly tragically flawed, if not immature reactive teen magazine bitchiness u'd expect from a warped 12 year old fan...the warhorses? oddly enough taylor stuff. he was THERE PLAYING It wIth charlie AND BILL AND KEITH AND IT'S HIS RECORD.(S). LIKE IT OR NOT. u setlist bitchers? including sometimes me. dig the stuff jagger and richards have most confidence in and keep on slogging out same set almost decade after decade when they put on the paint and take the play on the road... i mean it should be easy for the genius here to beat taylor as simple rhythm player on exile as mathijs claims. right? so you ALL have the damn pro tools. you are ALL so knowledgeable; i mean mathijs you must be the best engineer that God ever gave so much talent to, in one man's body. right? i'm with you. just say, listen to dance little sister. simple basic rhythm part ANYONE Can play...two guitars. same damn thing over and over again. that's all it is. nothing fancy. i mean you guys know exactly what guitar which model what year what strings what amp who manufactured the plectra, what the weather is, whether whose hemmroid had healed by eight oh clock on what day drinking what kind of whiskey from which distillery and what the name of the butler is...so this should be easy...real easy. just take a sec. put two minutes of it down right now.

then overdub the other rhythm ala keith or whatever simple basic tired same ol' thing that taylor is doin' there...and put it up here on the web. just do it. show me how easy it is to just nail that. don't worry about the bass; any drum beat in the sampe bpm will do. we have ears. easy stuff. just lay it down. just do that nothing little thing anybody could do. take time off your busy schedule as a life long artist PROVING it decade after decade, never mind show after show for a year or two or five...and just you know, show us how it's done. take time out from your stones cover band emulating taylor and do it.

oh wait!! now i got it. mathijs you're a big fan of flip the swith and other utter bottom dwelling dross of latter day stoneage. you probably have or have had a stones band. now i finally get you. anybody CAN play ron wood stones stuff. NOBODY can play the taylor stuff. espcially ron haw. no, he's good at it a lot of the time...i mean really... but as for ron's contribution as actual original gutiarist with the stones, what there is of it. whatever original contribution he might have made with some excellent rhythms and leads over the years when permitted...(u see taylor on stage he ain't askin anybody for permission by the way)...well my guess is you stones copy cats can nail and approximate that kinda faux 81 stuff pretty easily; and would have to get a guy with so much talent to really 'get' the taylor stuff across, that that guy wouldn't be in a stones copy band.

mathijs you could probably play ya yas note for note and i'd like to hear some of it.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-16 07:26 by Beelyboy.

Date: August 16, 2010 07:22

Beelyboy
71Tele
Beelyboy

mick taylor IS a rolling stone. keith was RIGHTER THAN RAIN, maybe righter than he even knew at the time when he said the only way; the ONLY way you leave this band is in a box. !!! ! dig it girls. bill woman IS a Rolling Stone. these are the people who INVENTED the brand by BEING WHO THEY ARE. and interacting with WHO THE OTHERS ARE. and that's chemistry. or whatever u call something that makes your body rise with bumps and your heart rush to your mouth and it takes your breath and you RISE like from the DEAD and the drummer thinks that he is dynamite et set err ahh.

"Bill Woman"!

haww! the puter had one of these 'auto correct spell' things and i kept typing W.Y.M.A.N. and it kept helpfully changing it to woman. dohhhh!!! i guess the computer wins in the end. bill woman it is. for the stone with the most woman i guess.

I really thought you were referring to Bill as "Bill Woman" because he quit the Stones. I thought it was brilliant...by the way, isn't the "there's nothing bad about Darryl" quote from me?

Date: August 16, 2010 07:28

no; tele71 (over three thousand posts in nine months as just this one character amdist a dozen others here....is also 71tele crisscrossmind helterskelter stonesseventytwo 69boogie micksbrain on and on....z

beelyboy...Think About it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 01:17 by Beelyboy.

Date: August 16, 2010 07:32

Beelyboy
ha is it tele??? i forget. it might be. i know the other one is from colonial. we were goin' back and forth about something or other and i was teasing a bit or something and he was really tryin' to get me take his point seriously and wrote earnestly 'beelyboy think about it' however...haw, and i went boingggg that's my signature. thanks tele!! i was tryin' to remember where i got the rest of that...it was probably the same thread where i was every so gently and respectfully assessing mr. jones' contributions,/////

Yes, it was me, and my point about Darryl was that yes, nothing bad about him, but he's no Bill Wyman with all his off-center strangeness that helped make the rhythm section the rhythm section. Now it's "merely" a very professional bass player and rhythm section, suitable for the Chuck Leavell Era, but not the Rolling Stones.

Loved what you said about what we all really like about the Stones is those five albums give or take one or two on either end. Every brush stroke mattered, so they would NOT have been equally good without Taylor or Wyman (sorry Mathjis).

Date: August 16, 2010 07:34

sweetcharmedlife

And how long would Ron Wood last "in his current condition"? And don't tell me he would be fine because he's sober, as we have heard that one before, oh, about seven or eight times now.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 16, 2010 07:46

71Tele
sweetcharmedlife

And how long would Ron Wood last "in his current condition"? And don't tell me he would be fine because he's sober, as we have heard that one before, oh, about seven or eight times now.

I would bet money that currently Ronnie could easily outlast Taylor on tour (healthwise).

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 16, 2010 08:35

71 Tele- but MT shows the most wear and tear. The severe bloated face and stomach is a tell tale sign things are not going well physically. Woody, seems to remain thin, but that doesn't mean that he is in better cardiovascular shape.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2010 10:51

Altefutze
and you want this clown to replace RW?

Who's the clown? I'am not even going to defend it! confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-16 10:55 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2010 15:50

<...anybody CAN play ron wood stones stuff. NOBODY can play the taylor stuff.> <Beelboy>
<....and would have to get a guy with so much talent to really 'get' the taylor stuff across, that that guy wouldn't be in a stones copy band.> <Beelboy>

Agreed.

Date: August 16, 2010 16:34

Midnight Toker
71 Tele- but MT shows the most wear and tear. The severe bloated face and stomach is a tell tale sign things are not going well physically. Woody, seems to remain thin, but that doesn't mean that he is in better cardiovascular shape.

So now you have medical credentials. I will not attempt to diagnose people based on their appearance, but you go ahead.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 16, 2010 16:43

Ahh, go listen to the new Faces stuff and chill out.

Date: August 16, 2010 17:09

ablett

The so-called Faces with an imposter vocalist? No, thanks...

Date: August 16, 2010 17:25

"The so-called Faces with an imposter vocalist? No, thanks..."

...or celebrate a great stones guitarist playing very well with a great band??

Date: August 16, 2010 17:55

ablett
"The so-called Faces with an imposter vocalist? No, thanks..."

...or celebrate a great stones guitarist playing very well with a great band??

I am a hardcore Stones fan, but have no more interest in Ron Wood playing with The Phony Faces than I do in Bill Wyman playing with his metal detector.

Date: August 16, 2010 17:58

71Tele
ablett

The so-called Faces with an imposter vocalist? No, thanks...
Well if you don't even listen to it then how do you know? Even if you don't like Mick Hucknall(and at least he didn't ask the band to play the songs in a lower key to accomodate his shot voice like Rod did). Then listen to Ron Wood play. Best he's played in years.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 16, 2010 18:06

If RW was a gifted single note solo player then why did he copy MT's live solos on ADTL, and Sway, CYHMK. He butchered sway and cyhmk and should of came up with his own solo arrangements.

play that guitar boy

Date: August 16, 2010 18:14

Ahh bless, the ol' MT mafia.

Can you imagine your reaction if RW HAD attempted to play his own solo's??

You'd have had an heart attack.

Have you played the recent Faces stuff on Youtube?

Date: August 16, 2010 18:26

ablett

No, if he would have played his own solos (as MT did on the Jones-era stuff) I would have more respect for him than for playing butchered Taylor solos. The fact that he chose to try to play MT's solos means those parts were so strong that they became identified with the songs, i.e., you can't think of "Sway", for example, without thinking of Taylor's part.

As for the Faux Faces on YouTube, why would I bother, as I am not the slightest bit interested. By the way, I don't watch Taylor solo show clips either, or Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings.

Date: August 16, 2010 18:30

ablett

And bless the "Go, Ronnie, Go" crowd. Almost anything he does is brilliant, and what is truly awful and indefensible (by standards applied to any other professional musician) can be explained away or excused.

Date: August 16, 2010 18:31

Oh I forgot - His solo on Shine a Light on Stripped is again a bad attempt.

At least when MT joined the band he put is OWN stamp on jagger/richards compositions - look what he did with HTW, and JJF that bad ass dirty soloing he took studio songs and made them rock. MR, GS, Dead Flowers, etc

play that guitar boy

Date: August 16, 2010 18:37

Ablett - RW did it with the Coors Live - He played Little Wing and did not even try and play a single note solo. He took a Hendrix song and played a slide solo to play it safe live onstage. Its real easy to slide down and up to a note then to actual play it and bend it and have sustain

play that guitar bpy

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: August 16, 2010 19:00

I can't wait for Ladies & Gentelman - 9/16/10!!

And Albett - I'll watch the "new" Faces if they record a show on DVD..

Wouldn't buy a ticket...

MLC

Date: August 16, 2010 19:03

71Tele
ablett

As for the Faux Faces on YouTube, why would I bother, as I am not the slightest bit interested. By the way, I don't watch Taylor solo show clips either, or Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings.
But yet it doesn't stop you from criticizing them.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 16, 2010 19:04

OpenG
Oh I forgot - His solo on Shine a Light on Stripped is again a bad attempt.

At least when MT joined the band he put is OWN stamp on jagger/richards compositions - look what he did with HTW, and JJF that bad ass dirty soloing he took studio songs and made them rock. MR, GS, Dead Flowers, etc

play that guitar boy

Well for what Taylor did with this live songs is to much and it doesn`t work for me, i found it overdone.
And you can`t compare the 70`s en nowadays because allot has changed, people don`t want to hear improvise stuff anymore because they don`t recognize the songs anymore.

And please don`t make it a ronnie wood versus mick Taylor thread, just hope that Taylor his health will be allright and that he can make allot of us happy with his playing.

Posted by: fuman ()
Date: August 16, 2010 19:09

Couldn't resist posting this Craigs List ad for a Stones tribute band, looking for a guitarist:
--------------------------
We are seeking a guitar pro. that is willing to dress and play the part of Ron Wood. This is a SUBSTITUTE position. Our current player isn't ALWAYS available. The show must go on! We offer paid gigs in and out of California, so please have a flexible schedule. A photo is a must. Please send photos, Facebook Page or any other pertinent info. We are seeking a slender rocker look.
We will be holding auditions in the coming weeks. If selected to come down, we will give you a few song titles upon your submission. We have been established in the bay area going on 10 years. Check theurs.com for more about the band. Thank You!
--------------------------

- A photo is a must
- We are seeking a slender rocker look

So even a current Stones tribute band understands what the Stones have become.

Eye candy, if you're in to that . . .

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 16, 2010 19:09

71Tele
The fact that he chose to try to play MT's solos means those parts were so strong that they became identified with the songs, i.e., you can't think of "Sway", for example, without thinking of Taylor's part.

By the way, I don't watch Taylor solo show clips either, or Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings.

Well, remember the songwriting debate? Put your remark in that perspective. Interesting words: "you can't think of "Sway" without thinking of Taylor's part", which actually means: there's no (real) Sway without Taylor's part.

I would have a listen to this one if I were you, even if it's Taylor solo. As an exception.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home