Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ozzys new CD
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 1, 2010 08:29

Has any one heard Ozzy Osbournes new CD I think its called Scream.is it any good?

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: Ozzys new CD
Date: August 1, 2010 11:56

its his best album since ozzmosis. the first 2 tracks are are really weak and sound like modern day ozzy. the 3rd track is a little better but after that that its a pretty good album.

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: August 2, 2010 15:56

I thought Ozzy's last decent album was the 1991 one, don't even recall the name.

Speaking of negotiations and uh DECENT...... He and Iomi are currently negotiating a deal on a Sabbath tour next Summer. iomi was very quick after Ronnie James Dio's death to bury the hatchet with Ozzy and telling the whole wiorld it was strictly business not perosnal and everything's fine now and the road's cleared for a tour an new music.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 2, 2010 15:58

I personally think that it's a horrible album, IMO. There's a reason why it's always for sale for such a cheap price ($7.99 usually at Best Buy). There is really only 1 good track on the whole thing in my opinion. I'd not waste your money on it - ask a friend to burn you a copy and be content at that.

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: August 2, 2010 16:00

Had a promo and it's brandnew. The second hand shop here in Essen who buys all my cd's even only gave 2 euros for it instead of the usual 4!

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: August 2, 2010 16:05

Posted by: mandu ()

Has any one heard Ozzy Osbournes new CD I think its called Scream.is it any good?

...I am guessing no, just like all the rest of them

incidentally, mandu is a korean dumpling, they're great when pan fried and dipped in korean hot sauce.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-02 16:07 by stones77.

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 2, 2010 16:42

It's an awful pandering to the modern metal trends du jour. Every song is weaker than the last. I got FOUR of them (as downloads) because I bought four tickets to OzzFest. They encouraged giving away the extras so I did and the friends I gave them to think it's sh+t as well.

Date: August 2, 2010 17:27

VoodooLounge13
I personally think that it's a horrible album, IMO. There's a reason why it's always for sale for such a cheap price ($7.99 usually at Best Buy). There is really only 1 good track on the whole thing in my opinion. I'd not waste your money on it - ask a friend to burn you a copy and be content at that.

the new black crowes releases are also $7.99 when they first come out at best buy

Date: August 2, 2010 17:35

the new black crowes releases are also $7.99 when they first come out at best buy

..if they paid me $7.99 to buy it, I might consider that

Date: August 2, 2010 17:38

stones77

you hate the crowes?

anyways the point was thats a standard sale price at best buy and you can't judge the quality of the release by the sale price. as a matter of fact i got ringo's new album y not for that price and the stones compilation jump back is that price

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 2, 2010 19:21

Sony was selling autographed copies of the CD for $9.99 through mail order. They had 400 for sale.

Date: August 2, 2010 19:48

keefriffhard4life
stones77

you hate the crowes?

anyways the point was thats a standard sale price at best buy and you can't judge the quality of the release by the sale price. as a matter of fact i got ringo's new album y not for that price and the stones compilation jump back is that price

not really

just don't find them terribly exciting or inventive, and i think the singer stinks

guitar players are decent, though, and the drummer is excellent

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 6, 2010 15:35

keefriffhard4life
VoodooLounge13

Yes, but it's been on sale for the price several times since, at least here in upstate NY. Usually it's only the first week of sales that it's that cheap, and hence my comment. It's not moving nearly as many copies as was expected. Largely in part because it's crap. I wasn't saying it was in any way tied to the price, but rather the fact that they continuously are offering it for that price, and yes I know they have their whole green and orange tagged CDs for $7.99 and $9.99, but generally new releases are only on sale that first week of release unless it's a smash album like say a Taylor Swift or someone similar who is the current flavor of the moment......

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 6, 2010 15:58

Ozzy Osbourne is a wreck!

Date: August 6, 2010 16:39

VoodooLounge13
keefriffhard4life
VoodooLounge13

Yes, but it's been on sale for the price several times since, at least here in upstate NY. Usually it's only the first week of sales that it's that cheap, and hence my comment. It's not moving nearly as many copies as was expected. Largely in part because it's crap. I wasn't saying it was in any way tied to the price, but rather the fact that they continuously are offering it for that price, and yes I know they have their whole green and orange tagged CDs for $7.99 and $9.99, but generally new releases are only on sale that first week of release unless it's a smash album like say a Taylor Swift or someone similar who is the current flavor of the moment......

them crooked vultures still goes on sporadic sales in best buy. 1 week it was $12.99 and 2 weeks later it was $8.99 and this was in july. that album has been out close to a year

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 7, 2010 01:37

I must admit I was disappointing. The album sounds like new fresf idea due to the replacement of Zakk. But in fact my first listening was boring. I will give it another chance.
Most important is the concert in Paris sept 20. Ozzy was not around here since 92 ...

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 7, 2010 03:39

susannewortmann
I thought Ozzy's last decent album was the 1991 one, don't even recall the name.

The album was called No More tears, and the tital track is FANTASTIC.
O liked the 1995 follow-up too - Ozzmosis. 'I Just Want You' and 'See You On the Other Side' are both guilty pleasures of mine.

smoking smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 7, 2010 13:49

OO is a talentless brain dead moron who has been eating out on his Black Sabbath days for too long, if erver there was a case for packing up and retiring, this is it. He can't sing at all these days and in my opinion struggled after he left Sabbath. It's all rather sad the whole Osbourne thing. His wife is even worse - she's bled the name to death in every way possible, the only one of them who deserves any semblence of celebrity is Jack - at least he actually does something. Ossy @#$%& Osbourne, don't make me laugh....he bites the head off a bat and makes a career out of it...he's pathetic!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: August 7, 2010 14:06

Can't stand Ozzy. VERY much overrated. Same with Black Sab. Never got into them. Also his image as a "I'm a helpless old wasted @#$%& but you have to love me" is going me on my nerves.

Date: August 7, 2010 14:50

crumbling_mice
OO is a talentless brain dead moron who has been eating out on his Black Sabbath days for too long, if erver there was a case for packing up and retiring, this is it. He can't sing at all these days and in my opinion struggled after he left Sabbath. It's all rather sad the whole Osbourne thing. His wife is even worse - she's bled the name to death in every way possible, the only one of them who deserves any semblence of celebrity is Jack - at least he actually does something. Ossy @#$%& Osbourne, don't make me laugh....he bites the head off a bat and makes a career out of it...he's pathetic!

or maybe it was his first 2 great solo albums he made a name off it. he's hit 1 great solo album since the early 80's and 4 good albums and the rest are bad. his wife is a douche though. they rip off former band members all the time

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: August 7, 2010 22:13

I had a friend rope me into seeing Ozzy in DC about a year or two ago. He was with Zack Wilde. Boy was that awful. He was screwing up lyrics and mailing in songs. He even started yelling at the audience because they were quiet. Probably because we were in shock at how bad it was. He had Wilde noodle for almost a friggin half hour while he went off the stage and did whatever. We even ended up getting into a fight over it. Although, if I was like 14, Rob Zombie would have been cool - him and his demented video loop that played some of the same things over and over like a nightmare - Herman Munster driving in a road race, for instance. Black Sabbath is his only hope, and only if the band is writing the music and not him.

Date: August 8, 2010 02:48

oh i agree ozzy has been shit live for 10+ years

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 8, 2010 02:59

For me the whole Black Sabbath/Ozzy is a one day fly .........I only can recall one hit Paranoid which was great back the and still is

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 8, 2010 03:19

pay attention to Sabbath and listen to the complete Castle box set (on spotify...)

You will be amazed. Sabbath made it . I mean the step from rock to 'hard rock".
Paranoid is a master LP with some treasures like planet caravan, iron man, fearies.

Listen to the rain during Black Sabbath song. This is the beginning of something. A @#$%& new sound for the time.
And the WARNING !! waouh a very long song with breaks and different styles. And if you want to know how play the guitar listen it !

WHat about SOLITUDE a very special one. Lovely song. Supposed to be sung by Ozzy but I believe this is Geezer on it.

Sabbath is a major band in music history.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 8, 2010 03:25

Maybe I wasn't born on the right spot or place ...............I will check some of the songs you mentioned

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-08 13:05 by NICOS.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 8, 2010 11:36

don´t like ozzys music, just sounds awful and he´s a very bad singer. i know there will be other opinions but that´s just mine, and now, he´s really a wreck

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 8, 2010 21:23

Black Sabbath was the first band I ever really got into, back in the early seventies - so they will always be special for me. That said, I never bought an album/cd by them after Ozzy left (although I did see them on their first tour with Dio), and I've never bought any of Ozzy's solo cds (Although I think that Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde are phenomenal guitarists).

I watched the dvd 'Black Sabbath - The Last Supper' Friday night. It was from the 1999 reunion tour. I love Ozzy's voice but IMO the guy has the worst stage presence of any major rock star I've ever seen. He was 49 when this was filmed (the age I am now), but even then he shuffled around like an old man, and IMO his performance came off rather buffoonish and goofy. (come to think of it, when I saw them in '78, he didn't act much differently). The band was in great form though, especially Geezer Butler.

Ozzy has a knack for finding exceptional guitarists to work with, I hope the new guy he has is interesting. (One of these days I'm going to buy Ozzy's live cd with Zakk Wylde playing a lot of Sabbath tunes...I've heard that, and it is killer).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-08 21:30 by Keefan.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 9, 2010 00:13

Iommi basically invented heavy-metal (much more so than Page who played a sort of LOUD blues-rock) with his wall of sound, riffs based on diminished 5th and downtuned guitars.

Ozzy died the day he did that stupid reality-TV show. He became a product fit for the US mass-consumption market...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home