Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Satisfaction Incident
Posted by: Fender ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:00

So we have all heard of Keith recording the Satisfaction riff in the middle of the night and of course, dozing off to sleep with the tape recorder still running.

Just out of curiosity, has the tape ever been heard? I think it would be amusing the hear Keith fumbling about on his Guitar in the middle of the night, dumping his Guitar after playing the riff and then snoring his head off grinning smiley

Re: The Satisfaction Incident
Posted by: Duked ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:32

I want this tape too!!! Does it still exist?

Of the Beatles, many of their composing tapes surfaced and now available on bootlegs.
For example, If I Fell, Strawberry Fields and many other.
Even from Lennon's solo years many composing demos are available (the complete Double Fantasy demos also.)

Never heard any similar of the Stones.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:34

Shame Keith didn't completely forget the riff.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:36

probably it must be filed under "keith-fairytales" along with "muddy waters painting the ceiling and his hous getting bombed by germans"...nevertheless a cool story!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:37

>> Never heard any similar of the Stones <<

you should look around on the Hot Stuff forum, in that case -
there are miles of fascinating Stones bootlegs with early takes/demos

Posted by: Fender ()
Date: September 4, 2010 16:22

I have no idea if it still exists. Would be cool to hear though Duked winking smiley

Totally sssoul, I've heard recordings of him doing Buddy Holly covers on acoustic... stopping halfway to light a Cigarette, mumbling to himself and it just reminded me of what it might of been like when he recorded Satisfaction.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 4, 2010 16:25

crumlingmice - Like the song or not without it we may not be sitting here typing on this board today. Easily the most IMPORTANT piece of music the Stones ever put out - and I believe this story unlike the painting the god damned ceiling story!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: September 4, 2010 16:27

Just a made up story. There are so many in the Stones history, it's not funny anymore. Don't believe all the crap. Keith's a good story-teller. That's all.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 4, 2010 16:36

Bimmel - Maybe, maybe not I don't think that you were in Clearwater FL in 1965 and Keith has been telling this story the same way since 1971.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: September 4, 2010 16:47

slew
Bimmel - Maybe, maybe not I don't think that you were in Clearwater FL in 1965 and Keith has been telling this story the same way since 1971.

I was there. I was painting the ceiling in the room next to his.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 4, 2010 17:05

>> in Clearwater FL in 1965 <<

it wasn't in Clearwater that this happened - it was at the Hilton in London.
the story got garbled because Clearwater is where the Glimmers finished writing the song,
not where it came down out of the heavens in the middle of the night.

and i don't see any reason to doubt the story - there's nothing even slighty outlandish about it.
hell, even Bill Wyman accepts that that's the way it was :E

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: September 4, 2010 17:07

Bimmelzerbott
slew

I was there. I was painting the ceiling in the room next to his.

And you and Muddy did a fine job!

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home