Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Serious Stones News
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 13, 2010 21:00

exile on main street tour with MT and BW as guest players.... sounds good to me

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 13, 2010 21:28

U2 is touring US from May 21 to June 23 in 2011.

Then Stones can go onstage August and front.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 13, 2010 22:21

susannewortmann
AC/DC had a wallmart deal which did them good business. So did journey, to their standards but KISS for example didn't even sell half a million copies through Wallmart and now selling at 5.99 for a 2Cd and 1DVd pack, a shame but the music business is dead i am afraid!

That's because it's KISS.

Date: July 13, 2010 22:27

If they do a "rarities" disc like they did with Exile for Some Girls, I would think in terms of letting the fans/whoever know what they were recorded for (although not strictly the case with the Exile rarities album) that album, a second disc would have the Some Girls artwork, just like the Exile one - let's just call it Some Girls Rarities - I think that would make total sense.

And hopefully, like the Exile one, it will be sold separately as well.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: July 13, 2010 23:17

susannewortmann
AC/DC had a wallmart deal which did them good business. So did journey, to their standards but KISS for example didn't even sell half a million copies through Wallmart and now selling at 5.99 for a 2Cd and 1DVd pack, a shame but the music business is dead i am afraid!

I'm not sure which store(possilby Target ) but I think Tom Petty did a deal with 5 cds,2dvd's and some vinyl plus a blu ray of his Live Anthology,in USA.
Pretty sure the same set is available in UK without a store connection,so there must be some people willing to buy.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 14, 2010 01:03

duke richardson
yeah!! Undercover is a wacked out Exile style album,,I love it, and it really seems to be a 'cousin' of Exile..somehow. more so than Goats Head Soup imo.

Dirty Work is just too unlike the Stones, but 'Too Rude' is good..

That's funny i thought i was alone in that! That's the best song on the CD - LOL!
I think it's the only track I ever play from it. "Had It With You" was kind of amusing though too.

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: July 14, 2010 01:11

Please oh please oh please let them do some theaters and/or club dates. Stadiums for me are out of the question.

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 14, 2010 02:15

mtaylor
Maybe they also can make a Dirty Work Deluxe album, which in fact will be better than the first one - that is bonus track will be better than teh original track.

As bad as Dirty Work was, CAN YOU EVEN FATHOM the material that didn't make the cut?

Date: July 14, 2010 02:17

skipstone
If they do a "rarities" disc like they did with Exile for Some Girls, I would think in terms of letting the fans/whoever know what they were recorded for (although not strictly the case with the Exile rarities album) that album, a second disc would have the Some Girls artwork, just like the Exile one - let's just call it Some Girls Rarities - I think that would make total sense.

And hopefully, like the Exile one, it will be sold separately as well.

Well, I would be enthusiastic enough about this release to buy it with or without the original album.

Hell, I'd buy both!

Date: July 14, 2010 02:20

copsnrobbers
talk is cheap lets see action

talk is cheap : Keith Richards
lets see action : The Who

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 14, 2010 06:42

treaclefingers
mtaylor
Maybe they also can make a Dirty Work Deluxe album, which in fact will be better than the first one - that is bonus track will be better than teh original track.

As bad as Dirty Work was, CAN YOU EVEN FATHOM the material that didn't make the cut?
Some of the songs that didn't reach the CD are pretty good - or to say very good.

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 14, 2010 12:44

Problem is that a unreleased songs release is only for a relatively small group of fans that you cannot build a tour on. Next year will be the start of the 50th Anniversary in 2012 and around that time the "including one new album deal" should be fulfilled I think. Jagger would be 69 by then so time's running out. That will surely be their last album and tour to follow but I think not the huge stadium productions but a smaller scale, more intimate tour. But maybe that's just my hopes. I think they pushed the envelope on Biggest Bang Tour and 4 men in their late 60's early 70's on a huge stage production trying to compete with uh Lady Gaga (JOKE) is not "growing up gracefully"!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 14, 2010 14:43

I'd rather have a rarities album based on Pathe Marconi sessions than a brand new Stones album because I happen to prefer better music. But I guess the album needs to be somehow SOME GIRLS linked if it is going to interest more bigger audiences. But I don't know, the success of EXILE might indicate that the quality of the product might have something to do with the possible sales. There are some goddamn great songs from those SOME GIRLS-EMOTIONAL RESCUE sessions. But having a brandnew Stones CD, with a tour in sight, of course, is a sure seller. But honestly I don't think there are any gems in their veins any longer. And the possible Don Was-Jagger collobaration does not sound very convincing based on EXILE experience. And Keith's current - ten years or so - creative condition does help either (talk is actually cheap). Sorry, but I can't be thrilled for hearing news of a new Stones album any longer... Time Waits For No One...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-14 14:44 by Doxa.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: July 14, 2010 14:49

Living in a dream world?

I would love to see Bill in the main lineup for a new tour. But please kepp Mick T. out of it. He is not up for it anymore.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 14, 2010 15:11

adotulipson
susannewortmann

I'm not sure which store(possilby Target ) but I think Tom Petty did a deal with 5 cds,2dvd's and some vinyl plus a blu ray of his Live Anthology,in USA.
Pretty sure the same set is available in UK without a store connection,so there must be some people willing to buy.

tom petty's deal is with Best Buy i believe.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: July 14, 2010 15:11

If Ronnie can do another tour...anyone can...even Mick Taylor ha ha ha ha

Re: Un-Serious Stones News
Posted by: Habemi ()
Date: July 15, 2010 14:52

sweet neo con
tatters
POSSIBLE TRANSCRIPT OF MEETING:

MJ: So, you feel like doing anything next year?
KR: No, not really.
MJ: Yeah, me neither.

it might be more like...

MJ: So, how much more product should we issue & re-issue to make it look
like we're still a functioning band..until our 50th Anniversary?

KR: Huh?

MJ: There's still money to be made...and I want to stay relevant.

KR: Did someone say PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN again?

MJ: What do you think about creating cardboard cut-outs of you, Ronnie, Charlie
& Darryl..while I run around on stage and divert the crowds' attention singing to a soundtrack?

KR: Again?

MJ: Yes! L'wren says she'll only date short guys if they're in a Rock band...and
my NIKES are like stilts already!

KR: Wait...what? No wonder I've looked shorter than you since Steel Wheels.

MJ: Are THE WIGGLES available?

KR: Hey!! Who's playing guitar on these EXILE bonus tracks!?!?!

(to be continued...)

I'll continue then...

MJ: That's what I am saMJying, you did, didn't ya?

KR: But, why me, I am more comfortable stuck here in the Turks Islands...'

MJ: I don't care Keef, what you wanna do next year?

KR: Why you're asking?

MJ: Well, I am getting tired trying to get attention at public places like the world cup where my favorite team (The Netherlands :0)) didn't win, and I need some real action my friend!

KR: Good for you try to find now you still positive in the news!

MJ: What ya saying?

KR: While you travel the world to be in the spotlight over and over again, I figured something out relaxing in my little boat and wrote a book about it!

MJ: You did what?

KR: A book, a book, you know someting with a cover and some paper joint together in it!

MJ: Yeh, I KNOW what a book is, but what's it about?

KR: IT IS ABOUT OUR LIFE!

MJ: What do you mean, we live apart for almost 20 years so what do you know about my life?

KR: I can tell you I can REMIND a lot of it...

to be continued...

'Till the next time we say goodbye'

Date: July 15, 2010 17:05

susannewortmann
Problem is that a unreleased songs release is only for a relatively small group of fans that you cannot build a tour on.

So what do you call Tattoo You? I would say back then that was a gigantic tour.

Almost half of Emotional Rescue is Some Girls leftovers. Until they were released, they were all unreleased.

Ha ha. Just had to say that.

Date: July 16, 2010 10:42

ok, wiseguy! ;-) You are right! When they sell these old songs rerecorded as an all new Stones album.....that would be a good thing at least uh....today selling leftovers from the past as a NEW thing is maybe actually VERY SAD! So what wasn't good enough in the past is better than what you can come up with today. Maybe it's a sign....?

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: July 16, 2010 10:51

That's a typical Stones precdure:
Change of the record company, release an new album (because it's part of the deal) and after the release they're hittin' the road again.

Since Steel Whells nothing new...

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 16, 2010 14:11

An extended Some Girls makes sense: many high quality leftovers and at least they can bring Ronnie in as original member of this project... Don`t know if a Some Girls project would work live, cause Keith`s "new" noodling style doesn`t fit with the straight SG rock-rythm anymore (just my little opinion) , but it would be fantastic anyway!

Date: July 16, 2010 16:31

susannewortmann
ok, wiseguy! ;-) You are right! When they sell these old songs rerecorded as an all new Stones album.....that would be a good thing at least uh....today selling leftovers from the past as a NEW thing is maybe actually VERY SAD! So what wasn't good enough in the past is better than what you can come up with today. Maybe it's a sign....?

Why would they rerecord them when they're already recorded? They get Bob Clearmountain to mix it like he did for Tattoo You, nobody will notice nor care if they are old recordings. Well I certainly won't. I don't see what's wrong with giving us unreleased material. I'm not against new material either, I just think it's probably more likely to go through the vaults than have them write new songs since they don't seem to really care anymore.

Date: July 26, 2010 11:32

Back to the original topic. The Sun article of last week was actually well informed as the Stones meeting regarding a new album and tour will take place THIS COMING WEEK I was told this weekend. In short again the discussion is an album next year with a full scale tour late 2011 and 2012!

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: July 26, 2010 12:51

Thank you susannewortmann. It confirms what I thought smiling smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 26, 2010 13:10

This is what SERIOUS STONES NEWS..is...Its when Mick makes an official announcement of another Rolling Stones Tour which will be leading headline news on every major television station throughout the world..smoking smiley

Date: July 29, 2010 17:10

Serois Stones News is that Charlie, Mick and Keith...NO RONNIE are together this very moment, discussing the future of the Stones....let's keep our fingers crossed for a album and tour!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 29, 2010 17:11

keep us updated! many thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: July 29, 2010 17:44

I'm not claiming to have inside knowledge, nor no someone who knows someone, but for the sake of speculation I understand that the Stones (might mean Cohl) met with a credit card company in the UK earlier this week to discuss sponsorship/priority ticketing for next year. Sounds plausible, although only runs at the O2 and Madison Square Garden were discussed apparently.

I don't even know the person that came from, somebody who works with my sister in the online payment industry told her they'd been involved so might a complete crock but fun to dream eh!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 31, 2010 15:20

Perhaps early to ask, but do we know any results of that meeting, a confirmation it indeed happened?

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: August 2, 2010 11:42

susannewortmann
Serois Stones News is that Charlie, Mick and Keith...NO RONNIE are together this very moment, discussing the future of the Stones....let's keep our fingers crossed for a album and tour!

Hmmm, no Ronnie?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home