Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Serious Stones News
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 2, 2010 12:26

Silly and annoying "storytelling" here. And based on unreliable sources. The facts are:
Keith's SO ready to tour. He wants to go out and play - the sooner the better.
Ronnie's desperate to play. He was almost financially plundered by his ex wife and her son.
Charlie says he'd rather be on tour with some of his good, old pals than sit at home - afraid to get cancer again. But he refuses to play every single night of the week. 3 nights a week's OK. 70 years old next June, and banging those drums is a physical challenge, even for far younger people. And Charlie's got no back up, like Keith and Ronnie have, in Blondie. He's on his own.
Mick - he's got a lot of the tour planned. He LOVES being on stage. He doesn't exactly need the money - but he likes having money. Not that it's a motivation factor for anyone, except Ronnie. But even Ronnie plays because he simply loves doing it.
The Stones are a bunch of fanatic music lovers. If they weren't in the Stones, they'd be playing music with other people. Which is also what they've done, all four of them, after the last tour finished.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-02 13:01 by Addicted.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 2, 2010 12:33

Addicted
The facts are:
Ronnie's desperate to play. He was almost financially plundered by his ex wife and her son.
Charlie says he'd rather be on tour with some of his good, old pals than sit at home - afraid to get cancer again. But he refuses to play every single night of the week. 3 nights a week's OK. 70 years old next June, and banging those drums is a physical challenge, even for far younger people. And Charlie's got no back up, like Keith and Ronnie have, in Blondie. He's on his own.
Mick - he's got a lot of the tour planned. He LOVES being on stage. He doesn't exactly need the money - but he likes having money. Not that it's a motivation factor for anyone, except Ronnie. But even Ronnie plays because he simply loves doing it.
The Stones are a bunce of fanatic music lovers. If they weren't in the Stones, they'd be playing music with other people. Which is also what they've done, all four of them, after the last tour finished.

Nice to hear! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: August 2, 2010 12:39

Addicted, please don't insult me! I am just sharing info from reliable sources! I am not on the inside neither do I claim to be on the inside. With nearly 20 years in this business I know my sources and I know that the Stones are negotiating currently for a album and tour as mentioned last week! Obviously I don't and CAN'T get the details but I DO know they are at least in one room, discussing the future! I'm not claiming, like you obviosuly can, I know the personal drive and motivation of each individual member to tour or not to tour!

Date: August 2, 2010 13:08

Susanne - that post was NOT addresses to you, but to the childish people who keep constructiong so called "could have almost happened conversations". They're really poor play wrights, too.
You happy now?

About the tour negotiations: London in August is what I've heard.
The list of the different members and their personal drive to tour is both based on interviews, some even quoted here earlier, and personal knowledge. I've worked for them, from time to time. And am presently doing some PR work for one of them.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 2, 2010 13:57

its cool to have both susanne and Addicted sharing what they know with us, and from what you two are saying, looks like .it's ON
thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 2, 2010 14:08

It's good to get to know that they are a band again and on their way back from the break they have taken after "Shine A Light".

Date: August 2, 2010 14:50

duke richardson
its cool to have both susanne and Addicted sharing what they know with us, and from what you two are saying, looks like .it's ON
thumbs upthumbs up

It's not entirely up to the four of them. They might all want to tour and record an album, but they still need a big promotor, like Cohl, to take the economical risk and pay them their guaranteed amount of money.
If the promotor's economical analysis says: No, the financial forecast for Canada, the USA and Europe for 2011 and 2012 isn't too good. There's no way we can make this happen with ticket prices like we used to, well, then they have to re-think. Perhaps scale down to indoor arenas. Save money by not having to build three massive stages simultaneously in 3 countries/cities.

Then everyone has to have a physical examination. If one of them doesn't pass, no insureance company will take the risk of insuring the entire tour. Without an insureance - no band will hit the road. But - funny as it may seem - they're more probable to pass their medical today (at ages between 63 and 69) than before the last few tours. Some have kicked habits and gained big time health wise.
So - there are many rivers to cross. I know I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I guess some of you guys will too.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: August 2, 2010 15:19

Thanks for the update susanne! smiling smiley I am hoping the Stones travel to Australia on their tour

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: August 2, 2010 15:45

hey, Bolexman! winking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 2, 2010 19:26

Thanks to both susannewortman and Addicted for whatever info they can and do share with us.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 3, 2010 02:45

As Mick Jagger once stated in an interview "performing helps preserve ones vitality". They will be back again. And as Charlie once stated " I am a drummer, I play drums for Mick and Keith". Charlie will be there for the ride as well. Keith and Woody are itching to play together again. 2011-2012 will be a great time for them and their fans.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: August 3, 2010 04:00

Addicted
Silly and annoying "storytelling" here. And based on unreliable sources. The facts are:
The Stones are a bunch of fanatic music lovers. If they weren't in the Stones, they'd be playing music with other people. Which is also what they've done, all four of them, after the last tour finished.

Sounds good to me. But, if Keith is so ready to play, how come we haven't seen him onstage anywhere? It seems likes its been a really long time.

I think that not only are they fanatic music lovers, they are fanatic about their own music. They must love it and realize how great it is, how couldn't they?

Date: August 3, 2010 13:10

TrulyMicks
Addicted

Sounds good to me. But, if Keith is so ready to play, how come we haven't seen him onstage anywhere? It seems likes its been a really long time.

I think that not only are they fanatic music lovers, they are fanatic about their own music. They must love it and realize how great it is, how couldn't they?

Keith's been working in studios. With Mick, and with Blondie Chaplin and others. Like Sheryl Crow.
And it's definitely wrong that they're fanatic about their own music. Keiths blues passion, Charlie's jazz passion etc. Mick and Keith's reggae passion. I think you wrote this before you had the chance to think... winking smiley

Date: August 3, 2010 15:28

But I wonder why Keith hasn't played live anywhere if he wants to so badly. He surely has had opportunities.
You may be right about the fanaticsm, but I do believe the love of their music has kept them together all these years. Maybe not Charlie, but Mick and Keith.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 3, 2010 17:13

Addicted
duke richardson
thumbs upthumbs up

It's not entirely up to the four of them. They might all want to tour and record an album, but they still need a big promotor, like Cohl, to take the economical risk and pay them their guaranteed amount of money.
If the promotor's economical analysis says: No, the financial forecast for Canada, the USA and Europe for 2011 and 2012 isn't too good. There's no way we can make this happen with ticket prices like we used to, well, then they have to re-think. Perhaps scale down to indoor arenas. Save money by not having to build three massive stages simultaneously in 3 countries/cities.

Then everyone has to have a physical examination. If one of them doesn't pass, no insureance company will take the risk of insuring the entire tour. Without an insureance - no band will hit the road. But - funny as it may seem - they're more probable to pass their medical today (at ages between 63 and 69) than before the last few tours. Some have kicked habits and gained big time health wise.
So - there are many rivers to cross. I know I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I guess some of you guys will too.

fingers & toes crossed!

Date: August 3, 2010 17:23

TrulyMicks
But I wonder why Keith hasn't played live anywhere if he wants to so badly. He surely has had opportunities.
You may be right about the fanaticsm, but I do believe the love of their music has kept them together all these years. Maybe not Charlie, but Mick and Keith.

You might not have seen the thread here about Keith's wife Patricia (Patti Hansen), who has battled with bladder cancer from the end of the tour in 2007, through surgery, chemo etc. So he's been at her side, thank God, and given priority to the even more important thing in life than music. Namely: FAMILY.
Those two are so close, and have been for over 30 years (27th wedding anniversary comming up in December), so the only right thing to do here was to support his wife. I'm sure you agree!
Here's the link.
[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-03 17:26 by Addicted.

Date: August 3, 2010 17:53

Addicted
TrulyMicks

You might not have seen the thread here about Keith's wife Patricia (Patti Hansen), who has battled with bladder cancer from the end of the tour in 2007, through surgery, chemo etc. So he's been at her side, thank God, and given priority to the even more important thing in life than music. Namely: FAMILY.
Those two are so close, and have been for over 30 years (27th wedding anniversary comming up in December), so the only right thing to do here was to support his wife. I'm sure you agree!
Here's the link.
[www.iorr.org]

Of course I do...now I feel like such an idiot! I didn't see this about his wife. I'm glad to hear she's doing okay. She looked fabulous throughout that time...it must be tough having to deal with the public when you're in a crises.

Date: August 3, 2010 18:16

Relax - you're not an idiot. You just hadn't seen this old thread. There's forgiveness for this. We can't expect everyone to read everything here.
thumbs up

Date: August 3, 2010 19:44

Addicted
Relax - you're not an idiot. You just hadn't seen this old thread. There's forgiveness for this. We can't expect everyone to read everything here.
thumbs up

Thanks.
And thanks for the updates!

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:56

Someone might been asking this before but Im a bit curious.. where do you work, I mean since you work in the music industry and get 'calls' about stones goin out on tour.. aslong as this ain't trolling smiling smiley Hope dont drinking smiley

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:59

Thanks for keeping us informed!

Date: August 3, 2010 21:20

Pelle
Someone might been asking this before but Im a bit curious.. where do you work, I mean since you work in the music industry and get 'calls' about stones goin out on tour.. aslong as this ain't trolling smiling smiley Hope dont drinking smiley

Not sure if you're talking to me or to susannewortmann here, in my case it's no big secret. I've been very open about this. I know what I can say here and I know what I can't say - according to contract.

I have a PR company and am presently working with PR for Keith's autobiography. Done some work for the band. Including some furnishing backstage, etc.
But it you were talking to Susanne, she'd better answer herself, 'cause I have no idea. cool smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 3, 2010 21:53

Addicted, thank you again for your willingness to share what you can. It is always of interest and is greatly appreciated.

Date: August 4, 2010 12:28

Thanks, Rocky Dijon. It's a pleasure.
Will be back with news about the Keith auto bio soon in another thread...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home